And Sometimes You Get A Cosmic Message: Upgrade Notice!

TracieABD

Hi Friends-

This is just a little update for all of you who were so supportive when I was trying to "muster the courage" to book my first solo, long cruise...

( this is the thread if you are curious: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2380873).

Well, I booked and IF. Then there was a pretty good price drop- so I re-fared to an IF (though I could have gone to an OV for what an IF originally cost).

Today, I received an email from my TA that said Upgrade Notice! I figured I was assigned an IC or IB-- and I would have been thrilled!

Nope. I was upgraded from the lowest category inside to a BB!!! I am the proud renter of a midship balcony! And it is a true upgrade!

I checked- it is a cabin for two- no bump-outs. It is not connecting. The only concern is that it is right below the pool. Not sure how much chair scraping there will be, but I am an early riser--

I just wanted to share with those of you who have been super encouraging.

I feel like I got a little wink and a nod from my mom today.

:)

Living right!!!!

I was going to tell you that the scraping chairs seem to happen at night as things are tied down and decks scrubbed. Sounds like grand pianos racing back and forth! Sleep well, princess. Well earned!!!!

Magnificent. Enjoy your cruise. No sadness that your mom can't join you. Just happiness knowing she is sitting there on the bed behind you watching you enjoy the waves as they go by from your balcony. Any tears should be tears of joy knowing she is smiling at her baby girl moving forward.

Sometimes it doesn't feel like it but I do believe good things happen to good people. Sometimes we just don't realize what those things are even when they are happening. Happiness thoughts for you.

Hi Friends-

This is just a little update for all of you who were so supportive when I was trying to "muster the courage" to book my first solo, long cruise...

( this is the thread if you are curious: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2380873).

Well, I booked and IF. Then there was a pretty good price drop- so I re-fared to an IF (though I could have gone to an OV for what an IF originally cost).

Today, I received an email from my TA that said Upgrade Notice! I figured I was assigned an IC or IB-- and I would have been thrilled!

Nope. I was upgraded from the lowest category inside to a BB!!! I am the proud renter of a midship balcony! And it is a true upgrade!

I checked- it is a cabin for two- no bump-outs. It is not connecting. The only concern is that it is right below the pool. Not sure how much chair scraping there will be, but I am an early riser--

Fantastic!!! :)

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Hi Friends-

Awesome! Have a wonderful trip!