What are your options if your cabin is above or below a noisy late night activity

1$t Time

So sorry that you had that problem with your cabin. What we do when selecting our cabin location is to also take a look at the deck plans above and below the cabin we are considering. A cabin that has open deck area above it may seem like a good idea at first until you realize that open space is a public area. There may be thumping from baskets balls or scraping from chairs being dragged across the deck. Above or below kitchen or dining areas may be noisy. Being close to the stairs or elevator sounds convenient but then you have a lot of foot traffic going past your door. Nearby the engines and well, you get the point.

Please don't let your first experience keep you from ever cruising again. Like most travel it's a live and learn process. Study the deck plans and decide what you are willing to tolerate and what is non negotiable. And of course, feel free to ask others in the cruise community.

Best wishes

I guess I was just a little disappointing. I had no idea there was such a wealth of info out there and I would have thought the rep would have mentioned it instead of offering it as an upgrade.

I haven't been on a cruise yet but I feel like a veteran after perusing these forums :)

What are your options if your cabin is above or below a noisy late night activity

Not a whole lot of options available. You can go to Guest Services and ask if there's another cabin available to switch to, but chances are very slim that there will be something else available. On a past cruise, we made the mistake of choosing a cabin (on Deck 6) that was directly above one of the lounges. On some nights, there was karaoke singing in that particular lounge. The more people drank, the louder (and sometimes worse) they got. :eek:Thank goodness it was usually over by about 11:00 p.m. Since then, we've made it a point to look over the deck plans very closely before choosing our cabin, so that we know exactly what's above, below, across from or on either side of us.

I guess I was just a little disappointing. I had no idea there was such a wealth of info out there and I would have thought the rep would have mentioned it instead of offering it as an upgrade.

I haven't been on a cruise yet but I feel like a veteran after perusing these forums :)

I'm sure you know now that a guarantee is the luck of the draw. Sometimes good sometimes bad. If you haven't already found http://www.cruisedeckplans.com you may want to check them out. They have a drag deck option and you can see what is over and under you along with other good info. Hope you get to switch your cabin but if not, get the ear plugs and have a wonderful cruise.

Unfortunately, not all PVP's will warn you of such things. Sorry you experienced this.

Have you called back to see if you can switch rooms?

I don't know about invoking the vacation guarantee, I would just take earplugs & a couple of benadryl at night. Our neighbors were in a cabin above one of the clubs on Freedom. Hubby had no issues at all. Wifey said she was bothered the first night, but didn't even notice it the rest of the cruise. We've had 2 cabins that I didn't care for. One was near the steward closet - could hear the carts going in & out. The other was a cabin under some inconsiderate people - jumping, sounded like they were bowling in there, just plain rude. One of the best cabins we ever had was assigned by Carnival - handicap on Lido deck of Freedom - quietest one we ever had even though the people across the hall had small children - the stroller was often parked outside their door.

Don't cruise lines have a responsibility to disclose such information. I am traveling on Carnival and understand their vacation guarantee is good for 24 hours and most club venues don't open until the 2nd night of a cruise. I think that is rather deceptive, especially for 1st time cruisers.

Please share and suggestions or any thoughts you may have.

Thanks for reading my post.

Julien

Look at the deck plans before choosing. A site such as Cruisedeckplans dot com allows you to overlay decks and see exactly what is above and below. If it is a bar, club, food venue, etc. you should anticipate some noise. I could see how a new cruiser may not know to do this, but if you've found this site this is the sort of advice you need.

I haven't been on a cruise yet

Call whoever you booked with and ask to be moved. let them know you want a room that has rooms above and below and on either side (no white spaces for housekeeping storage, etc.)

Look at the deck plans before choosing. A site such as Cruisedeckplans dot com allows you to overlay decks and see exactly what is above and below. If it is a bar, club, food venue, etc. you should anticipate some noise. I could see how a new cruiser may not know to do this, but if you've found this site this is the sort of advice you need.

One tip that works well: use the PDF deck plans on Carnival's website. When you're looking at their online deck plans, choose the "Download PDF" option. With that file open, it's easy-easy-easy to see what's above & below your cabin. :D