Cabin hold

If your travel agent puts a cabin on hold pending deposit, if the price goes up, does RCI still honor the price it was at the time the hold was put on the cabin?

Yes....the hold should guarantee the price at the time of the hold....This is the same courtesy those of us that book ourselves also have...but our's is for 24 hours (when available) and I believe a TA can get a longer hold time.

Edited by Ashland

I was told that if no deposit , the price may change. Once a deposit is paid, the price is guaranteed.

I put a 24 hour hold on Serenade a few weeks ago so we could get our ducks in a row. I then emailed my TA and she took it over at the same price with more OBC :D

I've done 24 hr hold dozen times, rate was locked in when I paid next day.

Keep in mind that if the hold (called an option) is placed far out , a TA may have that option for more than 24 hours and may contact the cruise line to extend it even longer .

If the option is taken closer in to sailing , it could be much less than 24 hours .

So RCI honored the hold price put in place on Friday but is refusing to apply the platinum balcony discount because the promo is over.

TA spoke with supervisor but no Bueno

Wasn't the balcony discount already applied with the held reservation?

Wasn't the balcony discount already applied with the held reservation?

No. My sister didn't have her number. By the time she contacted RCI and got her number the price of the cabin had gone up and they wouldn't apply it to the held price c

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. My sister didn't have her number. By the time she contacted RCI and got her number the price of the cabin had gone up and they wouldn't apply it to the held price c

Well, that's normal then. A held reservation is a real booking, and they re-price bookings now if you want to add or increase the balcony discount.

You may be able to get them to override the policy by contacting Resolutions, but I would not be surprised if they refuse.

I was told that if no deposit , the price may change. Once a deposit is paid, the price is guaranteed.

I put a 24 hour hold on Serenade a few weeks ago so we could get our ducks in a row. I then emailed my TA and she took it over at the same price with more OBC :D

So the courtesy hold option on RCCL's website is back?

So the courtesy hold option on RCCL's website is back?

It may be on some sailings. A TA can do courtesy holds.

The other thing I noticed is that if you use a smartphone (I'm using a Blackberry Leap) it will allow me to do a courtesy hold from that yet when I check the same cruise from my desktop or iPad then it will not allow me to do a courtesy hold.

It may be on some sailings. A TA can do courtesy holds.

The other thing I noticed is that if you use a smartphone (I'm using a Blackberry Leap) it will allow me to do a courtesy hold from that yet when I check the same cruise from my desktop or iPad then it will not allow me to do a courtesy hold.

As before only on some sailings, saw one this morning...

Thanks. I haven't found any yet.

I called RCCL and was told courtesy holds are no longer allowed! :eek:

That is interesting. Today, our TA held another cruise for us in 2018 and we have a 5 day option period before it cancels for lack of deposit. I am Looking at the confirmation and it says the deposit is due by 5:00pm Eastern time on 9/13/2017.

Edited by DebJ14