Ruby Princess to Mexico

antsp

Hi, we are considering sailing the Ruby on the 7th of Jan to Mexico, trying to get a idea on what the weather will be like, like to relax by the pool during the day on sea days. Any one sailed this route.

We've sailed a Mexico trip in early Jan. We sailed out of San Diego and went alittle farther south to Alcapulco. Was cold first and last day, but got very warm the rest of the way.

Last 2 days at sea were fun! Seas came up and we had 25-30ft seas. All pools, as well as outside were closed. YeeHa.

Is that the classic 7 day sailing, or the 10 day Sea of Cortez sailing? We've done both. As others have said, the weather should be generally warm and sunny. The last day back to Los Angeles is usually windy, since you're going against the prevailing winds.

If it goes to La Paz and Loreto then it's what Princess calls the Sea of Cortez Cruise. Those are two on my favorite Mexican ports. They are not as commercialized as Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. Loreto is an especially pretty town, very laid back. Enjoy your cruise. The Ruby Princess is a beautiful ship.

If it goes to La Paz and Loreto then it's what Princess calls the Sea of Cortez Cruise. Those are two on my favorite Mexican ports. They are not as commercialized as Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. Loreto is an especially pretty town, very laid back. Enjoy your cruise. The Ruby Princess is a beautiful ship.

Agree completely on the Sea of Cortez cruises; and January is a perfect time to be in Mexico: not crowded, mild weather--and Ruby Princess is a beautiful ship.

We live in Puerto Vallarta during Jan-Feb, and this is considered our prime tourist season with the best weather of the year. In a normal year, mid Jan would find daytime highs about 80-85 and the Ocean Water temps in the high 70s-to low 80s. I should mention that least winter we did not have a single day of rain in Jan-Feb :). On the other hand, the previous year 2015 it rained cats,dogs and even Iguanas on Superbowl Sunday. It was a rare winter storm (local flooding prevented some of our local friends from even getting to our party). Bottom line is that there is never a guarantee... but mid-Jan would be a pretty good bet.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Hi, we are considering sailing the Ruby on the 7th of Jan to Mexico, trying to get a idea on what the weather will be like, like to relax by the pool during the day on sea days. Any one sailed this route.

Very cool the first 1 1/2 days going and the last day coming back.

Yes! Beautiful and historic towns. So much more authentic Mexico than the west coast resorts.

Yes! Beautiful and historic towns. So much more authentic Mexico than the west coast resorts.
I agree. Loreto and La Paz are nothing like PV, Mazatlan or Cabo. Quaint and relatively unspoiled. You won't find ten jewelry stores on every block.

La Paz had some stalls set up at the pier where they sell jewelry and woven goods. You can use your bargaining skills to get a really good deal.

2a99a2efa145c5063b672cdfdc3afc88.jpg

You've all twisted my arm, I think I may book it.

Do it! We have a great Roll Call going. I'm so enthused about this cruise--especially Loreto and La Paz--that I may book it for fall of 2018 when it becomes available for booking. Love the two sea days at the end: One for relaxing and enjoying the ship, and the other for packing with a little relaxing and enjoying thrown in!

I agree. Loreto and La Paz are nothing like PV, Mazatlan or Cabo. Quaint and relatively unspoiled. You won't find ten jewelry stores on every block.

You can find 'local Mexico' in PV, Cabo and Mazatlan but you'll have to look for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've sailed a Mexico trip in early Jan. We sailed out of San Diego and went alittle farther south to Alcapulco. Was cold first and last day, but got very warm the rest of the way.

Last 2 days at sea were fun! Seas came up and we had 25-30ft seas. All pools, as well as outside were closed. YeeHa.

I like a little rocking and shaking! Reminds me of my Navy days!

can ou tell me how the weather is at the end of March?

Accuweather.com, weather.com, Holiday-weather.com, and so on all have historical weather data for virtually anywhere in the world. A quick check will give you an good idea.. Enjoy.

Here's the link to the roll call

January 7th 2017 Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2273352

Several of us have done this itin several times.

Usually it'll be nice during the day and can be a bit cool at night. Bring something warm to wear to MUTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app