Book platinum dining in advance?

edawn

I don't see a reason why there would be a problem but thought I'd ask anyway. Is it ok to book a reservation to use the platinum voucher before boarding the ship?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't see a reason why there would be a problem but thought I'd ask anyway. Is it ok to book a reservation to use the platinum voucher before boarding the ship?

Thanks!

I think if you book it before you get on the cruise you will be asked to pay at the time you book it, only exception to that is if you have the dining package.

The voucher for your platinum meals will be in your cabin, you can book once on board, I hope someone else verifies this for you but that is how I remember it working.

You might be able to book ahead then cancel once on board, have the charge credited and re-book immediately with your voucher so you don't lose the reservation but seems like that would be a lot of trouble to go through, and I think you have to cancel 24 hrs ahead of reservation time so if it is for the first night that would not work.

Edited by coscab

That used to be case, until many specialty dining went a la carte pricing. You can basically only book La Cucina or Le Bistro in advance, and you no longer need to reserve first with a credit card. Just remember to bring the voucher, good for 1 starter, 1 entree and 1 dessert, and also get the bottle of wine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

That used to be case, until many specialty dining went a la carte pricing. You can basically only book La Cucina or Le Bistro in advance, and you no longer need to reserve first with a credit card. Just remember to bring the voucher, good for 1 starter, 1 entree and 1 dessert, and also get the bottle of wine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This is what I was thinking. I think it'll work fine. Thanks!

Is Moderno's still and option with the voucher? Love that roasted pineapple. :)

I think it's only Le Bistro and La Cucina now.

I think if you book it before you get on the cruise you will be asked to pay at the time you book it, only exception to that is if you have the dining package.

Incorrect. All dining is a la carte, so there are no advance charges.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you pre-book your platinum dinners 90 days before you cruise date (100 days for Suites guests). Prime Time dining at Le Bistro will sell out quickly. The certificate (below) warns you to make reservations ASAP or you may lose out on your benefit.

Only Le Bistro and the Italian restaurant (La Cucinna on many ships) with the platinum certificates. Only one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert with the certificate (we always order extra appetizers and just pay for the lower cost ones). No lobster dishes allowed at either restaurant.

Plat.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

The two restaurants the Platinum certificates can be used at are la Cucina and le Bistro. Both are a la carte and so there is no charge for booking. Just book as if you were paying for it on the night and when you arrive at the desk just produce your certificate. No hassles; we always book as soon as booking is open to get the nights and time we want.

NCL purposely keeps some time slots open in the specialty restaurants so that pax can book them just prior to boarding via the iConcierage app or in person once they actually board. We've been Platinum status for last few cruises on several different ships and we've never had a problem waiting until we're actually on board to make a reservation. Now we like to eat early and catch the early show(s) so we'll make a 530 reservation. If you wish to dine during the peak hours (630-800pm) then you may run into issues.

BIG thanks to BirdTravels for scanning & posting the actual Platinum invitation!

I don't know what the cover charge is at Moderno (it was $20 last time we were on the Jade) but I'm 99% sure that you can use this Platinum voucher there provided NCL/FDR haven't raised the cover charge there to $25 (note the last line on the invitation )

Have a great cruise!

Tom K.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you pre-book your platinum dinners 90 days before you cruise date (100 days for Suites guests). Prime Time dining at Le Bistro will sell out quickly. The certificate (below) warns you to make reservations ASAP or you may lose out on your benefit.

Only Le Bistro and the Italian restaurant (La Cucinna on many ships) with the platinum certificates. Only one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert with the certificate (we always order extra appetizers and just pay for the lower cost ones). No lobster dishes allowed at either restaurant.

Plat.jpg

It figures there would be exclusions for loyal guests

Plat.jpg

If I want to order the Lobster Fra Diavolo, is there an upcharge or is it the full price of the meal?

I don't know what the cover charge is at Moderno (it was $20 last time we were on the Jade) but I'm 99% sure that you can use this Platinum voucher there provided NCL/FDR haven't raised the cover charge there to $25 (note the last line on the invitation ).

That is exactly what they have done. Moderno is now $25 and excluded from the platinum meal offer.

This will be our first Platinum cruise! DH & I are both platinum and I've seen posts that we should get 2 bottles of wine, delivered to our suite (besides the bottle of sparkling wine).

The voucher seems to indicate you get one bottle of wine with your dinner for 2.

Can someone please clarify for me?!! Thanks! (If we don't go to the dinner, do we still get the wine?! ;))

For my next cruise I have the old UDP and I am now Platinum. I have heard that you can go in and show your certificate to get the wine but tell them your "eating" from the UDP so you can order whatever you like. I read a thread somewhere that says this is no problem and others said the folks in the restaurants didn't know how to handle it. Anyone do this ??

This will be our first Platinum cruise! DH & I are both platinum and I've seen posts that we should get 2 bottles of wine' date=' delivered to our suite (besides the bottle of sparkling wine).

The voucher seems to indicate you get one bottle of wine with your dinner for 2.

