Bars on the Grand Princess

qsuzi

Which bars on the Grand are your favorite and why? We will be boarding in a few weeks and would appreciate some feedback.

We like the Wheelhouse bar ...mainly because they have happy hour from 3-4 every afternoon where you can buy one drink and get a second one of the same for $1.

The martini bar is also great ... it is by a set of windows and oftentimes has great music in the evenings.

We like the Wheelhouse bar ...mainly because they have happy hour from 3-4 every afternoon where you can buy one drink and get a second one of the same for $1.

The martini bar is also great ... it is by a set of windows and oftentimes has great music in the evenings.

My friends like it for the same reasons :D :D

Tony

What is your favorite this week, might not be next week! The overall ambiance on the ship is really dependent on the passenger mix.....You just have to find YOUR perfect spot on YOUR cruise! If you do a B2B, I guarantee your preferences will be different on the 2nd leg!

• 1 month later...

When we sailed on Star Princess, Grands sister ship, I found the Strawberry Black Pepper margarita available only at the terrace bar. It wasn't available at all on my recent Coral Princess cruise. Anyone know it it's available on Grand Princess terrace bar? I will be sailing from SFO to Hawaii, RT in March 2017.

Also, Coral Princess had two BOGO events daily, one at 3pm and the other at 9pm. Is this same with Grand? We liked that Corals BOGO events were held in larger lounges, unlike our first experience on Star, and that they also had something else going on at the time in the same location. There was either live music or trivia in the same room, which was nice.

Thanks,

Christina

Thanks - I guess some of the newer ships have specific Martini Bars - right ?

Regal next June - will check it out.

Crooner's is the "martini bar" on all of them as far as I know - except for Pacific Princess.

Edited by Thrak

Also, Coral Princess had two BOGO events daily, one at 3pm and the other at 9pm. Is this same with Grand? We liked that Corals BOGO events were held in larger lounges, unlike our first experience on Star, and that they also had something else going on at the time in the same location. There was either live music or trivia in the same room, which was nice.

Thanks,

Christina

BOGO $1 at Grand- 3-4pm at Wheelhouse, and 10-11pm at Club One5

Crooner's is the "martini bar" on all of them as far as I know - except for Pacific Princess.

On the Golden Princess, it is called the Promenade Bar. Although, the drink menu is still named "Tee Many Martoonies":). Most seasoned Princess cruisers will still refer to it as Crooners.

We seem to find ourselves at Crooners. It's central to the ship, has plenty of windows for viewing, there's live music and usually something going on nearby in the Piaza. It's also a good spot for people watching as it seems like you have to pass by Crooners to get anywhrre.

On the Golden Princess, it is called the Promenade Bar. Although, the drink menu is still named "Tee Many Martoonies":). Most seasoned Princess cruisers will still refer to it as Crooners.

Never (yet) sailed on Golden. I'm surprised it has a different name but looking at the deck plans it seem to be in the proper place for Crooner's. :) Thanks for the corrected info.