D plus -.behind the scenes tour

elou

I think it is worth doing each of them once. I have completed all three now and feel like I learned something new about each area. Remember to bring closed toed shoes and long pants for these tours as they will not let you participate otherwise.

We are sailing on the Adventure in 11 days and we will probably do the galley tour again because my mom has not done that one yet.

Have fun if you go on one!

We've done all 3 of them and they've been quite interesting. The bridge tour and galley tour we've done on 3 different classes of ships, so we've done them more than once.

**Yes, Galley tours require close toed shoes.

**And you'll have to go through a security screening for the bridge tour. You must sign up ahead of time (see the Concierge) and have your name put on the list - you can't just show up. We had to show ID and also be wand scanned. Any purses or bags that you have will be inspected, so it's best not to bring anything but your sea pass, your ID, and a camera, which is allowed.

The behind the scenes Theater tour was one that we nearly blew off, but it turned out to be one of the best tours we've had! We arrived at the appointed time to find that we were the only people who showed up for it. We almost left, but decided that since there were crew there ready to show us around, we should do it.

It's just amazing how much 'stuff' is packed into a surprisingly small back stage area, and it gave us a whole new respect for things like costume changes and set changes during shows. There's quite a lot of technology involved in the stage, and the sound and lighting systems, so that was interesting to see. I suspect we may have gotten a better than average tour since it was just the two of us and we had two very animated crew members showing us everything. We also interacted with a couple of performers backstage. It was really an excellent tour.

(So don't blow off the behind the scenes theater tour - it may sound lame compared to the others, but it's really not!:))

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

We too have done them all as well and have enjoyed them. None of them are particularly long but they are complete and informative. We now mainly do the bridge tour as that is the most interesting to us and, although very similar, has given us a look at bridges on a number of different ships.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just turned Diamond plus as I went on the Anthem.

Yes you get 3 to pick from and you can do all three.

I did the paid tour when on the explorer. They took you to more places when paying for it. You get to see the 3 areas above, plus they take you down below the water line and you get to see the engine control room, the laundry,

take you down I-95, waste recycling and refrigeration area, the crew areas.

Yes did get to go behind the ice ring while Larissa Sherman was practicing. That was great to see.

Plus I got a tote bag, all access pass and lanyard.

This one of your perks know, so I say go for it. Plus Champagne and pastry in the galley.

Edited by defiant

• 1 month later...
Are these tours offered on the Brilliance 5 night tours? Also I am a diamond but by partner is a gold. Just a wild guess that she would not be able to come with me..correct?!?!

If I'm not mistaken, the tours are only offered to D+. Maybe there might be exceptions, but that is how it was for us. If you get to go, you would have to say something to the Concierge about bringing your friend. I think it would depend on how many of those that are offered will go on the tours.

Gwen :)

On our Oasis 9/10/16 sailing, we did not get to do the Bridge tour. We signed up for it, but there were too many Suite Guests that did the tour. At least this is what we were told. We were looking forward to seeing the Bridge on the Oasis. We have done the smaller ships, and wanted to see the one of the "big ones", maybe next time. We were bummed we couldn't go. :eek:

You can choose to do all 3...we were kinda disappointed...I think the tour you actually book/pay for that includes lunch is a better option.

Doesn't that one cost $150 per person? It should be better at that price. They also take you on a tour through the laundry and other facilities on deck one. A lot more detailed too. I just wouldn't pay that much to do it.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums