sunday liquor sales in FLL

mo&fran

local media reports that liquor sales are now allowed Sunday mornings in Fort Lauderdale.

Maybe they have not yet updated their website, but Total Wine in Ft. Lauderdale still lists noon as their opening time on SUnday.

It's about time.

Here in Ohio our local grocery store has all "potent Potables" available after 11am.

I wonder if it is to catch the cruise passengers for that revenue? You know it is.

Thanks for the heads up

Safe travels.

I live on the West Coast of FL so I'm only speaking of my experience. Unfortunately, even though they can now sell alcohol all day on Sunday, the Big liquor stores still don't open until noon.

Then go to Publix.

I live on the West Coast of FL so I'm only speaking of my experience. Unfortunately, even though they can now sell alcohol all day on Sunday, the Big liquor stores still don't open until noon.[/quote

I posted this since a lot of cruisers fly into FLL Sunday morning and want to pick up their carry on wine on the way to the ship.

Publix and many drug stores sell wine also.

Total Wine here in Palm Beach Gardens opens at 9am on Sunday.

Edited by mo&fran

That would be awesome if the stores open early on Sunday. We fly in late on a Saturday night, ... first stop after car pick up is Total Wine. But if our flight is delayed, we could arrive too late. Our worst case, is we drive to Cocoa Beach and wait out store opening before we return the car and transfer to the port.

But if we could get our wine in Orlando Sunday morning that would be awesome.

Bob, please report back if you hear anything on sunday morning opening hours!

The Sunday laws here are county by county or even city.

OP posted about FLL, which would be Broward County.

You'll be in Orange or Osceola, depending where you stay; Cocoa and Pt. C are in Brevard. Have your research assistant check those locales. :)

That would be awesome if the stores open early on Sunday. We fly in late on a Saturday night, ... first stop after car pick up is Total Wine. But if our flight is delayed, we could arrive too late. Our worst case, is we drive to Cocoa Beach and wait out store opening before we return the car and transfer to the port.

i checked a number of other Total Wine stores around Florida and all that i saw were open at 9am. Remember, this issue is not a Florida issue, just a Fort Lauderdale issue.

You'll be in Orange or Osceola, depending where you stay; Cocoa and Pt. C are in Brevard. Have your research assistant check those locales. :)

Yep, Total Wine is open at 9am in Viera, closest store to Cocoa Beach.

i checked a number of other Total Wine stores around Florida and all that i saw were open at 9am. Remember, this issue is not a Florida issue, just a Fort Lauderdale issue.

Thanks, clearly I can't read ;)

I've been stressing about the hours for our Oasis cruise. I SWEAR last time I checked the store near MCO closed at 9PM on Saturday and opened at noon on Sunday. Now I see hours that are completely different. Store closes at 11PM no Saturday, I have plenty of time.

Orlando/Orange County allows retail alcohol sales at 9 a.m. You can purchase at Total Wine or most any grocery store or convenience store.