Current Captains

lakemurraykid

When in June HM changes on 10th from then on you have the best HM we have ever met - you will not be disappointed

And, who, is the best HM you ever met? I

could list a few who are great :)

But won't :D

Does anyone have an idea who will be the launch Captain on Nieuw Statendam?

I've seen a few posts saying that it might be Darin Bowland but I don't know if that is correct. It might make sense as he is the relief captain on the Koningsdam, so already is familiar with the Pinnacle class.

We were hoping Darin Bowland would be still on the Koningsdam for our Oct. - Nov. cruise.

If you go to Captain Albert's blog, he has a section where he puts the captains schedules. It looks like your cruise will have a Captain Noel O'Driscoll. I keep looking for the take out captain on the Nieuw Statendam but it's not posted anywhere I can see.

Greetings,

Does anyone know who will be the Captain and HD on the Amsterdam to Alaska Sept. 9-15, 2018? We are hoping Captain Jonathan Mercer and HD Henk Mensink will be onboard. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thank-you.

Kruskat

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know who the captain and HD will be on the Prinsendam in September?

According to Captain Albert's blog, Captain Robert Schuchmann is on until September 30th.

Captain Dag comes on Oct. 1st.

Greetings,

Does anyone know who will be the Captain and HD on the Amsterdam to Alaska Sept. 9-15, 2018? We are hoping Captain Jonathan Mercer and HD Henk Mensink will be onboard. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thank-you.

Kruskat

According to Captain Albert's blog, you should have Captain Mercer for your cruise.

Sorry, it doesn't list the HD's.

Does anyone have an idea who will be the launch Captain on Nieuw Statendam?

We were told while on the Veendam in May that Noel O’Driscoll (Veendam captain for our cruise) would be leaving June 2 and heading for the Nieuw Statendam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it known who will be captain and cruise director aboard the Westerdam on the repositioning to Asia beginning September 30?

Captain Mark Rowden according to Captain Albert's Blog and listing.

We were told while on the Veendam in May that Noel O’Driscoll (Veendam captain for our cruise) would be leaving June 2 and heading for the Nieuw Statendam.

I really enjoyed him on Veendam last year. I thought I saw on Capt. Albert's blog that he was off to Koningsdam though.

According to Captain Albert's blog, Captain Robert Schuchmann is on until September 30th.

Captain Dag comes on Oct. 1st.

Thanks very much for the information! I really like both of those captains! I assume that Captan Robert Schuchmann is actually Captain Jeroen Schuchmann. We have sailed with him twice on the PRDM. We are sorry, though, that we will miss Captain Dag by just a few days.

• 4 months later...

Hello John  ( Copper10-8 ) , I have a different kind of question that I have been toying with for a little bit . 

I believe the current Captain on the Volendam Capt Chris Turner is on his last stint as a Holland America Captain and is going into his retirement , the date I have heard from himself was January 2019 but that was about a year ago . 

Could you tell me if it is possible to send him our Best Wishes in his retirement . We have cruised with him on 4 different ships in very different regions and had some nice chats with him and a couple of very special Captains Dinners ! 

What do you think would be the best way to reach him , we will be on the Premier Cruise of the Nieuw Statendam next week and were wondering if we could drop a card at the front office or send it to Seattle . Any suggestions ? 

Thank you very much in advance . Always appreciate the wealth of information that you are able and willing to provide us with . 

Tony , "Sailing Dutchy " 

• Like 1