Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Decisions decisions, so many cruises so little time....lol.

Thanks!

We signed on today for Dubai to FL!

If all goes well, we will do Brilliance TA over to Europe and bring Mariner back to FL

Edited by internetwhiz

We signed on today for Dubai to FL!

If all goes well, we will do Brilliance TA over to Europe and bring Mariner back to FL

Flying into Dubai for my DH is a problem, they have drug restrictions and he needs stuff that they restrict. If we were going to do this one it would have to be from Singapore or not at all.

Your plan sounds great, no long haul flights involved!

Belinda

Just spoke with a RC Agent and the prices she gave me where the same as yours but did not include taxes or port fees.

She also said RC is coming out with a new promotion tomorrow with reduced deposit but would not commit to saying if they would be offering OBC or an upgrade.

We had our TA put a room on hold for us and will wait until tomorrow to see what RCCL's new promotion is.

Perhaps I should hold a room and see what tomorrow brings, would give me time to think over the decision.

If the prices are without the port fees and taxes that makes it a bit less desirable to us though.

Belinda

Perhaps I should hold a room and see what tomorrow brings, would give me time to think over the decision.

If the prices are without the port fees and taxes that makes it a bit less desirable to us though.

Belinda

Yea we kind of feel the same way, so we will wait until tomorrow to see what they offer

Port fees are high on the Dubai to BCN segment. $600 for 2 people, but $100 for both on the Barcelona to FL sailing.

One segment has multiple ports, other only one...

Also my 15 day NCL Bliss threw Panama Canal is $362 per person Port fees so it's pretty typical...

Just spoke with a RC Agent and the prices she gave me where the same as yours but did not include taxes or port fees.

She also said RC is coming out with a new promotion tomorrow with reduced deposit but would not commit to saying if they would be offering OBC or an upgrade.

We had our TA put a room on hold for us and will wait until tomorrow to see what RCCL's new promotion is.

I wanted to booked quickly to get one of the cabins we prefer but those reduced deposits would have been helpful and so would OBC :(

Mindy, are you going? It's just a pipe dream for me, but oh, what an experience!:eek:

I doubt it. For now our spring 2018 bookings are in Asia on Millennium with a Japan circumnavigation to be POSSIBLY followed by TP relo to Vancouver. In 2012 we sailed AOS from SJU to Malaga and switched to Voyager from Barcelona to Dubai to Singapore. We also sailed Legend from Singapore to Dubai in 2013. Bottom line, staying with Millennium offers all new ports. I've got plenty on the books but no idea how many will actually happen. Are you on Radiance soon?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Edited by MindyJohn

I doubt it. For now our spring 2018 bookings are in Asia on Millennium with a Japan circumnavigation to be POSSIBLY followed by TP relo to Vancouver. In 2012 we sailed AOS from SJU to Malaga and switched to Voyager from Barcelona to Dubai to Singapore. We also sailed Legend from Singapore to Dubai in 2013. Bottom line, staying with Millennium offers all new ports. I've got plenty on the books but no idea how many will actually happen.

MindyJohn, I know this is way of topic, but how are you finding the Moto G5Plus? I'm almost at the point of buying one here in the UK to replace a Galaxy S3.

Doug.

Very pleased with it. I'm not familiar with Galaxy 3 so can't compare. I upgraded from a 2nd gen Moto G. New one is very fast with good screen size and great camera.

I doubt it. For now our spring 2018 bookings are in Asia on Millennium with a Japan circumnavigation to be POSSIBLY followed by TP relo to Vancouver. In 2012 we sailed AOS from SJU to Malaga and switched to Voyager from Barcelona to Dubai to Singapore. We also sailed Legend from Singapore to Dubai in 2013. Bottom line, staying with Millennium offers all new ports. I've got plenty on the books but no idea how many will actually happen. Are you on Radiance soon?

You've seen that part of the world then, good! :)

I canceled Radiance last week. :( Pete has ongoing health issues -- long story.

The Millenium Japan circumnavigation with a reposition to Vancouver is exactly what we have booked for April 2018 right now, unless tomorrow brings a promo extra ordinary that is the booking we'll be keeping. See you onboard!

Belinda

You've seen that part of the world then, good! :)

I canceled Radiance last week. :( Pete has ongoing health issues -- long story.

I'm so sorry. And much to my chagrin, I know that drill well. I'm cancelling Vision August WB TA this week :(

The Millenium Japan circumnavigation with a reposition to Vancouver is exactly what we have booked for April 2018 right now, unless tomorrow brings a promo extra ordinary that is the booking we'll be keeping. See you onboard!

Belinda

I hope everything falls into place for this - if so, we will be hanging out together this time next year!

Does anyone know what the GAP ( group amenity points) are for the 3 Mariner cruises Singapore to Miami?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubai to Barcelona and Barcelona to Miami are 4 points each,

Singapore to Dubai not showing up so it may not have any.

mac_tlc

port fees and taxes are 600 on the segment with Suez Canal in it[/quote

Stopping in Aqaba is expensive! We were on the long end of the stick in 2012 on Voyager for the leg between Barcelona and Dubai. Originally there was NOT a stop at Aqaba and our taxes were only $58. Within a few months of opening, the itinerary change was announced and anyone who reserved afterwards had to pay nearly $200 more in taxes, but we were locked in at $58 :D