Lumanie

Momma Rene

would like to try Blu. Re MDR, we booked this late and they assigned us early MDR sitting,no flex dining avail.Put on waiting list,so we ll just have to see how that goes.

My cheap DH will NOT go to any of the rest.that charge extra. Only way we got suite is due to my NEED for a bathtub. Also.,,LOVE breakfast room service and not sure full breakfast avail.in reg cabins.

Sorry, but after the year we ve had ,,I really need some pampering.haha

Don't worry about which dining time they assigned you! Both the suite restaurant, Luminae, and Blu are anytime dining. Walk up when you're ready. Your assigned dining room is Luminae, you won't even have a seat saved for you in the main dining room. Celebrity paperwork just seems to require a dining time be input in order to continue a booking. If you're in Aqua Class or a suite you really just disregard this random assignment.

Enjoy your pampering!

Edited by thebutlerdidit

would like to try Blu.

My cheap DH will NOT go to any of the rest.that charge extra. Only way we got suite is due to my NEED for a bathtub. Also.,,LOVE breakfast room service and not sure full breakfast avail.in reg cabins.

Sorry, but after the year we ve had ,,I really need some pampering.haha

We liked BLU as well. You want pampering? Get ready to have your room service breakfast delivered by your butler.:)

OR you can sip coffee in your suite and wander down to Luminae for brunch.:D

Cheers!

Luminae is ok. Needs to upgrade or change the menu. Also have some specials within the cruise I.e. Diversions from the printed menu which stays the same. Ask for what you want. And ask again. I eat primarily vegetables and fruit and it was difficult to get enough of them. Very little imagination with the offerings.

We liked BLU as well. You want pampering? Get ready to have your room service breakfast delivered by your butler.:)

OR you can sip coffee in your suite and wander down to Luminae for brunch.:D

Cheers!

Wish they still served brunch in Luminae, we enjoyed the change in menu in September. Unfortunately they no longer offer brunch.

Yes, love the breakfast on the balcony complete with tablecloth and all, served by the Butler. Also love the afternoon tea that he serves at about 4PM each day. I could get used to suite life, unfortunately AQ is about as much as we can afford on a regular basis.

Wish they still served brunch in Luminae, we enjoyed the change in menu in September. Unfortunately they no longer offer brunch.

Thank you for the more up-to-date (albeit disappointing) info.:(

How late do/did they serve breakfast?

Guess we can always go TeaBag's route and enjoy breakfast on the balcony.:)

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

We'll be on board for 15 nights. Is it possible to have the Butler bring us Luminae menus for 3-4 days in advance? We'd like to peruse the menus and decide which nights to stay in Luminae vs. which nights to dine in a different venue?

From what I remember from March, breakfast ended about 9:00 on port days and 9:30 on sea days. We were never up and dressed to go to Luminae so used our butler and breakfast on our balcony.

Your butler or MC concierge can get you menus in advance. Even though they are numbered they don't use them in order so best to ask.

I always like to get the menus for Luminae and Blu before I make my decision on where to have dinner any particular night. My DH and I go very early because we like dinner to not set on our tummies. Also, it doesn't offend the Blu regulars who like to eat at prime time. We meet plenty of people in Blu and in Michael's Club, but also enjoy just being by ourselves and enjoying our conversation. To me, having as many options as possible is a win-win! :):) My DH does not enjoy the decorative environment in Luminae; he likes the subtleties in Blu. Who would have known this after 43 years of bliss?

Edited by Lastdance

I always like to get the menus for Luminae and Blu before I make my decision on where to have dinner any particular night. My DH and I go very early because we like dinner to not set on our tummies. Also, it doesn't offend the Blu regulars who like to eat at prime time. We meet plenty of people in Blu and in Michael's Club, but also enjoy just being by ourselves and enjoying our conversation. To me, having as many options as possible is a win-win! :):) My DH does not enjoy the decorative environment in Luminae; he likes the subtleties in Blu. Who would have known this after 43 years of bliss?

So, you can have dinner in Lumanie or Blu?

Yes, you can, if you're in a suite as I know you are, but others could read this and misunderstand if they haven't read the whole thread. I read somewhere that people who are not in a suite can eat at Luminae by invitation from someone who is in a suite, for $50pp.

We'll be on board for 15 nights. Is it possible to have the Butler bring us Luminae menus for 3-4 days in advance? We'd like to peruse the menus and decide which nights to stay in Luminae vs. which nights to dine in a different venue?

We ask the conceirge for the full cruise menus in order as we board. We have had no trouble getting photocopies with day and date written on the top.

From this we make our provision dining reservations with the butler. We also tend to enjoy family style Silk Harvest after an intense port day, Tuscan grill if we are sailing away from a port as it opens and Murano's on sea days when we have enough energy in the evening to really enjoy a relaxing meal. By booking early, we never have a problem getting the venues we want at the times we want. If we want to make changes as the cruise progresses we just speak to the butler...

We are not great Luminae fans, we can see what others like and have no issues with service or ambiance, we just tend to find the meals unbalanced for our taste...

On our last cruise we felt really spoilt by the S class speciality restaurants. Just little things like remembering where we preferred to sit, excellent wine recommendations....even offering to make us a meal not on the menu.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by chemmo