GTY cabins - with 11 days to go...

Anne76

Cruise 4 days out, no cabin assignment yet...just got upsell offer. Took it, went from inside to oceanview. Amazing, cabin assignment minutes later. maybe I acted too soon.

I probably made the same decision!!! 4 days:eek:

Booked a guarantee signature suite on Westerdam 9/10 to Alaska. Three weeks before departure received a $499 upsell e-mail to Neptune. Two weeks before departure $399 upsell to Neptune, and the next day assigned a signature suite. Five days before departure offered an upsell at $299 so I called and was given my choice of four different Neptune suites. It's nice to book directly with HAL and get the e-mails, but for the longer cruises with substantial OBC from the big boxstore TA I'll go that route.

(PS. Booked a signature suite at the beginning because the price differential from a veranda was less than $300pp. I figured it would be a chance to try out the SS.)

Congratulations on the great upsell.

Again... nothing this morning... 9 days to go!

Lots of categories now in GTY only, so we'll see!!

Just two plus days to go and nothing yet (We leave Saturday for the cruise on Sunday). I am not worried about it, it will work out.

I would be prepared for the last minute.

Now, if I could just get out of the habit of checking every couple of hours, it would be good.

:)

Just two plus days to go and nothing yet (We leave Saturday for the cruise on Sunday). I am not worried about it, it will work out.

Now, if I could just get out of the habit of checking every couple of hours, it would be good.

Same here, too much checking :rolleyes:

Good luck to you!

I booked an Oceanview Guarantee for our cruise around South America. I got several upsell offers but ignored them all until one came at $299 to a Vista Suite. I was shopping with a friend and gave her my credit card to finish my transaction so I could jump on that offer. Very nice offer and we enjoyed the balcony. Hopping for a similar offer to South America coming up in about 25 days.

Just got another email for an upsell. At this time (3 days out), if we don't take it I expect not to have an assignment until we leave.

Probably won't, my SO is of the stand that they have enough of his money at this time. ;-)

Judy

Just got another email for an upsell. At this time (3 days out), if we don't take it I expect not to have an assignment until we leave.

Probably won't, my SO is of the stand that they have enough of his money at this time. ;-)

Judy

I'm in the same boat, because my husband prefers drinking good wine to an upsell:D. We did not received any offers yet, so we'll see!!

Did you received interesting offers??

I booked an Oceanview Guarantee for our cruise around South America. I got several upsell offers but ignored them all until one came at $299 to a Vista Suite. I was shopping with a friend and gave her my credit card to finish my transaction so I could jump on that offer. Very nice offer and we enjoyed the balcony. Hopping for a similar offer to South America coming up in about 25 days.

Niiiiiice!!!

Same here, too much checking :rolleyes:

Good luck to you!

As a very experienced GUAR booker, I have to say you can NEVER check too much!!!

Lots of categories gone to GUAR usually means HAl is working thought the upsell process and may have assigned some higher categories.

You are getting closer!!! Best of luck!!

Edited by SilvertoGold

I'm in the same boat, because my husband prefers drinking good wine to an upsell:D. We did not received any offers yet, so we'll see!!

Did you received interesting offers??

Obstructed Stateroom (HH) to Ocean View (C to FF) for $79.

Obstructed Stateroom (HH) to Ocean View (C to FF) for $79.

In my opinion the HH is a better room due to location (if not view). Being on the Promenade deck is wonderful for Alaska. Just a few steps (and no stairs) and you are outdoors taking in the views!

Of course, upgrading to a full view D or E on the promenade deck might be worth it!

In my opinion the HH is a better room due to location (if not view). Being on the Promenade deck is wonderful for Alaska. Just a few steps (and no stairs) and you are outdoors taking in the views!

Of course, upgrading to a full view D or E on the promenade deck might be worth it!

Showed up between 5PM and 8PM EDT. (It was on the my reservations page and the tags).

Zaandam Cabin number H3307, Lower Promenade

One less thing to think about. Printing paperwork.

Judy

I hope you love/come to love lower prom deck as much as I do, Judy. You'll get quite a decent view, barely obstructed (IMO) and access to the great outdoors just 6 cabins down.

I'm happy for you.

Edited by fann1sh

Showed up between 5PM and 8PM EDT. (It was on the my reservations page and the tags).

Judy

Enjoy your cruise!!

Judy

This seems to be a favoured time. A lot of our GUARs have shown up in this range.

Great assignment. Have a outstanding cruise!!

Does HAL have a special number to call for an upsell?

When you get an email from them offering an upsell, they will list the number for you to call directly. Of course, this is only for people who booked directly with HAL. For everyone else, you have to wait for your TA to get the email and then call you.