MDR Survey

JudithLynne

Did any of you receive an email from Princess asking you to complete a survey of menus from the MDR? I could not find a thread about this but the email was just posted. The menus were some of my least favorite. Under comments I asked Princess to PLEASE reinstate the "always available items."

Didn't receive one about the new menus. I'd certainly have an opinion: they suck.

I did get a survey about the new mattresses and linens. Seems Princess plans to offer them for sale.

I'm voting the same on this one.

Tony

I didn't get a survey about the menus. But on the post cruise survey that I received this week, I mentioned that I was pleased that at least the sirloin burgers were back on the always available side of the menu on the Star. I also said that I was hoping the beef medallions would be next. All we can do is ask!

I don't care what they offer as long as they get rid of the Curtis Stone items & bring back the always available items.

Totally agree with you on getting rid of the Curtis Stone items. The old always available items were soooooooooooo much better.

I agree but I do have to say that some of the Curtis Stone desserts are delicious.

Pam, I'm a diabetic which I control totally by diet so avoid desserts BUT my husband likes desserts as do many others reading this.

Please tell us which Curtis Stones desserts you most enjoyed.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Totally agree with you on getting rid of the Curtis Stone items. The old always available items were soooooooooooo much better.

Me too! We were on the Ruby in May, and luckily, they still had the daily chicken and salmon. I hope they have those items on the Regal in two weeks.

Me too! We were on the Ruby in May, and luckily, they still had the daily chicken and salmon. I hope they have those items on the Regal in two weeks.

Hi! Always love hearing from other past Sitmar cruisers! Gosh, we still miss Sitmar.

Please let us know if Regal has the daily salmon and chicken?

You'll be leaving soon so ... BON VOYAGE! :D

LuLu

Did any of you receive an email from Princess asking you to complete a survey of menus from the MDR? I could not find a thread about this but the email was just posted. The menus were some of my least favorite. Under comments I asked Princess to PLEASE reinstate the "always available items."

No but got one on dress codes.

Please tell us which Curtis Stones desserts you most enjoyed.
I'm weird in that I don't like the vast majority of cakes, soufflés or pies but am a sucker for anything chocolate. I usually order either Jello or ice cream for dessert. Anyway, this was my favorite Curtis Stone dessert. It was a chocolate mousse-like dessert.

36fe8fc1e292dd65ce89d1cb8bfad2c0.jpg

I'm weird in that I don't like the vast majority of cakes, soufflés or pies but am a sucker for anything chocolate. I usually order either Jello or ice cream for dessert. Anyway, this was my favorite Curtis Stone dessert. It was a chocolate mousse-like dessert.

36fe8fc1e292dd65ce89d1cb8bfad2c0.jpg

That's not a Curtis Stone dessert. That's a Norman Love dessert. The Norman Love desserts are fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Curtis Stone food doesn't appeal to me as well. Wish I too had been given the survey to fill out.

And as far as the bedding. . . If they have now replaced all mattresses and bedding on ALL the ships, then yes, sell it. If not, wait until it all ships are properly dressed and then sell it.

How does one get invited to participate in these Princess surveys?

After 20+ Princess cruises (and more ahead), and having cruised on almost every ship in the fleet, I would love the opportunity to share my opinions too.

I agree with hoping Curtis Stone goes bye bye. I am very underwhelmed by the dishes of his that I have tried. A celeb chef has no value unless diners are positively impressed with his/her food.

I want the survey so I can add my voice to the get rid of Curtis Stone dishes from all Princess kitchens. It's sad when the food in the buffet is so much better than the MDR that the MDR is almost empty every night.

This is probably why the survey has come out. Someone said in a meeting "Why the hell is the MDR so empty these days" and when the F&B Executive in the room said "because back when I told you the Curtis Stone menu was a disaster, nobody would listen to me"

And they still aren't listening to that person and have sent a survey out to a select few (because I've not received any of the surveys.. Maybe you have to be Elite to get one, I'm still six credits away from that).

So I hope everyone who got the MDR survey actually responds to it. I'm sorry but this old F&B Executive thinks Curtis Stone is one of the most overrated Celebrity Chef's out there today. :cool:

Hi! Always love hearing from other past Sitmar cruisers! Gosh, we still miss Sitmar.

Please let us know if Regal has the daily salmon and chicken?

You'll be leaving soon so ... BON VOYAGE! :D

LuLu

Thank you! We're very excited to visit Russia for the first time. This will be our 7th ta, but we've never taken the Baltic itinerary.

I'll try to post while we're onboard to let you know if the daily salmon and chicken are there. If they're not I'll be checking to see if it can be ordered anyway.

We miss Sitmar, too, and especially the service in the dining room. The first time we took a cruise on another line we were shocked when our dinner came out already plated instead of being served from a silver tray by white gloved waiters.

Edited by FritzG

Hi All

Princess has the ability to make such a mess of the celebrity chef, restaurant

dining thing, while P&0 just keep coming up with new things be it chefs, onboard cooking classes, tv shows etc,

so whoever is the person P&0 at the top needs to be moved higher up the group

to over see food stuff and fix Princess

and get rid of the person

who thought Curtis Stone was a good idea

who thought getting rid of our favourites was a good idea

and bring back the cobbler to the crown grill

yours Shogun