Running of the Drunks (LOS)

jc foster

O.K., I will admit it. I have a warped sense of humor and enjoy watching the running of the drunks in Cozumel( drunk , slobbering , pukeing passengers returning to adjacent docked ships while running late from the bars). We are on port side midship floor 6. Does the ship always dock on the port side? I have really never noticed.

O.K., I will admit it. I have a warped sense of humor and enjoy watching the running of the drunks in Cozumel( drunk , slobbering , pukeing passengers returning to adjacent docked ships while running late from the bars). We are on port side midship floor 6. Does the ship always dock on the port side? I have really never noticed.

No, not always.

That is fun! I've never been there on Liberty, but from what I have seen there over the years. The ships dock in the same spot/position most times, but once in awhile do it differently, so watch reviews and pick the most likely side. You can always go to the pool deck.

Twice I've been there in what I call "Royal Caribbean Canyon "where there are two big Royal ships with lots of people on balconies cheering. Even the crew gets into it sometimes.

withusincozumel.jpg

Edited by BillOh

Dock side is unpredictable.

Was there one year on Grandeur. We were docked across from Explorer, obviously a much larger ship. We had connecting cabins with friends and after a day in town, our friend was a bit.... "happy?" Anyway, her husband went to the gym, she sat on her balcony to sleep, my wife and I lay down to take a nap. All of a sudden our friend began saying "Come here, come here" I ran out to see what was wrong and she said "We're moving!" I told her "No, Explorer is moving, we're still docked." She insisted we were moving and I assured her I was looking at the lines. She finally sat down and went back to sleep. About 15 minutes later she began "Oh my God, it's disappeared, it disappeared!" I ran out and said "What disappeared," She said "Explorer, it just disappeared." I asked "When did it disappear?" She said "About 15 minutes ago!" I said "Yeah.. that would be about right."

Tequila... it can be so evil. :)

We love watching the running of the drunks! One time the ship was late leaving because there was an excursion that was actually sponsored by Royal and I could not figure out why, but it was an excursion of bar hoping! Finally this group of about 20 people came staggering down the pier and the crew was yelling at them to hurry and everyone on the ship was applauding them. But straggling behind was 2 guys carrying another guy who was too drunk to walk. Finally a crew member went running out pushing a wheelchair to get him on the ship so we could depart. Funniest thing I have ever seen. Maybe Royal learned their lesson since I haven't seen that excursion offered again but I'm sure there are plenty of private tours that would take you!

One memorable time, (Navigator 2009) we were there and it was just a few minutes past all aboard time and people were still leasurily strolling back to the pier. The deck crew was dismayed because they weren't making an effort to hurry so when about 15 people were still around 100 yards out, they started picking up the boarding ramp and putting it away. That got those people running!

My first time in Cozumel was Freedom 2008, lots of late returning people there. Same For Navigator in 2009. On our next trip there in 2012, Jewel was the first ship we were on at Cozumel where the Captain changed Ship's time to local time and that pretty much eliminated the problem. The lady below was the last one on board and she made it with 2 minutes to spare.

last.jpg

Edited by BillOh

We love to set up on our balcony with a drink and watch the show!

If drunks are stupid enough to put themselves on display like this they deserve to be laughed at!

WTH?! Do these people think that if a ship says departing at 5:00 pm that the captain is going to wait for their sorry a**es?! :cool:

One time while in Cozumel on the Allure we returned to the dock and the Vision had arrived next to us. I turned to my lady friend and said "look, the Allure gave birth while we were gone."

That remark had me chuckling for a good while. You are a gentleman and a wit!

Pat

It's morbid I know, but watching the runners in Cozumel is very entertaining. Folks are running while managing not to drop their Yard o Margaritas. Especially fun when there are two ships are in port calling out to the runners.

Edited by cincicruisers

On our sailing earlier this year, there were about 3 people that were late getting back to the ship in the port before Cozumel. The captain personally welcomed them back once on-board by announcing that they were back and were able to get last minute shopping done. Then when we got to Cozumel the Captain announced his morning announcements and re-named these people suggesting they do no more last minute shopping or they will have to catch up with the ship in the next port which was back in Tampa as Coz was the stop. :eek: We watched for runners, and there wasn't a single one. :(

Erika