Zuiderdam skipping Halifax call

Wehwalt

Sorry, the wind is now from the Northeast. I think I misread what it said before.

Not much change. Looks like we have still some way to go southwards since by the maps on the TV, we're about level with Long Island. Speed is 22.5

Edited by Wehwalt

We've dropped speed to just under 20 knots after being as high as a wind-aided 23.2 several times. I think because the winds from the aft starboard quarter are fairly sustained at about 45. Seas are mostly swells. A little rolling, nothing much. I've heard something fall over two or three times. Really, fairly dull.

We board on Wednesday and previously were told to expect check in at noon and boarding at 2 pm. I wonder if that will change since the Z is coming in on Tuesday????

D

It appears that those on board will stay on board (if they wish) until Wednesday. From the OP's post, sounds like they don't know if they will be cleared when they arrive.

Well, we've had, according to the screen, 73 mph winds, though now it's a bit calmer. Not much though. Possibly they will all give us another certificate now. We'e slowed to 12 knots. A lot more wave action. Still not what I would call rough though. I went up to the Lido for more coffee and it wasn't quite the normal crowd, but still a lot of people up there saying "Good Morning" more than usual.

Edited by Wehwalt

It's starting to be a fair amount of motion, and we are basically getting hit with 60 plus knot winds almost directly from starboard. We've made our turn to almost directly west, and I imagine it's just a matter of riding this out. Cruise director's announcement was as usual, a little late.

It appears that those on board will stay on board (if they wish) until Wednesday. From the OP's post, sounds like they don't know if they will be cleared when they arrive.

Isn't that what they did when a ship went back to Boston early a few years ago? I think Sail7Seas was on that one. IIRC, she said she went home right away and others stayed onboard until the scheduled disembarkation day.

I suppose it all depends on what the Immigration and Customs process will be. I looked at the port schedule, and there's no ship scheduled for tomorrow (they still show Zuiderdam on the 7th), so the terminal will be available for whatever they decide to set up.

For those arriving a day early, it's going to be partly cloudy and warm. As long as you don't want to go to the beach (rip currents) it should be a nice day.

As a related side note, Veendam is safely alongside the Port of Halifax' Pier 20, looking at an 1800 departure for Sydney, NS, with Norwegian Gem behind her at Pier 21-22

Yes, just heard from daughter that they arrived from Bar Harbor with no issues. She joined Veendam in Boston on Saturday.