suite perks

I so agree that if one does not have personal experience that is current there is no point in contributing. I and others want answers to questions that are not out dated and that the poster has experienced lately. Not speculation or 11 yr old info!!

If you have to ask you prove a Point I didn´t even try to make.:eek::eek:

But even you should understand my Point like everybody else did.

The Point is, your cruising Experience is very limited and your cruising Experience with RCI is even more limited and very outdated.

The quetsion of the OP was about current Suite perks and you are simply not qualified in any way to answer this question and actually your post...

is completely wrong in 2016 !!!

If you don´t have a clue and can´t answer a question it´s sometimes better to simply Keep your mouth shut, even if you miss a Chance to follow your personal Agenda after 11 years.:rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They gave us a bad cruise filled with disappointment over things they had control over and chose not to remedy. So many of our complaints were fixable, they didn't even want to try. We got shrugged shoulders and indifference. They did not deliver what their printed information on their web site and in their brochures stated they would deliver.

They ultimately agreed with us and made an offer for us to return. By then it was too little too late. I wasn't going to spend another week of vacation and many thousands of dollars to sail with them again. By the time the offer came, they had burned a bridge.

Your displeasure has been duly noted. We all here on the RCCL threads have heard your complaints. Know you will be ever so happy on other lines. [emoji8]

If you have to ask you prove a Point I didn´t even try to make.:eek::eek:

But even you should understand my Point like everybody else did.

The Point is, your cruising Experience is very limited and your cruising Experience with RCI is even more limited and very outdated.

The quetsion of the OP was about current Suite perks and you are simply not qualified in any way to answer this question and actually your post...

is completely wrong in 2016 !!!

If you don´t have a clue and can´t answer a question it´s sometimes better to simply Keep your mouth shut, even if you miss a Chance to follow your personal Agenda after 11 years.:rolleyes:

I have been on four lines, which is three more than the majority of RCCL cruisers. That gives me sufficient experience to know that RCCL is a poor product compared to the other three lines I have sailed.

I have been on four lines, which is three more than the majority of RCCL cruisers. That gives me sufficient experience to know that RCCL is a poor product compared to the other three lines I have sailed.

I have sailed Disney, celebrity, carnival and Royal. Royal is the only line I have sailed more than once. Your idea of a 'poor product' is not necessarily anyone else's. Again, I mist ask, why is it your mission to denigrate the product?

This is getting a bit ridiculous now. I have also sailed on 4 lines. Guess what? I like Royal the best.

Your experience from 11 years ago is no longer relevant to anyone seeking current info about Royal Caribbean.

That's your opinion. I've sailed on more lines than you, and I don't find Royal Caribbean to be a poor product at all. I guess if it's a poor product, then I've never been on a good cruise, because I liked things about all of them!

Do I like everything about Royal Caribbean? No, but there are things I think they do exceptionally well as well as things I think they need to improve.

If you don't want to give RCI another try that's certainly your prerogative, but I really don't understand continuing to harp on about your experience 11 years after the fact. At some point, even the best or worst experience becomes irrelevant due to the passage of time, employee turnover, renovations, etc. While your experience may still be important to you, I don't think it's helpful to someone looking for current information. Just my $0.02.

WOW, I´m impressed, I´ve never met a frequent cruiser like you, I bow to you and your vast cruise Experience :rolleyes: 5 Cruises on 4 different lines in 14 years:rolleyes:

However with your know it all cruise Experience you still fail to stay on Topic and correctly answer the OP´s question about Suite perks in 2016, because you have simply no idea about them.

Instead you toss out wrong and outdated information from 11 years ago and Keep blabbering about your one time off Experience with broken light bulbs.

It is important to have information about experiences that doesn't come from the cheerleaders to allow people to make informed decisions. RCCL didn't deliver and even after they admitted they didn't deliver, they were way to late with an apology and offer to try them again that came with strings that would have cost us thousands, even if we could have found a cruise with available cabins to take with them at that point.

I guess size (or number of cruises) does matter.

