Norwegian Gem - Refillable Bottle Water station

Mid43

Does anyone know if the Gem buffet area has a refillable water bottle station? I know the Breakaway had it, wondering if it is available fleet wide.

Thanks in advance.

I was on the Gem early July and refilled my water bottle at the buffet.

Does anyone know if the Gem buffet area has a refillable water bottle station? I know the Breakaway had it, wondering if it is available fleet wide.

Thanks in advance.

where is this water bottle station located on the Breakaway?

I just sent an email to NCL requesting that they either put in water filling stations or have a crew members stationed at each of beverage station to clean the nozzle when folks are not using glasses to fill their bottles.

I doubt they would waste the staff hours to do this since it isn't a big deal. It makes perfect sense to have a refill station and look how long it's taking for that to roll out.

....then you won't have to be concerned about sanitation issues with others filling bottles in the same public places where you considered filling yours.

The water on lido is filtered more than the tap water is which is why most people use that. Personally I'm more concerned about the germs in the buffet from people misusing utensils etc. and even that isn't in my top ten.

where is this water bottle station located on the Breakaway?

+1 That must be brand new and news to me. how could we missed that :p - if true, I applaud the additions as it would be a positive spin for publicity

Would someone reaffirm this information, where on the BA and how many are available ?

On the other hand, many on the BA were still directly filling their water bottles at the buffet dispensers and not using a clean cup each time (tiny plastic ones) - ignoring the posted sign (perhaps, info-graphic symbols would be better) There're no crew members in sight to check or remind the herds on the proper protocol.

Just don't ever wanted to see someone doing this (what was the person thinking :eek:) ... unless you plan to sail the "Joy" next year

https://wtdevflnt.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/water-fountain.jpg

+1 That must be brand new and news to me. how could we missed that :p - if true, I applaud the additions as it would be a positive spin for publicity

Would someone reaffirm this information, where on the BA and how many are available ?

On the other hand, many on the BA were still directly filling their water bottles at the buffet dispensers and not using a clean cup each time (tiny plastic ones) - ignoring the posted sign (perhaps, info-graphic symbols would be better) There're no crew members in sight to check or remind the herds on the proper protocol.

Just don't ever wanted to see someone doing this (what was the person thinking :eek:) ... unless you plan to sail the "Joy" next year

https://wtdevflnt.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/water-fountain.jpg

Oh my goodness.

In regards to the Breakaway refill station, I thought I saw something in the buffet area, as many people were using it for this purpose and I assumed that is what it was, and the topic came up at our table; but now I see I could be wrong.

And we all know what happens when one Assumes....

Shame on me...:mad:

Sorry if I was misleading. Honest mistake.

In regards to the Breakaway refill station, I thought I saw something in the buffet area, as many people were using it for this purpose and I assumed that is what it was, and the topic came up at our table; but now I see I could be wrong.

And we all know what happens when one Assumes....

Shame on me...:mad:

Sorry if I was misleading. Honest mistake.

Honest mistake but all cruise lines should have them anyway.

The water on lido is filtered more than the tap water is which is why most people use that. Personally I'm more concerned about the germs in the buffet from people misusing utensils etc. and even that isn't in my top ten.

Where is this extra "filter"?

Where is this extra "filter"?

Specifically I have no idea but a chief engineer with first hand knowledge and a regular poster on this board has stated that the water dispensed for the kitchens and for drinking in the restaurants goes through an extra filtration step.

Specifically I have no idea but a chief engineer with first hand knowledge and a regular poster on this board has stated that the water dispensed for the kitchens and for drinking in the restaurants goes through an extra filtration step.

There are extra charcoal filters at the various pieces of beverage equipment. It's there to reduce maintenance requirements for the machine, but has the added benefit of making the water taste subjectively better.

I laud you for it. The better investment would be the refill stations (just in my opinion of course).
That was my first suggestion to them and I said if they didn't want to do that, they needed to have some looking after the water dispensers in the buffet. I would like for them to have a number of water stations throughout the ship, but not my ship.

....then you won't have to be concerned about sanitation issues with others filling bottles in the same public places where you considered filling yours.

The amount of chlorine is a problem for us. The water in the dining rooms, bars, and the buffet are all charcoal filtered which some insist is for the maintenance of the equipment, but I'm holding onto the idea that they do it for me personally since I don't like the chlorine. Charcoal filtration removes chlorine. The ship's water tastes fine to me then, and we drink it in the MDR and buffet all the time.

(My local water from the tap has NO chlorine because, as is the case with many municipalities, my city has switched to less stinky chloramines that last longer ... a factor in municipal water systems because it is not continuously circulating as water on the ship is).

Alternatives are to ask the room steward to bring a pitcher of water to the cabin (which he draws from a filtered tap), use a water bottle with a built in filter, or get your water from the buffet.

There are extra charcoal filters at the various pieces of beverage equipment. It's there to reduce maintenance requirements for the machine, but has the added benefit of making the water taste subjectively better.

Thank you for the info, that would have been one of my guesses.:)