And Sometimes You Get A Cosmic Message: Upgrade Notice!

TracieABD

Hi Friends-

This is just a little update for all of you who were so supportive when I was trying to "muster the courage" to book my first solo, long cruise...

( this is the thread if you are curious: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2380873).

Well, I booked and IF. Then there was a pretty good price drop- so I re-fared to an IF (though I could have gone to an OV for what an IF originally cost).

Today, I received an email from my TA that said Upgrade Notice! I figured I was assigned an IC or IB-- and I would have been thrilled!

Nope. I was upgraded from the lowest category inside to a BB!!! I am the proud renter of a midship balcony! And it is a true upgrade!

I checked- it is a cabin for two- no bump-outs. It is not connecting. The only concern is that it is right below the pool. Not sure how much chair scraping there will be, but I am an early riser--

I just wanted to share with those of you who have been super encouraging.

I feel like I got a little wink and a nod from my mom today.

:)

So happy that the Good Karma Fairy paid you a visit!!

Congratulations Tracie! I was happy that you booked and even happier that you were able to get an upgrade. This really was meant to be and this is just one more confirmation of that. Looking forward to your live from, especially now that we will be covering some of the same territory a year after you.

Thank you for the really kind messages... There is so much in this trip- and this was the exact confirmation that I needed.

My TA always comments how lucky I am- and I have no explanation for it. I do know that I have a ton of gratitude for so many things, big and small. I work very hard to express that gratitude on a regular basis.

Truth be told, I was really happy to just get to go on this cruise. If I had been in an inside cabin- I would have been cozy. Having a balcony? I will spend time with the sea and enjoy the ship approach her ports of call. The real fact is in either room- inside or balcony- I will have that frisky shower curtain to contend with!:eek:

I really appreciate the support I have on the boards. My land friends just will never get it like my sea friends do...

Thanks, guys-

Tracie-Lynn:):)

Congrats!! I'm sure you'll enjoy the cabin! :)

I had my first "accidental" solo cruise a couple years ago when my friend got very sick just as we boarded the ship and she had to be taken by squad to a local hospital and I went on the cruise by myself. I was in a nice balcony cabin on Celebrity.

But now I have booked my first "purposeful" solo cruise and I was shocked - I got the Emerald deck minisuite with the extra big balcony (E731) by myself for less than they were asking for a balcony cabin! What a steal. Makes it easier to do a solo now. :D

Congrats!! I'm sure you'll enjoy the cabin! :)

I had my first "accidental" solo cruise a couple years ago when my friend got very sick just as we boarded the ship and she had to be taken by squad to a local hospital and I went on the cruise by myself. I was in a nice balcony cabin on Celebrity.

But now I have booked my first "purposeful" solo cruise and I was shocked - I got the Emerald deck minisuite with the extra big balcony (E731) by myself for less than they were asking for a balcony cabin! What a steal. Makes it easier to do a solo now. :D

That is an amazing upgrade!

Thank you for the really kind messages... There is so much in this trip- and this was the exact confirmation that I needed.

My TA always comments how lucky I am- and I have no explanation for it. I do know that I have a ton of gratitude for so many things, big and small. I work very hard to express that gratitude on a regular basis.

Truth be told, I was really happy to just get to go on this cruise. If I had been in an inside cabin- I would have been cozy. Having a balcony? I will spend time with the sea and enjoy the ship approach her ports of call. The real fact is in either room- inside or balcony- I will have that frisky shower curtain to contend with!:eek:

I really appreciate the support I have on the boards. My land friends just will never get it like my sea friends do...

Thanks, guys-

Tracie-Lynn:):)

Maybe the upgrade fairy for Princess was reading your posts and put two and two together and figured out you and your cabin and thought what a wonderful thing to do to a loyal Princess cruiser.

Thank you for that. I really do try to be a positive.

Funny note... The price on the cruise dropped again! But in order to save any money, I would have to go back to an IF- the savings would be just around $200 total. I talked with my husband and he was like, "keep the balcony. You will be very happy in the balcony". I think I will stay put for now--

But, as an aside, if you are looking for a really interesting cruise in Southeast Asia- this cruise is super reasonable. An inside for a 10 day cruise is down to $599. It's a pretty good deal...

Maybe the upgrade fairy for Princess was reading your posts and put two and two together and figured out you and your cabin and thought what a wonderful thing to do to a loyal Princess cruiser.

I sort of hope the Upgrade Fairy hasn't seen all of super snarky posts...:eek: