The Emperor tries on Regents New er third hand "New" Clothes - Yes an Explorer review

Forgive me, the breakfast cafe, as you said, is La Veranda. Did you enjoy it? Always nice to have a good morning meal before embarking on a new adventure...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

La Veranda (deck 11) has the full breakfast café (egg station, etc.) The Cafe (deck 5) has the coffee barista and a light breakfast.

I'm not much of a breakfast person but think that they have a good variety. We particularly enjoy Sunday's when caviar (domestic) is available and champagne is served. No matter how early it is, we always have at least a mimosa and caviar on Sundays!

Forgive me, the breakfast cafe, as you said, is La Veranda. Did you enjoy it? Always nice to have a good morning meal before embarking on a new adventure...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Room service breakfast is also very good - excellent selection and served with style

We often opt for this if going on an early tour

FWIW, the unlimited internet used to be a SSS Silver perk, then when it was moved to Gold, those of us who were Silver were grandfathered. We won't hit Gold until next August (hopefully) and even though we were still Silver on our last cruise, we had two logins.

Not sure when the benefit changed, but we were silver in 2010 or 2011, I think, so anyone who was Silver before the change to Gold should get multiple logins, too.

Did you need to request this at check in or were they aware of the fact?

Regent has tracked it well but, if you are changing levels during a cruise, I would double check that it is in the system (you can check with the internet "guru"). IMO, having two logins is important for any couple that like to use the computer at the same time. On Oceania we had only one login and were always waiting for each other to get off of the computer. If you rarely use the computer or are not as joined at the hip as my DH and I are, it probably would not make a difference.

Did you need to request this at check in or were they aware of the fact?

Due to a software error caused by human failures we had to remind the front desk about the free internet. We still got charged for some time even though it was supposed to be free. At least it was only the last day.

DSC_6815-XL.jpg

I'm not sure what this was about. Most people I know that live or work around these flying oceanic rats generally aren't happy with them. Maybe this was a piñata.

DSC_6816-XL.jpg

Lots of heat and lots of people and thats before we got to the local show stage.

DSC_6817-XL.jpg

I wonder how the permitting process works for altering the buildings.

DSC_6818-XL.jpg

Hotel or Art Gallery? There was some confusion about what it wanted to be.

DSC_6819-XL.jpg

A stage, lighting rigs and TV cameras are not a good sign if you're not into crowds.

DSC_6820-XL.jpg

Pity about those trees.

DSC_6821-XL.jpg

In another few minutes those tables would be packed.

DSC_6822-XL.jpg

Ye olde and the new. Pity they couldn't just fly in drones carrying whatever was needed when it was needed and leave the view unobstructed the rest of the time.

DSC_6823-XL.jpg

Always a game as to whether or not you can take pictures inside.

DSC_6824-XL.jpg

And then this happened

DSC_6825-XL.jpg

DSC_6827-XL.jpg

Shade could occasionally be found between the buildings in the narrow streets. The crowds movement usually ruled that out.

DSC_6829-XL.jpg

The biggest "What did I just experience" of the trip.

DSC_6830-XL.jpg

We toured this museum. Why, I'm not really sure. It was supposedly the nautical history of Kotor. In two rooms. Both of which contained things that seemed very random. I still don't know what copies of the Terra Cotta warriors had to do with Kotor, but maybe something?

DSC_6831-XL.jpg

DSC_6832-XL.jpg

DSC_6834-XL.jpg

DSC_6836-XL.jpg

Regent has tracked it well but, if you are changing levels during a cruise, I would double check that it is in the system (you can check with the internet "guru"). IMO, having two logins is important for any couple that like to use the computer at the same time. On Oceania we had only one login and were always waiting for each other to get off of the computer. If you rarely use the computer or are not as joined at the hip as my DH and I are, it probably would not make a difference.

I assume that the "guru" works for Regent. Can you point in the direction of how to contact him/her?

Due to a software error caused by human failures we had to remind the front desk about the free internet. We still got charged for some time even though it was supposed to be free. At least it was only the last day.

Hope you managed to get the charges refunded.

Still enjoying your photos. There is a thread about using a journal. Do you use one and how do you remember where you were, what you ate and what you did of an evening? I would be interested how you do it as it must be quite time consuming.

Thanks. Pam.

I assume that the "guru" works for Regent. Can you point in the direction of how to contact him/her?

While I'm not speaking for TC, in my experience the internet "guru" is the internet person aboard ship who helps guests having problems and administers the internet in general aboard the ship. So, you pretty much have to wait until you board. The main reason you have to wait is because all the data about who gets what privileges gets transmitted and downloaded the morning of each voyage. Thus, no matter what is set up before the voyage the actual results are dependent on the correct receipt of the download. If there are any issues, the guru can override and correct. Having said that, I've never had a problem with what was transmitted but I've seen some others that have. The internet person is a contractor who changes frequently and thus it would be difficult, with any sort of reliability, to contact them in advance (especially since they don't have the downloaded data in advance).

If you have general ship internet questions, these boards (but perhaps not this exact thread) could probably get you an answer.

On our June Alaskan cruise I checked with the Internet "guru" in the computer room on our first visit there. I explained the situation to him. He went away briefly (I assume he was checking our data) and came back and authorized two log-ins for us.

Hope you managed to get the charges refunded.

Still enjoying your photos. There is a thread about using a journal. Do you use one and how do you remember where you were, what you ate and what you did of an evening? I would be interested how you do it as it must be quite time consuming.

Thanks. Pam.

When I first started doing these I hand copied all the menus into a word doc (much easier on the Seabourn Pride with all of two restaurants and they only printed the dinner menu). I also kept notes in the doc as well. The last few everythings been from memory which is why some dishes are labeled others not so much.

When I first started doing these I hand copied all the menus into a word doc (much easier on the Seabourn Pride with all of two restaurants and they only printed the dinner menu). I also kept notes in the doc as well. The last few everythings been from memory which is why some dishes are labeled others not so much.

Thank you. I appreciate the response and applaud your memory skills.

Pam.

The next time you are on Regent (making a positive assumption), ask to have copies of the menu delivered to your suite. We do this all the time it makes it easier when posting about food.

On Crystal they have Press Reader and you can view the menus on your personal devices. No need to waste more paper. Some people like a hard copy I guess.

I saw a Crystal thread where the OP had copied those out of the app and turned them into PDFs. That looked like the easiest way to go, though I wasn't thrilled with the scaling. Any idea if you can get access to what the app is pulling via the website login when on the ship?

Some brave souls went up the hill.

DSC00677-XL.jpg

Part of the crowding problem

DSC00680-XL.jpg

DSC00682-XL.jpg

I'm not sure if that boundary was to keep people in or something(s) else out.

DSC00685-XL.jpg

Nice looking ship. Sadly the line seems to gets a lot of negative commentary on Cruise Critic.

DSC00690-XL.jpg

Shade was afforded via the Pool bar (I still can't fathom why on the Odyssey class the pool bar has almost zero coverage).

DSC_6842-XL.jpg

Something...love story...island... Must be sail away from Kotor time.

DSC00693-XL.jpg

Something new for dinner. Chartreuse. I believe that was the specialty cocktail of the restaurant.

DSC00694-XL.jpg

Along with Stockholm, Kotor is one of my favorite sail aways (I'd like to sail away from Sydney, I've been in just not out) .

DSC00695-XL.jpg

I'm not sure if this was part of the design, dirt or rust but either way I found it less than attractive.

DSC00696-XL.jpg

When in a French themed restaurant you need to try the souffle.

DSC00697-XL.jpg

DSC00698-XL.jpg

If you like steak tartar, I'd suggest skipping the P7 version (it was overly processed mush) and go with the one offered in Chartreuse. It had a much better texture and flavor (once you ditched the caviar topping ;)).

DSC00699-XL.jpg

What was the designer thinking? What happens if I cross a kukri with a dinner knife?

DSC00700-XL.jpg

72 hour sous vide short rib. While tender and flavorful I would have preferred it had been bathed at a slightly higher temperature to break down a bit more of the collagen for a more braised texture.

DSC00701-XL.jpg

Millefeuille

DSC00702-XL.jpg

I'm not complaining about the pairing, but Ritz crackers in a French restaurant are new to me.

DSC00703-XL.jpg