We have always had a great experience on every cruise out of the 36 we have taken. I would list all the lines, but can't really recall them all and two are no longer in business so totally irrelevant.

We have a saying after all these year of traveling, "it's either a vacation or an adventure." Sometimes when things go wrong, "it's an adventure." Most times it's an adventure.

It is important to have 'RELEVANT' information about experiences that doesn't come from the cheerleaders to allow people to make informed decisions.

Let me fix that for you. Now do you understand? :rolleyes:

We've been in suites once on the voyager class ship, twice on the Freedom class ships and three times on the Oasis class.

I have to say that the suite amenities have only improved (as they should) with the size of the ships.

We have had mixed results with concierges for sure, some have been meh and some have been great.

If you're (the OP) considering suites I would suggest the Oasis class.

On board we've enjoyed the priority embarkation and debarkation.

The (included) luggage valet service, taking our bags direct to our plane for the trip home.

The exclusive suite lounge up on deck 17 (aft) with Coastal Kitchen.

Coastal kitchen with fabulous breakfast and dinners.

Complimentary soda, water, beer & wine from 11AM-11PM with more drinks included around the happy hours.

The exclusive sun deck on 17 (fore) with never a problem finding a chair and bar with good service.

The reserved seating for all shows (except comedy club)

We've also had great success with having the concierge book specialty restaurants for us and almost always fulfilled our requests.

Also using the concierge for anything you'd usually have to wait in line for at guest services, booking excursions etc...

In fact we are scheduled to be back on board the Oasis in a few weeks sampling the new "star class" program and have been pleased with the advance communication from our Royal Genie.

I'm sure that others will be able to add constructive & useful information about the suite program for you to consider.

Good luck!

It is important to have information about experiences that doesn't come from the cheerleaders to allow people to make informed decisions. RCCL didn't deliver and even after they admitted they didn't deliver, they were way to late with an apology and offer to try them again that came with strings that would have cost us thousands, even if we could have found a cruise with available cabins to take with them at that point.

It's important to have information that is correct and you did not give that. You gave the opposite.

Why don't we answer the OP and let The Other Person languish.

GS and above

Concierge lounge nightly for drinks and snacks from 5-8:30

DVD player and free movies and games

Ability to order from MDR menus to be served in your cabin.

Bath tub and shower separate.

Lots of room.

Special seating for shows and on some ships at pool

These are the ones that we like the most!!!!

I am sure many us have forgotten more about cruising than you have, my next cruise is my 60th, about 25 percent of them have been RCCL, while I am not totally loyal I consider RCCL to be my favorite line overall, it is not perfect but have never had a bad RCCL cruise

We were in the Royal Suite and the perks were minimal. The concierge on that cruise was beyond useless, and provided incorrect information (in writing) a couple of times which created major inconveniences. Once you leave the extra space if your cabin, expect to be herded along with the rest of the crowds--zero extra anything. No priority disembarkation, no priority seating or reservations, it was a pitiful experience.

My experience in all our suites, all on different RCCL ships, have been the exact opposite of what you've described. Everything has been great. No cheerleading here. Just the facts. Our service has been exceptional which is our main concern. And, the extra perks are nice to have. Nothing overly amazing (the suite lounge on Oasis class is amazing), but they do add to the experience.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Why don't we answer the OP and let The Other Person languish.

GS and above

Concierge lounge nightly for drinks and snacks from 5-8:30

DVD player and free movies and games

Ability to order from MDR menus to be served in your cabin.

Bath tub and shower separate.

Lots of room.

Special seating for shows and on some ships at pool

These are the ones that we like the most!!!!

Just a heads up on in room dining from MDR, this has been discontinued on ships with Royal Suite Class, I have had it confirmed by Vicki Freed (SVP, Sales, Trade Support and Service) in the last couple of days. She says it isn't available at all but according to the updated information in the online Royal Suite Class brochure, it should still be available in Star Class cabins - I guess the Genie can sort that. Apparently, for now, it will still be available on non Royal Suite Class ships.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife