MDR Survey

JudithLynne

A refund for those who digested EF perhaps?

LOL! :D

I don't understand why they could have left the always available alone and just offered an extra dish or two from CS on rotation.

That would have made more sense, but Princess doesn't always do good sense. ;) What's the three-course menu suggestion thing? Is this to take the place of the waiter's recommendations?

While on the Royal Princess this past February I told the waiter that I was not pleased with the removal of the “Always Available” items, particularly the salmon.

He said that I could order the salmon any night that I wanted. So, on my B2B’s I ordered the salmon about 5 times. I am planning on doing this again on my upcoming B2B’s on the Regal this coming February.

BTW, I also feel the same way as most of you about the Curtis Stone dishes. YUK !!!! :eek:

Edited by TwoCruisers

I did a quick comparison between the menus on the survey and the current Italian and Captain's Gala menus. In addition to the always available items current Princess menus include three appetizers, four soups and salads, fettuccine Alfredo and a second pasta and six entrees including a fish, shellfish, beef, other meat, Home-Style Cuisine and vegetarian. Essentially all of the menu items are still the same except the seven appetizer, soup and salad options have been reduce to five :mad: One of the survey questions is "How satisfied are you with the variety in the menu you just saw?" It looks to me that Princess is combining items so that people do not realize that the two appetizer, soup and salad option have been cut from the menu. If they get a favorable overall response to the question above they will use that to justify cutting two options on the current menus :eek: Shame in you Princess :mad: At least the CS items were gone

Edited by IECalCruiser

I got it. It gave 3 menus and asked us to pick items we would order those nights.

Don't remember a spot to write about Curtis stone foods. Only comment I wrote was to dump the burger on available nightly menu. I want the beef medallions back

I got it. It gave 3 menus and asked us to pick items we would order those nights.

Don't remember a spot to write about Curtis stone foods. Only comment I wrote was to dump the burger on available nightly menu. I want the beef medallions back

I also want the beef medallions back on the Always Available.:) I tried a couple of Curtis Stone dishes. The chicken & leek pie is OK, but it needs veges with it. The Seafood Stew was (in my opinion) inedible.

I don't understand why they could have left the always available alone and just offered an extra dish or two from CS on rotation.

I am just off the Crown today, and that is how they did it. The "Favorites" menu included shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, salmon, chicken, and I forget what else, and fettuccine Alfredo was always available. There were Curtis Stone dishes several nights. Two at our table had the pork belly and reported good flavor but very fatty, and my mum loved the seafood stew on the last night.

I am just off the Crown today, and that is how they did it. The "Favorites" menu included shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, salmon, chicken, and I forget what else, and fettuccine Alfredo was always available. There were Curtis Stone dishes several nights. Two at our table had the pork belly and reported good flavor but very fatty, and my mum loved the seafood stew on the last night.

When I read how they do it different on each ship I suspect they are still trying to work it out, the survey adds to that feeling.

When I read how they do it different on each ship I suspect they are still trying to work it out, the survey adds to that feeling.

I wonder if things are different on a ship with SHARE as opposed to those without. You know, trying to drum up business for the restaurant by offering Stone dishes in the MDR. Just musing....

I wonder if things are different on a ship with SHARE as opposed to those without. You know, trying to drum up business for the restaurant by offering Stone dishes in the MDR. Just musing....

I'm not sure.

I was on Diamond when CS kicked in in the MDR, no Share they replaced a good chunk of the always items with CS items (not all of them).

I seriously think they are trying to nut it all out still.

The Crown had the same setup in April.

The survey consisted of viewing three menus: formal night, Italian night and one other. I was asked to click on my choices which were highlighted when I did. The last section was for narrative comments. My ratings were not high and most often below average. I absolutely hate Italian night even though I like Italian food. The worst night is Caribbean night, which was not on the survey. Desserts were not listed. I would attach a copy of the survey but it disappears after being sent.

There were no Curtis Stone items on the menus to select.

On the Crown in April there were no Curtis Stone "always available" options & instead choices such as salmon & chicken but the beef medallions was only an entrée option on one evening. If I recall correctly the medallions were removed from the always available option several years ago & replaced by tri-tip.

We were on the CB in April & May for a TA and then a British Isles cruise.

On the TA segment they had Curtis Stone items in the "always available".

On the BI segment they did not, but had an individual Curtis Stone dish on some evenings in the main course list.

I guess I'm in the minority on the Curtis Stone dishes. I quite liked the pork tenderloin and sweet potatoes as well as the flank steak.

I like flank steak, but I found the Curtis Stone one to be very tough and not seasoned well. Never ordered it a second time.

We experienced the Curtis Stone menu replacing always available on the Coral, Dawn and Diamond in that order. In the beginning there were still some always available Princess items or you could ask for the salmon etc and the waiters would bring it. By the time we got to the Diamond anything we ordered was substituted with something from the Curtis Stone menu. One night the spare ribs arrived as blobs of grey meat and no amount of arguing was going to change the waiter's opinion of our culinary ignorance. The next day the same meat was available at lunch time in the buffet described as shin beef.

Interesting comments about Curtis Stone.

When I was critical, I was told I was an uncultured culinary barbarian and I shouldn't be negative about a dish unless I had tried it at least three times.

Two points :

Typically when you survey, you do it by taking a completely random sample. So it is likely there is nothing to be linked to a person's Captain's Circle level or anything else, for that matter.

I suppose that we must be some of those "uncultured culinary barbarians" too. I find that we usually don't order the same thing we didn't like the first time. Likewise, we typically don't frequent places or service providers offering poor service or products. Especially restaurants, car mechanics and surgeons.

Interesting comments about Curtis Stone.

When I was critical, I was told I was an uncultured culinary barbarian and I shouldn't be negative about a dish unless I had tried it at least three times.

Yeah but you should not confide in the Captain while on a bridge tour.

Just sayin.........

• 3 weeks later...