Current Captains

lakemurraykid

You probably already know this; it's a pic of "The Binnenhof" or "Inner Court", a complex of buildings in the city center of The Hague, next to the Hofvijver lake. It houses the meeting place of both houses of the States General of the Netherlands (the legislature of the Netherlands), as well as the Ministry of General Affairs and the office of the Prime Minister. Built primarily in the 13th century, the Gothic castle originally functioned as residence of the counts of Holland and became the political center of the Dutch Republic in 1584. It is counted among the Top 100 Dutch heritage sites. The Binnenhof is the oldest House of Parliament in the world still in use.

Thank you for refreshing the history Copper . Yes I am quite familiar with the " Binnenhof ". As a student in my HTS time we had one year a very fancy Ball of the student organization in the upstairs of the Binnenhof , I remember it very well . Had to go up through the circular tower on the side .What I did not know is that it is the oldest Parliament building in the world .

Also shown on this beautiful picture is the "Mauritshuis Museum " which has a hugh treasure of old masters . We'll visit there again after the Rotterdam cruise . :D:D:D

Thanks Copper .

Hi Copper10-8,

I was just wondering who the CD, Captain, and Assistant CD are for the June 16 sailing of the NA and the September 9 sailing of the Oosterdam. Thank you!

Hi Syd

Too far out for the CD & ACD positions

Nieuw A:

Capt Edward van Zaane

Oostie:

Capt Michiel Willems

Hi Copper, in looking at the list, I do not see Captain Sybe de Boer, who I recall from years back as a very genial captain. Is he no longer with HAL?

Thanks and regards,

ON Cruiser

Howdy; Capt. Sijbe de Boer is currently serving as Fleet Captain, meaning he visits ships as part of corporate marine quality assurance

Yes, he will be missed! One of the nicest gentlemen you'll ever meet!

He sure is. He was the Captain on our first HAL cruise (VODM/Alaska 2012). I am sure he contributed to our desire to sail HAL again, which we did the next June. And lo and behold it was Capt. Bos again, coming in the clean up Veendam after that terrible inspection.

And here we are 4 years later still sailing HAL (with a slight side affair with Diamond Princess this spring).

Thanks, are you going to Alaska?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our plans changed and now we’re going instead on the July 30 14-day cruise on the Zaandam; do you know who the captain will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captains, although not recently updated, can also be found here; https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/albert/current-captains-and-their-schedules/

Thank you so much for the current schedule of Captains!

I was able

To read my current Captain on The Maasdam which I will

board in 11 days. Nice bio’s they do!

Denise:)

• 2 weeks later...
Will Capt Sybe de Boer ever come back to be scheduled as the captain on any of the Holland American ships. How long is the term Fleet Captain or is it the last assignment of his career.

ann28mb

It's hard to tell. Can be a couple of years, can be longer. Prior fleet captains have indeed come back to take command of a ship again, i.e. Capt. Darin Bowland was fleet captain back in 2014 and is now back to sea. Capt. de Boer has been with HAL since 1994 and, prior to that, worked on coasters and larger "reefers". He then took a break to obtain his commercial airline pilot's license in the States. After four years of flying, he started with HAL

Hi John,

I just booked OSDM for her trip across the pond.

I know she’s going into drydock before the crossing,can you please tell me what all is being done.

Also who the Captain ,HD and CD are.

Thanks,and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Cat;

Besides standard dry-dock-type maintenance, Oostie is supposed to get EXC Central in the Crow's Nest which includes the relocation of the shorex office and staff, future cruise consultant and location/EXC guide up there from Deck 1 (see ongoing discussion in the other thread ;)), not sure if she's getting "Rijksmuseum at Sea" in the Deck 1 Atrium or if that project is on hold.

Capt Michiel Willems

HD Henk Hoekstra

CD unk at this time

Enjoy my most recent ship! ;)

Hi Cat;

Besides standard dry-dock-type maintenance, Oostie is supposed to get EXC Central in the Crow's Nest which includes the relocation of the shorex office and staff, future cruise consultant and location/EXC guide up there from Deck 1 (see ongoing discussion in the other thread ;)), not sure if she's getting "Rijksmuseum at Sea" in the Deck 1 Atrium or if that project is on hold.

Capt Michiel Willems

HD Henk Hoekstra

CD unk at this time

Enjoy my most recent ship! ;)

Thanks John

Copper10-8

Could you take a look in your crystal ball and let me know the following for the April 12, Westerdam, Hawaii:

Captain

HM

CD

SO

GRM

DRM

Pinnacle GM

ExH

ExChef

Thanks a lot!

That's a lot of folks! Bill for time and labor will be in the mail heading to you! ;p

Copper10-8

Could you take a look in your crystal ball and let me know the following for the April 12, Westerdam, Hawaii:

Captain Mark Rowden

HD Colin Jacob

CD Keri Noble

SO unk at this time

GRM Andreea Rus

DRM Hermenegildus "Gildus" Erni Hanzlagut

PGM Peter Kornfeld

EHK Hobben Sitanggan

ExChef Bitta Kuruvilla

Thanks a lot!

See above - always subject to change! Enjoy Westie

Having just come off the Noordam, my understanding is that Captain Pieter Bos is retiring at the end of March. He will be missed with his constant reminders to "wash your hands"!

Copper 10-8,

Do your know who will be the new captain on the March 28 - May 6 now that Captain Peter Bos is retiring?

Thanks!