BA seat selection fees

TeanneTX

It can be 3rd party bookings like yours, group bookings, super discounted fares (such as Delta's basic economy) that don't allow advance seat selection.
I just wish I had known about the seat selection fee when I made the booking. Choice Air never mentioned it
For the board in general....One more reason for "caveat emptor" when purchasing from any 3rd party, including Choice Air.
As I read Mr. Click's posts, this is for a BA flight and seat pre-allocation is available for a fee which he isn't prepared to pay.

This is normal and nothing to do with Choice Air. One effect is exactly what Mr. Click mentions: There are often lots of unallocated seats close to the time of the flight, even if the flight is actually going to be pretty full. This is one of the intended effects of the policy, because it means that the airline's best customers have a better choice of seats even if they book at a late stage. It's one of the things that I personally like about flying BA.

Yes, be wary of purchasing through Choice Air, at least on line. We have done it before on the phone and avoided pitfalls. In any event, it is a minor inconvenience for us but a lesson for all. My complaint with Choice Air is why ask me to pick seats when I can't get them? Got crickets and triple talk on that one....

My complaint with Choice Air is why ask me to pick seats when I can't get them?
But you could get them. You said so yourself. Only you weren't prepared to pay the fee, which is the same fee that most passengers have to pay if they want to pre-allocate seats in advance.

As I read Mr. Click's posts, this is for a BA flight and seat pre-allocation is available for a fee which he isn't prepared to pay.

This is normal and nothing to do with Choice Air. .

Yes, but he felt that it was Choice Air that did not give him a complete explanation. These kinds of things things ARE often more clear if booking directly on the airline's website, so I still say it's something to watch out for when booking through a 3rd party.

We have Premium Economy seats booked on BA from LAX-BCN, connecting in LHR. The seat fees were $70 per person for the LAX-LHR leg. We decided to not select seats for the last leg since it's only a 2 hour.