Current Captains

lakemurraykid

Having just come off the Noordam, my understanding is that Captain Pieter Bos is retiring at the end of March. He will be missed with his constant reminders to "wash your hands"!

Yes, he will be missed! One of the nicest gentlemen you'll ever meet!

Bockmann2.jpg

Hello Copper , Could you tell me please which Captain ,Hotel Manager , Cruise director and Pinnacle manager will be on the Rotterdam between Apr 8 and 30 . The ship is taking me to my old home , near Rotterdam , which I am looking forward to .

Also please is there any news on the retirement of one of our favorite Captains Christopher Turner we cruised 4 times with him and had a couple of great dinners together . :D

Hello Copper , Could you tell me please which Captain ,Hotel Manager , Cruise director and Pinnacle manager will be on the Rotterdam between Apr 8 and 30 . The ship is taking me to my old home , near Rotterdam , which I am looking forward to .

Also please is there any news on the retirement of one of our favorite Captains Christopher Turner we cruised 4 times with him and had a couple of great dinners together . :D

Hello Tony,

No doubt John will answer you, but as far as Captain Turner said when we were on Volendam, he would do another two deployments and than he would retire.

Jeroen

Hello Sailing Dutchy;

RTDM:

Capt Bas van Dreumel

HD Marco van Belleghem

CD Carlos Mendoza

PGM Hazel Isidro

Re; Captain Chris Turner, I would refer you to Alphen's comment ;)

Enjoy that voyage and your visit to the Rotterdam area, Holland's 2nd city ;p

Since we'll be spending a fair amount of time on her from April-May...any idea of the Captain, CD or hotel manager on the Zuiderdam, Copper? Thanks!

Hi Nanner;

ZUDM:

Capts Bart Vaartjes & Wouter van Hoogdalem

HD Darren Lewis & Ron Bontenbal

CD unk at this time

Hello Sailing Dutchy;

RTDM:

Capt Bas van Dreumel

HD Marco van Belleghem

CD Carlos Mendoza

PGM Hazel Isidro

Re; Captain Chris Turner, I would refer you to Alphen's comment ;)

Enjoy that voyage and your visit to the Rotterdam area, Holland's 2nd city ;p

Thank's a lot Copper , always love to see your info provided but hate to impose on your spare time ! :D

You have to be from Amsterdam , I am a Hagenees , close to R'dam right . OK you don't have to comment on that. ;p;p

Thank's a lot Copper , always love to see your info provided but hate to impose on your spare time ! :D

You have to be from Amsterdam , I am a Hagenees , close to R'dam right . OK you don't have to comment on that. ;p;p

I was born and raised in Amsterdam however, s-Gravenhage isn't a bad place to be from either ;)

hague-1.jpg

Gorgeous pictures Copper , thank you . You filled my heart with pride ! :D

You probably already know this; it's a pic of "The Binnenhof" or "Inner Court", a complex of buildings in the city center of The Hague, next to the Hofvijver lake. It houses the meeting place of both houses of the States General of the Netherlands (the legislature of the Netherlands), as well as the Ministry of General Affairs and the office of the Prime Minister. Built primarily in the 13th century, the Gothic castle originally functioned as residence of the counts of Holland and became the political center of the Dutch Republic in 1584. It is counted among the Top 100 Dutch heritage sites. The Binnenhof is the oldest House of Parliament in the world still in use.