What (if any) are the benefits of booking shows online?

dltaeg

We are due to sail at the end of Aug and I've just logged on to see what shows there are. We can book any shows online but with 3 small childen we do prefer to go with the flow a little.

I was just wondering if there any benefits of booking online? Do you get to "que jump" or pick your seats?

You know you're getting a seat

Otherwise you have to queue up with people who haven't reserved and hope to get in

If you pre reserve you get in the reservation line. At some point, about 15 minutes before show, the no reservation guests are let in. Usually there are enough seat if you get there without reservations at least 30 minutes or more before doors open. As previously stated with res. You get a seat but the earlier the better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My experience on Oasis was that if you did not prebook, you were going to wait in line with no guarantee there will be space. It seemed that people eventually got in, but you could have a real problem finding five seats together. With a reservation, we went right in to the aqua show, stage show, and ice show. We tried to change our Comedy Club reservation first day of the cruise. No openings for the week.

You should book now; if you can't make that time while on the ship, you revert to a de facto not having made a reservation.

Our opinion is book the shows pre-cruise and then when you are on the ship if the times don't work rearrange or go stand by for a time that does. No harm in having a reservation you don't use for the shows.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Smaller ships don't use reservations - we prefer this.

On Oasis the aqua and ice shows were fairly full, and people coming in late were having problems with even two seats together. The headliner was Ronn Lucas, a puppeteer that we have seen a number of times. For some reason most of his shows didn't fill and it was easy to find seats for a second show (they won't let you make another reservation if you have already used one). You can move reservations around from your TV if you need to. Pick the shows you really want to see and make a reservation for them.

Thank you for the confirmation. Any idea what type of entertainment they might have?

There will be a number of Roayl Caribbean production shows (singers and dancers) as well as different guest entertainers (comedians, entertainers, magicians, musical groups etc...)

Spend an hour of your time and book reservations for all the different shows. You can always switch things up if you need to once you are on board. But at least this way you'll have something.

And investing a little time up front to make the reservations sure beats standing in a line on the ship, unsure if you'll get seats together.

First time cruising on the Freedom of the Seas, will I need to book entertainment?

MadamG2U

No pre-cruise reservations for shows on Freedom. The ice show may have tickets you need, if so, they will notify you on board.

How about Serenade of the Seas? Small enough that no reservations are needed on that one either?

Correct, no reservations on Serenade either.

Pre-cruise show reservations only on Oasis and Quantum class ships so far.

Edited by clarea

• 1 year later...
I was told by RCCL rep that we needed to book the shows on line for the Independence of the Seas but cannot I wen out cruise planner and cannot find anything any suggestions where to find this section?

Thanks

Indy does not have any pre-cruise show reservations.

Thank you for the confirmation. Any idea what type of entertainment they might have?

Just did a 9 night on Grandneur (a small ship).

First night was comedian. Early show was family, late show was "adult".

Last night was the same, but a different comedian.

They had 2 production shows.

They had a comedy magic show.

They had a comedian ventriloquist.

One night they had a trio doing the songs of Michael Boble.

2 nights were in port. One overnight and one we left at midnight. I don't recall if there were shows.

Correct, no reservations on Serenade either.

Pre-cruise show reservations only on Oasis and Quantum class ships so far.[/quote

We'll be on Serenade next month and I just had a panic when I saw this thread!! 😂

We sailed on Independence 5 years ago and didn't have to reserve the shows in advance for that either. I remember one of our party having to go down and get us all tickets for the ice shows once we were onboard though.