Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Exactly. Whatever floats your boat. :D After being on all the other classes of RCI ships, we were surprised that we didn't like Quantum Class. We've decided we like those ships with a Royal Promenade the best.

Quantum doesn't have a Royal Promenade? Ugh.. We love that as it doesn't make us feel claustrophobic at all. :(

Quantum doesn't have a Royal Promenade? Ugh.. We love that as it doesn't make us feel claustrophobic at all. :(

Quantum has a Royal Esplanade, which I believe is only 2 decks high, and not as long as the Royal Promenade.

We loved the Harmony and are booked on the Allure. However, there was just something about the Anthem that was warmer and more inviting. To us, the Esplanade on the Anthem was pretty much the same as the Royal Promenade on the Harmony, just a little smaller.

It does not have the ambiance of the Royal Promenade on other ships, IMO.

I agree...I don't think it feels like the classic RP. It does almost have a more elegant feel, but definitely not the fun, more active place due to the size restrictions.

I cannot get the &$^%@$ photo to upload!!!

A message just appeared on my TV this morning. (I'm on the Anthem)

Alaska 2018 now available for booking.

That must mean we will be able to see it soon! The dates from June 2018 forward are still grayed out on the website. I am waiting for Alaska 2018 right now.

I hope they really are planning to release the itineraries soon, getting ants in my pants over here :p

Every year they begin to release their itineraries on or about the same dates - late February/early March and April. They seem to feel that schedule works out well for them so there is little reason to think it will be any different this year.

I am looking for 2018 Alaska, Trans-Atlantics and Australia to Hawaii Trans-Pacific. Won't be able to do them all, but will book once available and then make my fianl decisions once they are released.

For Alaska I am hoping to book a one-way on RCI and go the other way on Princess or NCL to be able to capture Glacier Bay. I am hoping to coordinate schedules.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Doesn't Royal issue some kind of announcement with a list of itineraries and the expected dates for release? I think that announcement should have been released already based on last years announcement? Maybe Feb. Looking for New England 2018:D again...

Yes, I mentioned that in post 512 above - that should be out within the next couple of weeks.

Oh! I missed that but I'm glad to know it's coming because we make plans based on that info...which is not always accurate but it's close.

Is it normal for Royal to have at least 1 British Isles cruise each summer? I noticed that they had one this year (2016) and there is one scheduled for 2017 but I don't know if this goes back further.

This is our main interest for 2018 but NCL is too early in May (kids aren't out of school yet) and Celebrity and Princess are too expensive. This could just end up being a pipe dream I guess.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Doesn't Royal issue some kind of announcement with a list of itineraries and the expected dates for release? I think that announcement should have been released already based on last years announcement? Maybe Feb. Looking for New England 2018:D again...

They do. This is what they released on Jan 24th of last year. Hopefully we will something similar soon.

143c7e50fbd36d0c24b142eadacf818b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi all and thanks for your info, predictions, and educated guesses. We have only been on 3 cruises so far and have already been able to take advantage of the magic of "opening day". I have a question that I think was mentioned on here; can a person book multiple staterooms on opening day, narrow them down, then throw the rest back into the pond? Would a person have to pay a deposit on each or can we put them on hold? I could call Royal about this but it seems every person there will give a different answer.

Thanks much in advance,

Jeff

p.s., "Hi" Bob, Karen, and any others on here we have cruised with or will be in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk