suite perks

I hope the following helps.

Just got off IoS yesterday (27 October) after 14 days in an Owner's Suite. Our previous cruise in the Spring of this year was on Celebrity Solstice in a similar suite. I mention the vessel names because I am aware that facilities vary.

On Solstice when we boarded a bottle of bubbly was waiting for us in our cabin together with a litre of gin and a litre of Scotch, a fridge filled with no-charge cans and bottles, and fresh flowers. And lots of coupons for free things.

On IoS we were greeted by a bottle of Evian Water, plastic flowers and a fridge filled with chargeable water and soft drinks. A note said that various not-very-exciting goodies had been added to our Seapass accounts.

Back to Solstice where we enjoyed a private restaurant open for breakfast, lunch (some days) and dinner; a private club, Michael's, open 16 hours a day where all drinks including good spirits and Champagne were freely available. Free speciality dining.

On IoS we enjoyed a Concierge lounge where you were offered some of the cheapest Scotch whisky in the world (can you tell what I drink?) but free booze was only in the early evening. All speciality dining extra charge.

Return to Solstice. In the cabin there were two sizes of slippers, a container full of cotton buds (my wife tells me) and a shower cap. Free laundry bag each seven days. On IoS there were two cotton buds per day (maybe that's more hygienic?), no slippers and no shower cap until she asked for one. There was a $10 discount for laundry we didn't get. And no butler - but we don't have much use for them so that's no great loss.

Both vessels were well staffed with comparable dining room quality food, though Solstice had a much better selection of buffet foods. Both provided reserved seating for shows (and only Ios had the wonderful ice rink), and equivalent this-that-and-the-other for suite guests.

This was our second cruise on IoS and we only enjoyed Diamond status because we are Elite Plus on Celebrity. And we knew all (well most) of the above differences before getting on-board.

So why did we book this "lesser" suite experience? Because we went with our daughter and grandchildren and they had a ball. Loved every minute. I'm told only Disney is better for kids than RCCL but I'm not certain we are that brave.

Would we do it again? Yes. But we might choose a ship with what I think is called Coastal Kitchen.

Finally I have to point-out we are not flag bearers (don't we all spot them a mile/kilometre away) for any line. We are destination and time orientated so have been with Princess, Seabourn, Oceania, Crystal, Azamara, Regent, Fred Olsen and Silversea as well as Celebrity and RCCL. Perhaps surprisingly as Brits we have never sailed with Cunard or P&O.

I hope this was useful.

Our next cruise is on a river so it will be a whole new experience.

Why don't we answer the OP and let The Other Person languish.

GS and above

Concierge lounge nightly for drinks and snacks from 5-8:30

DVD player and free movies and games

Ability to order from MDR menus to be served in your cabin.

Bath tub and shower separate.

Lots of room.

Special seating for shows and on some ships at pool

These are the ones that we like the most!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually only OS + have the separate tub/ shower. So far the wide 'seat' on the tub in a GS has been good enough to let me get in and out without too much fuss.

We will be sky class on oasis next month. Two questions. Is the suite lounge open (bar and buffet for lunch) on embarkation day? Also, someone posted above that suites can't order room service from the MDR to the suite anymore on oasis class? Is that really true? If so we r gonna be bummed. We have a 1 bedroom aqua theater suite and want to eat in the cabin a couple of times. Tnx for any info.

I have been on four lines, which is three more than the majority of RCCL cruisers. That gives me sufficient experience to know that RCCL is a poor product compared to the other three lines I have sailed.

You haven't cruised with them for over a decade but come here to knock them? Seems strange to be honest. I wouldn't value a post from someone whose information was that out of date compared to others who have relevant experience.

Oh and for reference I've tried the odd cruise line or two and very often in suites

Just a heads up on in room dining from MDR, this has been discontinued on ships with Royal Suite Class, I have had it confirmed by Vicki Freed (SVP, Sales, Trade Support and Service) in the last couple of days. She says it isn't available at all but according to the updated information in the online Royal Suite Class brochure, it should still be available in Star Class cabins - I guess the Genie can sort that. Apparently, for now, it will still be available on non Royal Suite Class ships.

Thanks for this tidbit of information. We normally cruise in suites, and many nights enjoy dining in. This is a perk that costs the company nothing really, but it is hard to believe that they will be taking it away.

I'll be on the Presidents cruise in a few weeks, and look forward to having this information confirmed. Did Vicki Freed say that it would be replaced by anything?

Rick

PS Has anyone figured out what set ducklite off after being away from Royal Caribbean for 11 years, and just now bringing up such a non relevent topic of interest in the year 2016?

Why don't we answer the OP and let The Other Person languish.

GS and above

Concierge lounge nightly for drinks and snacks from 5-8:30

DVD player and free movies and games

Ability to order from MDR menus to be served in your cabin.

Bath tub and shower separate.

Lots of room.

Special seating for shows and on some ships at pool

These are the ones that we like the most!!!!

Can you share what ships have a separate tub and shower in a GS? My experience has been that that is in OS and above cabins.

PS Has anyone figured out what set ducklite off after being away from Royal Caribbean for 11 years, and just now bringing up such a non relevent topic of interest in the year 2016?

I went and read her other posts and for what I could see she is even keeled with valuable things to add but does travel at a higher luxury level than RCI provides whether you have a suite or not. IMHO she did think she had insight to contribute, folks (rightfully) questioned her, and she fought back instead of just walking away.

That's why I suggested yesterday afternoon we just get back to the OP's question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you share what ships have a separate tub and shower in a GS? My experience has been that that is in OS and above cabins.

Oops, yes in GS is the shower tub combo and OS has the separate units. We were in an owners for the May 6 sailing and was thinking about it. Sorry.

I don’t want to divert from the original question about suite perks and I’m not taking sides but Ducklite may be indirectly trying to suggest that even though it was 11 years ago, RCI didn’t deliver as promised. Yes a burnt out bulb has nothing to do with a suite perk but could be indicative of an attitude that shouldn’t exist and especially not in a suite. Essentially, if they can’t change a lightbulb, how are they going to get your dinner reservations correct or provide the guest with other advertised suite perks??

Maybe the company has “seen the light” and changed their ways but if they haven’t, their flippant attitude (paraphrasing Ducklite) may be important in today’s discussion.

As an example, the RCI website says “All Day Access to Suites-Only Coastal Kitchen”. This statement is not true. I wish it were open all day. So sometimes, current information is not always the only information that should be used to judge, at least in my opinion. Having said that, I doubt they would still be in business if they weren't doing some things right.

Regardless, we just got off the Anthem in a Star Class suite and following "perks" were made available to us (there may be others that we were not aware of);

-Genie

-Includes all specialty dining

-Includes ultimate drink package

-Includes gratuities (you may still want to tip at restaurant, bar, genie, room stewards, concierge, etc)

-Priority leaving the ship at ports

-Includes mini-bar

-Galley tour

-Bridge tour

-Reserved seating at the main theater productions

-Some priority access at ships activities (bumper cars as an example)

-Assistance with reservations for dining or other events

-Includes high speed wireless internet (one access code per person)

-Your luggage goes with you at disembarkation via genie and porter

-Access to Coastal Kitchen (when it's open)

-Higher end bathroom and bedroom amenities

-Occasional afternoon hors d'oeuvre

-Slow elevator (sorry everyone gets this perk :rolleyes:)

Thanks for this tidbit of information. We normally cruise in suites, and many nights enjoy dining in. This is a perk that costs the company nothing really, but it is hard to believe that they will be taking it away.

I'll be on the Presidents cruise in a few weeks, and look forward to having this information confirmed. Did Vicki Freed say that it would be replaced by anything?

Rick

I am in exactly the same 'boat'. It's one of the few perks I use but I utilise it daily. I agree, it doesn't really cost anything to them.

I'd be interested to know too, I hope Vicki and the brochure are wrong. I'll be on a non Royal Suite Class ship in 5 weeks and will be interested to see if everything runs as expected.

No, she offered no further information but I expressed concern at the possibility of eliminating this perk across the fleet and have also emailed my comments to RCI.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Is it really true that Sky Class (we'll be in a GS) will no longer be able to order in room from the MDR menu? This is a perk we've enjoyed in the past on FOS (I know...not the same "Suite Class" thing) and were hoping to take advantage of on the Harmony crossing in October. :(

I am in exactly the same 'boat'. It's one of the few perks I use but I utilise it daily. I agree, it doesn't really cost anything to them.

I'd be interested to know too, I hope Vicki and the brochure are wrong. I'll be on a non Royal Suite Class ship in 5 weeks and will be interested to see if everything runs as expected.

No, she offered no further information but I expressed concern at the possibility of eliminating this perk across the fleet and have also emailed my comments to RCI.

Could you please share the email address you used?

Could you please share the email address you used?

Yes! I would like to have it, as well. Thank you!

I emailed mbayley@rccl.com (knowing it would be passed to a member of his team to look at) and I also completed the feedback form on http://www.casexecutivecomments.com as I also had some comments about C&A as well, so put it all in one.

OP.............others have given you a great idea of what to expect in a suite. We are rather partial to Grand Suites, larger so you have more room to move around, more storage, all the special perks that have been mentioned. Of course, you can move up to still larger suites but we have found that this size meets all our needs. I certainly hope you have grand experiences.

Ducklite (sorry folks, just have to say this) I see that your cruising experience consist of 5 (maybe more by now) cruises. I also noticed that you have posted over 10,000 messages. How can you have so much to say with such limited experience? We have been on 60+ cruises on at least 10 different cruise lines and, while some have been better than RCL, others have been much worse. Most often a vacation is what you make of it. There will always be things that bother you but just accept it and move on. ;):rolleyes::D

This is literally the message I had from Vicki and I sent a further comment she hasn't responded to.

be3bc3924e9f9b22324e246a97fc5c7f.jpg

Well that's it right there. A little disappointed, especially since we've got those 9 b2b sea days on the crossing, but certainly not the end of the world.

It's not the first nor the last I'm sure. We've heard this same tirade before. :rolleyes:

Well that's it right there. A little disappointed, especially since we've got those 9 b2b sea days on the crossing, but certainly not the end of the world.

Stay positive, I am really hoping she is wrong, as is the brochure. You know how sometimes things don't filter through to the ships as they are meant to, I hope this is one of them! ;)

Had a further response from Vicki and thought I would let you know. I have asked for clarification on who is included under 'Top Suite Guests' ie, Grand Suite and above or only star class.

9c4287740a44ec16c620b83004d9a468.jpg

Had a further response from Vicki and thought I would let you know. I have asked for clarification on who is included under 'Top Suite Guests' ie, Grand Suite and above or only star class.

9c4287740a44ec16c620b83004d9a468.jpg

Thank you so much for getting the clarification!! Very good to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk