Don't Be Fooled

JohnScot

Just got an email from RCI with the Buy One Get One Half price offer for 2017, this time it includes the new Deluxe drinks package. As I got the BOGOH deal this year I was excited to get the same deal again.

What a con, the base price has gone up by 60% so the BOGOH is actually just the same as the full price this year.

You do get the Deluxe package so there is some benefit but why not just be honest and not take customers as fools.

The only people who will not feel that this sticks in their throat is new cruisers who don't know thew prices but I am sure they will check other lines and find the true cost of a cruise.

To give the figures, total cost is $3000 more expensive than last year for the same cruise.

Take away the drinks package and it is $2000 more expensive.

I guess other lines will do the same thing to keep profits up and appear to be giving you an offer.

The problem is that people get angry.

Complain about it for a while.

Then turn around and book another cruise.

Which doesn't really get the message across...........

In looking at your list of upcoming trips in your sig, we may be on both the Liberty and the Oasis at the same time. We will be on for most of those months. I assume you do not post on the roll calls.

The problem is that people get angry.

Complain about it for a while.

Then turn around and book another cruise.

Which doesn't really get the message across...........

My wallet does speak volumes, there are many things when I say I won't support they don't get my money. And this would include cruising. I agree if you want the things be known to the company hit it where it hurts.

I don't care what they call anything. A sale, a promotion, a BOGO, a bogoho, a special, any percentage off.

I look at the price they want to charge me, and if it's a price I am willing to pay for a cruise I want to take, I book it.

If the price changes in my favor later, I am happy. If it doesn't benefit me, I ignore it.

I don't understand why this isn't obvious to all.

I don't care what they call anything. A sale, a promotion, a BOGO, a bogoho, a special, any percentage off.

I look at the price they want to charge me, and if it's a price I am willing to pay for a cruise I want to take, I book it.

If the price changes in my favor later, I am happy. If it doesn't benefit me, I ignore it.

I totally agree.

I don't not care what they do, advertise, discount, or call the "sale" of the week.

The bottom line is what does it cost for two cabins on the week I need.

If I feel the price is a good deal, I go ahead and book.

Usually, not always, If you book well in advance you get the best price and best rooms. They will honor a lower price if the trip had not been paid in full. I have (3) different cruises all 7+ days and I booked over a year in advance. The prices have only gone up not down. One trip has gone up $2000. I do feel that my original fair was and still is a great deal.

So do want you want and don't look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish RCI would send me emails with these "deals" and "sales". I get nothing from them and I have cruised many times. And its not my email junk filter blocking their emails.

I would gladly take a BOGO sale on a drink package for 2017 as I have 2 cruises booked already with no deals.

Thank you for bring some sanity to these pricing discussions.

I watch the sales closely.

Because sometimes after a sale the price comes down and I am able to get a reduction in my cruise price.

Eagerly checking daily and will keep doing till final payment do, which is sometime in May.

Enjoy

Thank you, MM - for giving me something on which I can agree with. :)

Look, it's this simple - ignore the words "Sale", "Special", "Promotion", etc., etc. Just price the cruise out and if it's in your budget, go for it. If your budget is $1000, for example, would you be any less likely to buy a cruise that fits what you want just because it doesn't say it's a sale? You're just creating unnecessary stress for yourself.

Totally agree. I personally think RCL's pricing is most excellent marketing. They are not selling a loaf of bread, a tank of gas, or an electronic device. They're selling vacations. As you said, nothing matters but the bottomline price. If I think it's good to go, I book, if not, I don't. Why some can not comprehend this is strange.

Hilarious the hate that some have for a stupid marketing department. It's not that big of a deal - definitely not one to stress and get angry about.

It's not as if RC is the only one to do it, or even the only industry. A roofing company around here advertises a 50% off sale all year round and every season has a new excuse as to why it is 50% off.

Get over it, and get on with your life.