Beyond frustrated ... any suggestions??

I'm currently on the phone with Royal Caribbean and really trying to keep my cool.

I have a surprise cruise booked for my parents in February and when I logged into the booking online, it gives me a much higher rate so I decided to call.

Because the reservation wasn't made under my name, in order for me to be added as a contact, they are verifying the last 4 digits of my credit card number.

I'm looking at my credit card statement with the charge and they are telling me it's not the correct 4 digits. I've been on the phone for a total of an hour now.

Any suggestions? I don't know what else to do but I'm losing my patience.:confused:

If you are not talking to C&A, I'd hang up and call them.

I was about to do that Bob. Luckily, they've given me access now. I gave them the reservation number for my upcoming booking and everything else they asked me for.

But now that I'm in, they are only seeing the increased pricing on their end. Sigh, this is going to be a long night.

Sounds like you've hit the famous 're-pricing' bug when logging in a certain way

They must have seen this a million times before (and probably made a million dollars from those who haven't noticed!)

Awful that this sort of thing exists in their system

I'm currently on the phone with Royal Caribbean and really trying to keep my cool.

I have a surprise cruise booked for my parents in February and when I logged into the booking online, it gives me a much higher rate so I decided to call.

Because the reservation wasn't made under my name, in order for me to be added as a contact, they are verifying the last 4 digits of my credit card number.

I'm looking at my credit card statement with the charge and they are telling me it's not the correct 4 digits. I've been on the phone for a total of an hour now.

Any suggestions? I don't know what else to do but I'm losing my patience.:confused:

I have a few credit cards that my DH and I have that have different numbers but tied to the same account. Maybe it has your spouse's (or whoever the second card holder is) card number on it.

Good Luck!

I was about to do that Bob. Luckily, they've given me access now. I gave them the reservation number for my upcoming booking and everything else they asked me for.

But now that I'm in, they are only seeing the increased pricing on their end. Sigh, this is going to be a long night.

Such a nice daughters!

I hope you have a true paper copy (or at least a PDF) of your original booking/pricing! Good luck!!!

I am a "pack rat". I keep pdf and paper copies of all invoices and all changes!

Edited by skiiergirl

Thanks everyone!

I realized the issue. My travel credit card (that I used to make the deposit) was compromised a few months ago and I got it replaced. My online statement from that month even removes the old credit card number, which is bizzare.

But yes I had the old confirmation. She pulled it up, contacted whatever department she needed to and they special rated the pricing back to what it was. She said it happened when I changed their dining time and that it happens all the time, which I think is ridiculous. But it's all fixed, thank goodness!

Thanks everyone!

I realized the issue. My travel credit card (that I used to make the deposit) was compromised a few months ago and I got it replaced. My online statement from that month even removes the old credit card number, which is bizzare.

But yes I had the old confirmation. She pulled it up, contacted whatever department she needed to and they special rated the pricing back to what it was. She said it happened when I changed their dining time and that it happens all the time, which I think is ridiculous. But it's all fixed, thank goodness!

Phew!

I am so glad that it is ok now, but this is ABSURD. Changing their dining time resulting in ANYTHING ELSE CHANGING is insane.

Good luck, I hope you have something in writing with the previous pricing.

Phew!

I am so glad that it is ok now, but this is ABSURD. Changing their dining time resulting in ANYTHING ELSE CHANGING is insane.

Didn't we recently talk about the eight graders in the IT department, fired for being over qualified and replaced by the first graders?:rolleyes: