Debates on the ship

gliles

Is there any chance the Rhapsody leaving from Venice will be showing the first US Presidential Debate on board on 9/26? I realize live it would be 3am...but it should be entertaining. TIA!

Hoping this doesn't turn into a political discussion, this is my refuge!. However, I appreciate the question. I've never done the med. Do they carry CNNI (international) on ships over there?

I am interested in the debate, but I also will be sailing in the Med during the 1st debate.

There is no way I want to get into a political argument on a ship. Somebody might have to go overboard :rolleyes:

Good point, if I was cruising at the time and wanting to watch it, I would do so in my cabin. So many nice people have exact opposite views, I don't want to know their thoughts, I'll form my own.

Good point, if I was cruising at the time and wanting to watch it, I would do so in my cabin. So many nice people have exact opposite views, I don't want to know their thoughts, I'll form my own.

It does blow my mind how people I know and respect can have political views that are polar opposite of mine. Politics is a subject I choose to never discuss in polite company :eek:

Hoping this doesn't turn into a political discussion, this is my refuge!. However, I appreciate the question. I've never done the med. Do they carry CNNI (international) on ships over there?

Earlier I saw 'The Progressive Quiz' post and thought, "Here we go!" :D

We did Celebrity in the Med - not sure if RC carries the same stations, but they had 1 or 2 international news channels, I'm not sure if the international channels would show them or not. I can't remember if any of the channels were US based (i.e. CNN international)

I am interested in the debate, but I also will be sailing in the Med during the 1st debate.

There is no way I want to get into a political argument on a ship. Somebody might have to go overboard :rolleyes:

Had two people constantly debating politics in the hot tub in the Solarium on Radiance last May, got to the point where if we saw either of them in the Solarium we just went to a different pool, or grabbed a snack at Windjammer and waited a while before coming back.

Make it into a drinking game. Anytime a candidate lies, take a sip. 20 minutes later you both won't care what is being said and everyone will be sufficiently snowed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no movie, show, or other programming they could show on the TV that would be more entertaining than these debates will be. I don't care if it is a King of Queens in German, Brooklyn 99 in Spanish, or Brooklyn 99 in Chinese.

These will be the most amazing spectacles anyone will have ever seen. It will be a shame if people on board miss out. They air MUCH less interesting things on the ships all the time.

Earlier I saw 'The Progressive Quiz' post and thought, "Here we go!" :D

That is funny. If the OP wants to watch it, I hope they get the chance. There has been a few threads in the last years where people have tried to bring up politics at the dining room table. Fortunately I haven't had that issue.

• 3 weeks later...
Make it into a drinking game. Anytime a candidate lies, take a sip. 20 minutes later you both won't care what is being said and everyone will be sufficiently snowed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a drink package so that'll work!

Thanks everyone, I didn't want to start a political discussion here, I truly just wondered because I do want to see it. I guess I could do the stream but another $40 for the Internet for that, eh...I'll have to think about it.

Gretchen, if the ship carries CNN or CNNI it most likely will and I'm sure you can catch up on the morning news or a full repeat.

I don't care for your pancake statement. I've known my DH since 5th grade and we married at 19..........way too young, but here it is 47 years later and he is definetly a keeper. Not all 1st marriages go sour.

La La, Laura, I see you changed your pic, is that your parents? Nice pic if it is :)

Gretchen, if the ship carries CNN or CNNI it most likely will and I'm sure you can catch up on the morning news or a full repeat.

I don't care for your pancake statement. I've known my DH since 5th grade and we married at 19..........way too young, but here it is 47 years later and he is definetly a keeper. Not all 1st marriages go sour.

La La, Laura, I see you changed your pic, is that your parents? Nice pic if it is :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. :( Congratulations on 47 years, that's impressive.