Interesting....."Seafood Corner" now on the Conquest

happy cruzin

From Heald's fb page this morning....

Also on the Carnival Conquest on Deck 9 aft we have the new Seafood Corner.

Seafood lovers here is the menu for you to drool over:

New England Clam Chowder in Bread Bowl....... $4

Lobster Roll................................................... $12

Lobster BLT.................................................... $12

Crab Cake Sliders............................................$8

Fish and Chips................................................$6

Fried Seafood Platter......................................$10

(Fish, Shrimp, Clams, Calamari and Fries)

Buckets

Fried Buffalo Shrimp........................................$6

Fried Clam Strips............................................. $5

Fried Shrimp & Clam Strip Combo...................$6

Market

Steamed Lobster by the Pound.......................MP

Snow Crab by Pound......................................MP

Steamed Peel & Eat Shrimp by the Pound.......MP

*Raw Oyster by the each.................................MP

MP= Market Price

What would you have?

None. I will not pay for these extra things. fish and chips which were free, are now 6 dollars.

But, I have to say, on the Breeze, we did pay for something extra at one of the bar/restaurants on the side of the ship. Don't remember the name, but it was the one where you could step outside to tables and there was a hot tub there. I got the chicken. And only paid 4 bucks. Had more than enough for two people, even though it was only me:D And it was delicious.

So, maybe, I would pay the 6 bucks. I just don't like all the extra charge eating places. What happened to all-inclusive?

None. I will not pay for these extra things. fish and chips which were free, are now 6 dollars.

But, I have to say, on the Breeze, we did pay for something extra at one of the bar/restaurants on the side of the ship. Don't remember the name, but it was the one where you could step outside to tables and there was a hot tub there. I got the chicken. And only paid 4 bucks. Had more than enough for two people, even though it was only me:D And it was delicious.

So, maybe, I would pay the 6 bucks. I just don't like all the extra charge eating places. What happened to all-inclusive?

Just to be clear....the "What would you have" is from John Heald - not me. [emoji6]

These prices seem steep for a Carnival pay restaurant. I actually do avail myself of the upcharge stuff fairly frequently (we go to th steak house at least once per cruise and don't sail on ships without it, have done chefs table, have had pretty much everything on the room service pay menu, have done Cucina, are looking forward to the 3.33 pub snacks, etc) but for a casual a la carte restaurant, this seems a bit much. I feel like everything should be reduced by like $2. I actually feel the prices for all the other upcharge stuff has actually been really fair! Seafood is my favorite, but unless it looked absolutely to die for and people convinced me it was the best lobster ever (honestly even in the steakhouse, the lobster is not the best...it is certainly good but not enough I consider it $12 worth of my $35 meal when I get it, frankly), which is unlikely even with quality lobster on a cruise ship.

Edited by berrieh

These prices seem steep for a Carnival pay restaurant. I actually do avail myself of the upcharge stuff fairly frequently (we go to th steak house at least once per cruise and don't sail on ships without it, have done chefs table, have had pretty much everything on the room service pay menu, have done Cucina, are looking forward to the 3.33 pub snacks, etc) but for a casual a la carte restaurant, this seems a bit much. I feel like everything should be reduced by like $2. I actually feel the prices for all the other upcharge stuff has actually been really fair! Seafood is my favorite, but unless it looked absolutely to die for and people convinced me it was the best lobster ever (honestly even in the steakhouse, the lobster is not the best...it is certainly good but not enough I consider it $12 worth of my $35 meal when I get it, frankly), which is unlikely even with quality lobster on a cruise ship.

Seafoods not cheap

I might try it, but hopefully it would be consistently good and fresh tasting now that we pay for it. Interesting changes on the Conquest. I wonder if they will be doing this on all conquest class ships.

Since they are making changes to Conquest, I wish they would put a Serenity deck in.

Edited by SMSACE6

I tried it on Vista last month. Everything was cooked on the spot - they take your order and give you a pager to let you know when your food is ready. I had the fried clams (never available at the old fish and chips stand) and they were good. I saw two guys who ordered huge plates of oysters on the half-shell - I can't imagine how much that cost.

Seafoods not cheap

No, but it's not so expensive it justifies quite these prices either. I live near a coast and pretty much always have (different countries, different oceans, but never lived more than 2 hours from a fishing coast) so maybe the perception of someone in a landlocked area is different.

I use the formula of "would I pay double on land for this food and experience?" And all the other pay options I listed are worth that to me (and I've gotten good seafood at both the steakhouse and Cucina, though the fish is better at the steakhouse and in the MDR than the lobster typically... It's hard to get really "wow" factor lobster sourced, so if they did that, maybe the lobster is worth it but I don't think they could've because they'd have to source it fresh no more than every other day in very specific areas). Room service food isn't always worth it but if I consider its delivered to my room, definitely! We wouldn't have any trouble paying 70 per person (double) for a steakhouse meal on land or 30 for Cucina or 4-5 for the cafe cakes.

But I'd never pay 24 for a lobster roll. Or 8 for clam chowder.

Edit - especially since, unlike the steakhouse or Cucina or room service, there doesn't seem to be any additional atmosphere or service value here. In fact, it sounds like more stressful than CCL standard counter service with the pager!

Edited by berrieh

I wish they had some of the items that the Red Frog Rum Pub shows like grouper fingers and the Pub prices are very reasonable. I will be on Conquest in January and will be tempted to consider this option.

So this is a clear sign that they think that the Seafood Shack on the Vista is a hit.

Less than 3 months of data from European sailings does not seem like much to go on.

Just seems like they expanded the offerings they had for free, and now made everything a la carte. I can understand charges for some of those items, but charging for fish & chips, or soup in a breadbowl is a bit over the line for me. Any revenue above the old baseline of "0" is a hit I suppose.

It's a slippery slope. How much longer before the only "free" pizza is plain and they charge for toppings or custom pies? How much longer before things like basic Sysco frozen chicken fingers move to Guys as Guys Slammin Hot Chicken Fingers and the whole thing becomes a charge?

Edited by LMaxwell

Less than 3 months of data from European sailings does not seem like much to go on.

Just seems like they expanded the offerings they had for free, and now made everything a la carte. I can understand charges for some of those items, but charging for fish & chips, or soup in a breadbowl is a bit over the line for me. Any revenue above the old baseline of "0" is a hit I suppose.

It's a slippery slope. How much longer before the only "free" pizza is plain and they charge for toppings or custom pies? How much longer before things like basic Sysco frozen chicken fingers move to Guys as Guys Slammin Hot Chicken Fingers and the whole thing becomes a charge?

This nickel and dimming is getting worse and worse

I assume it's different fish and chips but I could be wrong.

The fish and chips on Carnival (we have had it on other Conquest class ships but not actually Conquest) was abhorrent. I sincerely hope the cost one is better but I'd never get it after having the free version, which was lower quality than Long John Silvers (and we very much enjoy Carnival free and paid food in general...I even liked the ceviche style cups in the Fish&Chips but they just didn't do the actual fish properly). Haven't seen pics of the new fish yet, but shame on them if they don't upgrade it and still charge!

It was not Carnival that started the slippery slope, that is for sure. That said, to be honest, the wife and I had a conversation the other day on whether we thought the Seafood Shack was popular enough to stay. In regards to your last point, there is not a chance in hades......

No, but it's not so expensive it justifies quite these prices either. I live near a coast and pretty much always have (different countries, different oceans, but never lived more than 2 hours from a fishing coast) so maybe the perception of someone in a landlocked area is different.

I use the formula of "would I pay double on land for this food and experience?" And all the other pay options I listed are worth that to me (and I've gotten good seafood at both the steakhouse and Cucina, though the fish is better at the steakhouse and in the MDR than the lobster typically... It's hard to get really "wow" factor lobster sourced, so if they did that, maybe the lobster is worth it but I don't think they could've because they'd have to source it fresh no more than every other day in very specific areas). Room service food isn't always worth it but if I consider its delivered to my room, definitely! We wouldn't have any trouble paying 70 per person (double) for a steakhouse meal on land or 30 for Cucina or 4-5 for the cafe cakes.

But I'd never pay 24 for a lobster roll. Or 8 for clam chowder.

Edit - especially since, unlike the steakhouse or Cucina or room service, there doesn't seem to be any additional atmosphere or service value here. In fact, it sounds like more stressful than CCL standard counter service with the pager!

I live in Central Florida and we certainly have plenty of coastline, however, it is not uncommon to see $12 lobster rolls here or $4-5 clam chowder. These prices are consistent with what I would see on land and I'm sure my DH would pay for the Clam Strip Bucket (if it was good), BUT I do not think they should be charging for the items that were previously FREE !!!!!!

It might be a hit but this cruiser will not be paying for this.

I get it.... We did try it and while it was good not sure we would do again. What did appear to be a BIG hit was people sitting around the aft pool in the afternoon with friends ordering as snacks with their beers.

From Heald's fb page this morning....

Also on the Carnival Conquest on Deck 9 aft we have the new Seafood Corner.

Seafood lovers here is the menu for you to drool over:

New England Clam Chowder in Bread Bowl....... $4

Lobster Roll................................................... $12

Lobster BLT.................................................... $12

Crab Cake Sliders............................................$8

Fish and Chips................................................$6

Fried Seafood Platter......................................$10

(Fish, Shrimp, Clams, Calamari and Fries)

Buckets

Fried Buffalo Shrimp........................................$6

Fried Clam Strips............................................. $5

Fried Shrimp & Clam Strip Combo...................$6

Market

Steamed Lobster by the Pound.......................MP

Snow Crab by Pound......................................MP

Steamed Peel & Eat Shrimp by the Pound.......MP

*Raw Oyster by the each.................................MP

MP= Market Price

What would you have?

So they removed the included Fish and Chips place on Conquest, and we now have to pay for fish and chips.

SMH.

There's a Seafood Shack on the Sunshine too - so it's more than 3 months of data from just European sailings