Forgive me for I have sinned

sxphil

Brilliance was fine

Just a mix of wrong people for dinner which is a big part of our enjoyment

We should have just asked to move

Looking forward to trying something different

We almost always get a table for 2, but never had a bad tablemates on RCCL, but that's the luck of the draw

Yes I have booked with another line

I didn't get the Wow factor from Brilliance couldn't put my finger on it

Perhaps just poor dinner companions or just to many Ports and not enough time

but I am off on the ROYAL Princess next year to taste the opposition as I have always been loyal to Royal

I hope I won't be disappointed

My co-worker went on NCL Gem in June. Didn't like it at all.

Brilliance was fine

Just a mix of wrong people for dinner which is a big part of our enjoyment

We should have just asked to move

Looking forward to trying something different

You must have had the same dinner companions that we had a few years ago on the Brilliance! I tried to look at it as "dinner theater" but that experience is what pushed us over the edge to opt for anytime dining now.

Trying MSC in a few days.....the status match was the deciding factor.

Dark side of the Force.....

We love meeting new people and have always do late seating (They seem to be more our type). We've only needed to move once since we've been cruising. We have made life long friends and even did a reunion this summer in Washington DC with our tablemates from our Vision TA.

Table 18 Rules!

Edited by Beachammo

You must have had the same dinner companions that we had a few years ago on the Brilliance! I tried to look at it as "dinner theater" but that experience is what pushed us over the edge to opt for anytime dining now.

If you aren't happy change immediately - staff member at desk as you enter DR will do it with no fuss.

Good for you! We are Diamond on RCCL and Carnival, Elite on Celebrity, Platinum on Princess and Bronze on NCL and 2 star Mariners on HAL and MSC gives us the same status we have on other lines. .

We are back to RCCL next year after having abandoned them in favor of Princess the past 3 years for our annual January cruise. Hoping that we have a better experience on the LOS than we had on the NOS, but if not, we will head back to Princess or MSC.

We usually cruise in the spring, but went to an all inclusive in Mexico instead. In that case I felt bad for not going to a Karisma Resort in favor of the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso. It was nice, but different than what we are used to. Now we know - back to Karisma for the next trip.

Edited by DebJ14

but I am off on the ROYAL Princess next year to taste the opposition as I have always been loyal to Royal

Nothing wrong with trying others. I hope you enjoy it. In any event, you will have gained perspective and that's a good thing. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have one more Royal cruise in December and our first Celebrity cruise in June 2017. We had thought about going on a Celebrity cruise but they didn't do the Caribbean in summer, when our jobs make that when we can cruise. When Celebrity opened the itinerary and then gave you FOUR PERKS, we jumped on it. We opted for OV cabins because we're taking my Grandson and a friend as part of his college graduation gift. We're Diamond on Royal and with reciprocity, we are Elite on Celebrity, including the 22 year old Grandson on his own. With the four perks, it made it a good deal for us. We had wanted to try Celebrity for a while, but up until this year, the Grandson enjoyed the flowrider and some of the bells and whistles on Royal. We were on a cruise on Liberty in July and we were all disappointed with the food so when this came along, even my Grandson was ready to branch out and try another line. Can't wait to see how they compare. Any cruise is a good vacation. We will be on the Equinox and we have no idea about the ship or tips. We are so familiar with the Royal ships there really wasn't any surprises so it's going to be fun to hear all the tips from everyone on what not to miss and how to best navigate a Celebrity cruise.

I love Royal, and am booked on the Freedom for Dec,2017, but We sailed on the Divina last may, and loved that cruise too. we are booked on the Seaside for May, 2018, and in between on the NCL sky to the Bahamas next March. Price, perks, and itineraries helped pick the ships. I'm sure we will love all of them. While I likes some cruises more than others, I have never been on one that I didn't enjoy myself My top 3 are the Norway, Mariner of the Seas, and Divina, with the Oasis very close.

The title of this thread cracked me up!! But honestly, the whole "loyalty" thing is so lost on me.... I love trying new lines, and have loved something on all of them. I have a goal to sail on all the mass lines at least once.

We often sail with some friends of ours, and for their comfort and enjoyment, they need consistency. For that reason they need to be loyal to one line. The things I love about trying new lines and having new experiences, they hate! LOL! They are the folks who go to the same restaurants, shop at the same places, and find it difficult to be out of "routine". Now that I think about it, not sure how we are friends with them, but we are! We love them. So when we are with them, it is always RCCL, their choice. And only because that is the first line they cruised with, if they had first cruised with another line, they would be loyal to them I think. It is just the way some folks roll. Nothing wrong with it, but I can't have it!! And frankly, the cruise lines "loyalty" programs do not make it worth it to me to give up the adventure of trying new lines/experiences/places.

Happy sailing all!

Good for you. We are not loyal -in most cases, I pick by itinerary first then ship. We did the Caribbean Princess a few years ago and had a great trip.

Enjoy!

Not to put a damper on OPs expectations, but we strayed from RCCL to try the CB when she was in TX. We were left so unsatisfied that we had to book a do over on Liberty 4 months later.

Interesting.

All the posts say we.

Since I travel alone, and only Royal makes me pay 150% and I can only cruise at the most expensive times, I'm stuck until June 2019 with Royal.

I also have to live Super frugally so I can cruise, so the 150% is crucial.

I've cruised on Costa and NCL also.

When I can go at the least expensive times I will be trying other cruise lines, in 2019.

I do enjoy the concierge lounge and the diamond lounge as a solo cruiser.

I cruise 4-5, 6-7 night cruises and a few 3/4 night cruises during the year in the Caribbean and I am never tired of it, as I love to scuba dive.

If I was a "we", I would be cruising other lines also.

:-)

We're still loyal to Royal. When we "jump ship" it will be to Celebrity - so not too far of a jump! When we board a Royal ship it feels comfortable - like we've come home. We have no desire to try any other cruise lines.

Good luck to you!

I'm new too cruising, my first was with P&O Pacific Jewel last year, have booked Jnr Spa suite on Ovation Dec this year & a suite with NCL Star Sep 2017. I figure variety is spice of life & better way to compare by trying different cruise lines.

In regards to loyalty memberships, are they worth it? How do you join? And how many cruises do you need to go on to advance to different levels?

I'm new too cruising, my first was with P&O Pacific Jewel last year, have booked Jnr Spa suite on Ovation Dec this year & a suite with NCL Star Sep 2017. I figure variety is spice of life & better way to compare by trying different cruise lines.

In regards to loyalty memberships, are they worth it? How do you join? And how many cruises do you need to go on to advance to different levels?

Most lines enroll you automatically after your first cruise.

For sure Princess has the best loyalty perks from our perspective, and none of the perks amount to much until you get around 75 cruise days. We might have a slight bias when we're cruise shopping due to the perks, but the same circumstances that led us to book one ship or line in the first place, are likely to be in place the next time we're shopping.

Cheers......I've joined C&A, reading through the membership etc, pleased to learn as we're on a 15 day cruise & booked a JS which doubles the points, next time sail with RCCL will have platinum benefits - nice!

Cheers for the tips & advice [emoji41]