Does it cost?

To have photos taken? Often at dinner on the ship, a photographer will approach and ask to take our picture. We've always just waved them away but now I'm thinking it might be nice to buy a good picture. How does it work with the pictures they take? Can you buy just one or do you have to buy a package? TIA

The only time it costs is when you buy it. You can buy a package or you can buy individual pictures. I think an 8x10 is around $21? Someone correct me if I'm wrong - haven't bought any pics on Royal in quite a while:p

Sometimes you can preorder packages for a specific number of pictures or for every picture (all digital) that you can then take home and print yourself, enlarging or reducing to meet your needs;)

To have photos taken? Often at dinner on the ship, a photographer will approach and ask to take our picture. We've always just waved them away but now I'm thinking it might be nice to buy a good picture. How does it work with the pictures they take? Can you buy just one or do you have to buy a package? TIA

Yes it does cost IF you buy. Give a nice smile when the shot is taken.

We usually do not buy ship's photos that are taken upon boarding, outside ship, at table, etc.

However we are considering having some "formal" photos taken this cruise.

Does anyone know approximate cost of these?

We usually do not buy ship's photos that are taken upon boarding, outside ship, at table, etc.

However we are considering having some "formal" photos taken this cruise.

Does anyone know approximate cost of these?

Somewhere between $20 and $25 for a print.

There are discounts at various C&A levels and also packages for purchases of multiple photos that vary the price.

I say - put on a nice smile - hop in the photo lines and then see what happens! when you look at them you can decide if you want to buy them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Oasis we paid $475 for the entire package of all printed photos and the disk. Can I just tell you that we took photos everywhere we could. Every night our girls went after dinner and got photo shoots done and so did we. My husband even was laughing after we got home because apparently while intoxicated he got a "faux" tattoo on board and then had a photo shoot done. We were cracking up because he said oh wow I really did that, I kinda remember but that was a whole lot of sun and quite a few Long Islands later. We had a $500 OBC that we used to purchase the photo package. We got photos as we stepped off each port. Even the pictures from the zip line on the Island were included.Heads up though if you have on sunglasses it messes with the facial recognition so If there is a photo you know you had but don't see ask them they found a few of them for us that didn't show up in our Folio because of sunglasses and sun hats. I believe the older ships it is a lot cheaper. Also there a plenty of smaller packages. We only did the huge one because we had the credit so we figured why not. It filled 3 scrap books even had to add pages:D