Can someone please clarify for me?!! Thanks! (If we don't go to the dinner, do we still get the wine?! ;))[/quote']

For platinum, you get one bottle of sparkling wine delivered to your room and one bottle of wine with each meal (you get one of those each). You get those bottles when you go for the meal, although I'm sure you could arrange something (you could book the meal, ask for the wine and then decide not to eat anything after all).

You may get other things for having a suite, depending on what type it is.

For my next cruise I have the old UDP and I am now Platinum. I have heard that you can go in and show your certificate to get the wine but tell them your "eating" from the UDP so you can order whatever you like. I read a thread somewhere that says this is no problem and others said the folks in the restaurants didn't know how to handle it. Anyone do this ??

I've never done that, but something similar.

We once got offered a meal with wine during a cruise. We already had things booked using the UDP, so didn't need the meal, so I took the details along to one of our meals and just asked if we could just have the wine whilst paying for the meal by the UDP. It was no problem.

For platinum, you get one bottle of sparkling wine delivered to your room and one bottle of wine with each meal (you get one of those each). You get those bottles when you go for the meal, although I'm sure you could arrange something (you could book the meal, ask for the wine and then decide not to eat anything after all).

You may get other things for having a suite, depending on what type it is.

Thanks! I appreciate your response! :) We have the UBP so I really shouldn't be concerned about a bottle or 2 of wine!!

We learned several cruises ago to request a pitcher of OJ and put the sparkling wine to use for mimosas! ;)

We have the UBP so I really shouldn't be concerned about a bottle or 2 of wine!!

I often ask them not to open the wine in the restaurants and then take them away with us. It's quite handy to have a couple of bottles in the room for when we just want to relax on the balcony.

We each get two vouchers and we just booked all our restaurant reservations online for the Epic, including Cagneys. The voucher works for La Cucina, Bistro and Moderno at least that was the case, maybe it has changed recently. In the past we used our voucher for Le Bistro and La cucina we are not fans of Moderno. Last time we used our voucher Le bistro and la Cucina had changed a la carte and they still took our vouchers.

Edited by qtaromar1970

I often ask them not to open the wine in the restaurants and then take them away with us. It's quite handy to have a couple of bottles in the room for when we just want to relax on the balcony.

Good idea! Thanks!

What does it say about me that my luggage is always packed with a bottle opener & corkscrew?!!! :D

We each get two vouchers and we just booked all our restaurant reservations online for the Epic, including Cagneys. The voucher works for La Cucina, Bistro and Moderno at least that was the case, maybe it has changed recently. In the past we used our voucher for Le Bistro and La cucina we are not fans of Moderno. Last time we used our voucher Le bistro and la Cucina had changed a la carte and they still took our vouchers.

How did you get "two vouchers each"? The reward is 1 certificate for a 'dinner for two' per Platinum guest. So my DH gets a certificate, and I get a certificate. We go out for dinner twice using the vouchers, two dinners for two. What you describe would be 4 dinners for two.:p

The certificates are only good at Le Bistro and La Cucina these days. And it is one bottle of wine "per certificate", not "per meal" as was stated a few posts back. They do not mind at all if you take the bottle with you, either full or partially full. They will even hold it for you and deliver it to your table on another night.

Edited by punkincc

How did you get "two vouchers each"? The reward is 1 certificate for a 'dinner for two' per Platinum guest. So my DH gets a certificate, and I get a certificate. We go out for dinner twice using the vouchers, two dinners for two. What you describe would be 4 dinners for two.:p

The certificates are only good at Le Bistro and La Cucina these days. And it is one bottle of wine "per certificate", not "per meal" as was stated a few posts back. They do not mind at all if you take the bottle with you, either full or partially full. They will even hold it for you and deliver it to your table on another night.

Hi Everyone, My husband and I are leaving in 4 days for an Alaska Cruise and this will be our first cruise as Platinum members.

Just want to confirm... from this you are saying that both myself and my husband would each get a voucher for meal (totalling 2 vouchers)? I thought you only got 1 voucher per stateroom for a total of 1 meal, but if we each get one and therefore could have 2 meals that would be awesome!

If we both get a voucher, does that also mean you get 1 bottle of wine per voucher? (for a total of 3?; sparkling in the room, 1 wine at first voucher, and another wine with second voucher?)

Just trying to confirm because I only made 1 reservation but if we get 2 I will make another ;)

thanks for the help!

Hi Everyone, My husband and I are leaving in 4 days for an Alaska Cruise and this will be our first cruise as Platinum members.

Just want to confirm... from this you are saying that both myself and my husband would each get a voucher for meal (totalling 2 vouchers)? I thought you only got 1 voucher per stateroom for a total of 1 meal, but if we each get one and therefore could have 2 meals that would be awesome!

If we both get a voucher, does that also mean you get 1 bottle of wine per voucher? (for a total of 3?; sparkling in the room, 1 wine at first voucher, and another wine with second voucher?)

Just trying to confirm because I only made 1 reservation but if we get 2 I will make another ;)

thanks for the help!

YES, you will each receive a voucher for either Le Bistro or La Cucina. Yes, each time you use a voucher you will be able to get a (select menu) bottle of wine. And, yes, there should be a bottle of bubbly in your stateroom, as well.

While we are at it... don't forget you may EACH fill a laundry bag (FREE), which you will need to lable "Platinum."