Alfredo's

deliver42

When we first board either the Royal or Regal, we avoid the masses heading to the buffet, attempting to get on an elevator with their carry-one luggage. Since you'll not doubt board adjacent to Alfredo's, avoid the pushing & shoving and lines; head to Alfredo's for a relaxing lunch.

We have dined there some evenings when we weren't feeling all that hungry. Love the made to order pizza and appetizers.

Darcy

I'm booked on Princess for the first time and have seen a lot of praise for Alfredo's. Is it an extra charge restaurant for lunch and dinner? Thank you for your responses.

It is free, walk in, waiter served, open from 11am to 11pm every day. Alfredo's is only on the Royal, Regal, and Grand*. It will also be on the Majestic when launched next year. Other Princess ships do not have Alfredo's. Almost all of them do have Prego Pizza by the Lido Pool which is Pizza by the slice.

On the Royal & Regal the menu is individual pizzas, antipasto, salads, calzone, desserts. On the Grand believe the menu is not as extensive.

*Alfredo's is also on the Sapphire which is currently under long term charter in the Asian market.

PS, Check out the Pub Lunch, also free, offered on some sea days in the Wheelhouse Bar or Crown Grill depending on the ship.

Edited by sknight

Alfredo's (pizza only like on the Grand) has been offered for lunch in Sabatini's on both the Island and Coral.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you know if Sabatini's is open for lunch on the day of embarkation? Would be so nice to go there for lunch instead of the buffet.

Do you know if Sabatini's is open for lunch on the day of embarkation? Would be so nice to go there for lunch instead of the buffet.

Alfredo's-at-Sabatini's lunch on Coral and Island is offered once or twice a week, similar to Pub Lunch. Do not expect it on embarkation day.

Not on embarkation. I believe Sabatini's is only open for Alfredo pizza lunch on sea days. If you board before 1:00 go to the dining room for lunch. One DR is open between noon and 1:30 for lunch but they might stop seating earlier. The Patter will list the DR that is open but it will probably be the Provence DR on Fiesta deck 6.

Not on embarkation. I believe Sabatini's is only open for Alfredo pizza lunch on sea days. If you board before 1:00 go to the dining room for lunch. One DR is open between noon and 1:30 for lunch but they might stop seating earlier. The Patter will list the DR that is open but it will probably be the Provence DR on Fiesta deck 6.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. We will be sure to watch the Patter for the days that Sabatini's is open for lunch. We don't want to miss trying the Alfredo pizza that so many have raved about on this site.

I just did something dangerous. I thought. And what did I think about? Well, we are going to be on the Ruby in about 7 months. I really think that's more than enough time for Princess to put an Alfredo's on the Ruby!!
Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen. The only other Grand class ship that has space to add Alfredo's on Plaza deck is the Diamond. Other Grand class ships have Vines where Alfredo's is on the Grand and Sapphire and those two ships got a half size Vines with no tapas or sushi. I doubt they would tear out Vines to provide space for Alfredo's even though I like Alfredo's on the Regal and even the pizza only version on the Sapphire and Grand.

I just did something dangerous. I thought. And what did I think about? Well, we are going to be on the Ruby in about 7 months. I really think that's more than enough time for Princess to put an Alfredo's on the Ruby!!

You'll just have to be content with the thought that while it is counter service, the slices of pizza from the stand on the Lido deck of Ruby are still leagues superior to the upcharge pizza on some other lines. ;)

I always see people ordering a pizza apiece but my wife and I find that one pizza shared between us makes a very nice lunch. We are really happy to be able to have Alfredo's pizza as neither of us is even vaguely impressed with the stuff on Lido deck. I'll never understand why people say that is good pizza. Blech... :eek: