Diet Pop/ Sweetner

destination_sun

Does anyone know what options there are on board for diet pop? Is it the typical Diet Coke/Pepsi or do they have Diet Sprite/Rootbeer ect. We have a beverage package & therefore won't be bringing beverages on board. Also what brand of sweetner is offered? Splenda/equal/Sweet & Low? Thank you

Does anyone know what options there are on board for diet pop? Is it the typical Diet Coke/Pepsi or do they have Diet Sprite/Rootbeer ect. We have a beverage package & therefore won't be bringing beverages on board. Also what brand of sweetner is offered? Splenda/equal/Sweet & Low? Thank you

I only recall Diet Coke. Although not used to such choice here in the have three different sachets of sweeteners that I think match the brand names you have given.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In order to have the brand of diet sweetner on board, it probably would be best to bring a box of your favorite brand with you. It won't take hardly any room in your suitcase.

I do recall having Diet Coke and Diet Sprite. Doubt if you will find root beer on a cruise.

Try a drink called a "Diabetic Pirate". It is Malibu Coconut Rum with Diet Coke. Really good!

The bigger Royal Caribbean ships (Oasis class, Freedom Class, Voyager class) have those new Coke dispensers where you can get all kinds of Diet soda, plus, Dasini water. You need to buy a soda card to use these. However, I have NOT seen these on Princess or NCL (Diet Pepsi- ugh), and I haven't been on Carnival or Celebrity recently enough to offer anything meaningful

Also what brand of sweetner is offered? Splenda/equal/Sweet & Low?

All three--or their generic equivalents such as you might buy in a "big box" store; even the individual packets are of the same color--are readily available aboard... No need to bring your own...

All three--or their generic equivalents such as you might buy in a "big box" store; even the individual packets are of the same color--are readily available aboard... No need to bring your own...

For those so inclined they do not have truvia or stevia.

Coke products.

Diet Coke, diet root beer and diet Sgt Peppers I think.

Had all three of the sweetness if I recall correctly.

I must warn you, if you are sailing outside the US your Diet Coke may taste different than you are used to.

When we were on Silhouette in Dec and also last time on Summit I could get cans of Diet Coke or Diet Caffeine Coke (I try to not drink Caffeine). Also pretty sure they had cans of sprite zero. Got my diet coke every morning as we walked into the buffet

Edited by karena1

If you are outside of the US embarkation ports, you will probably have Coke Light instead of Diet Coke. The can looks similar to Diet Coke (silver) but it tastes more like Coke Zero (sweeter than Diet Coke). When the ships return to the Caribbean, this may be all that is available for the first few weeks.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone read the ingredients in these packages? I am allergic to most artificial sweeteners ( I can have splenda and trivia) and if I consume them I get an awful migraine with nausea and end up stuck in bed. I have noticed that sometimes places have 3 color packets, however they all contain the same sweetener! I typically pack a box, however I have never needed it on any cruises I have been on, it usually gets thrown in the trash to make room for purchases I have made on the islands! It would be nice not to bring it in the first place!

Coke Zero, Sprite Zero, and Caffeine-Free Diet Coke.n No Pepsi products carried on board (they have a contract with Coca Cola). Unlikely they have 7UP as it is a Pepsico product, licensed in the US to Dr. Pepper. They may have diet ginger ale.

However, they do have Club Soda, seltzer, diet tonic. I often ask the bartender to make me a drink with seltzer and non-sugar strawberry syrup. Very common in France for many years, and it's refreshing and delicious.

Splenda, Equal, and sweet n' low, are all available. Alternate sweeteners are not.

Shoot, just use good old sugar...your body KNOWS what to do with it. It's actually better for you than the "fake" stuff.

This is probably the most idiotic post I've seen on this board in a long time!

MY body has no idea what to do with sugar as I'm diabetic and have no choice but to use artificial sweetener!

The 'real' stuff will not only rot my teeth and add to my already excessive waistline, but it could also send me into a coma and, I'm sure you'd just LOVE it if the ship was diverted for a medical emergency and you missed your favorite port, all because I used 'good old sugar'!!!

:rolleyes:

Diet Coke, diet root beer and diet Sgt Peppers I think.

Had all three of the sweetness if I recall correctly.

I must warn you, if you are sailing outside the US your Diet Coke may taste different than you are used to.

Diet Sgt Pepper, is that what Paul McCartney drinks? :p

Shoot, just use good old sugar...your body KNOWS what to do with it. It's actually better for you than the "fake" stuff.

Good old sugar is far from good for you in any respect! [emoji33][emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums