Switching rooms at check-in

kdc0905

we currently have a RFS (2 adults, 3 children) and an adjoining balcony (2 adults) booked for an upcoming cruise.

from my understanding, rccl allows minors to be in an adjoining room without an adult, so...

is it possible to move the 2 adults in the balcony to the RFS (and 2 of the children to the balcony) at check-in so all adults can enjoy the suite perks?

fyi, the sleeping arrangements would stay as originally planned. please no bashing. thank you!

we currently have a RFS (2 adults, 3 children) and an adjoining balcony (2 adults) booked for an upcoming cruise.

from my understanding, rccl allows minors to be in an adjoining room without an adult, so...

is it possible to move the 2 adults in the balcony to the RFS (and 2 of the children to the balcony) at check-in so all adults can enjoy the suite perks?

fyi, the sleeping arrangements would stay as originally planned. please no bashing. thank you!

Don't do this at checkin...wait until once onboard and request the change at guest services.

So if we do it at GS, they'll take care of it for us? Thank you!

Guest Services would arrange for you to change staterooms by either re-keying the locks or giving you extra keys.

However, they won't give suite perks to guests who are not officially booked in the suite.

Guest Services would arrange for you to change staterooms by either re-keying the locks or giving you extra keys.

However, they won't give suite perks to guests who are not officially booked in the suite.

That's what I needed to know, thank you!

Once you're ON the ship, no one cares who sleeps where. Go to the Customer service desk and get the correct keys for whoever is in which cabin. Not a big deal!

Actually now I understand that it will be a "big deal" and it's the RFS perks...too bad the OP didn't think of how to book this in the beginning...no reason why I believe (but may be wrong) the kids couldn't have been booked in the connecting cabin originally...then all the adults booked in the RFS would have received the perks and the minor kids would have been able to use (accompany) them too (pretty sure).

If they wont let them do this without repricing the room if both switch. Then why not call this week and change one person for each room then wait a couple weeks and call and have the other 2 people changed. They certainly will let the 2 minors in the room as long as its next to the RFS.

If they wont let them do this without repricing the room if both switch. Then why not call this week and change one person for each room then wait a couple weeks and call and have the other 2 people changed. They certainly will let the 2 minors in the room as long as its next to the RFS.

I'm fairly certain that will not work. They will know that when you switch the second time that the guest was the last person remaining on the original reservation.

I'm only saying this as this or similar situations have come up quite often and this has never been presented as an option. If this were to work it would be a huge loophole in their system allowing people to book cruises when they see a cheap price and then try to resell them later for a profit.

Not very likely.

I understand that we can switch keys at GS once we board, my question is will switching keys allow the suite perks to the new guests in the RFS. Seems like the consensus is no, which I understand.

Not a big deal...just thought I'd ask :) we booked under the kids sail free promo which is why we didn't put all adults in the RFS to begin with.

Thank you everyone for your help!

... If this were to work it would be a huge loophole in their system allowing people to book cruises when they see a cheap price and then try to resell them later for a profit.

Yep, we would be seeing cruises for sale on eBay.

Not a big deal...just thought I'd ask :) we booked under the kids sail free promo which is why we didn't put all adults in the RFS to begin with.

"kids sail free" is not always limited to just kids. It usually means any 3rd and 4th, etc, in the cabin.

If the price is still similar for the balcony, and you don't have cancellation fees, I would consider changing the adults into the RFS and the kids into the balcony, so that all the adults get the perks. Minor children will receive the perks along with the adults they are travelling with.

edit* I see you are just past final payment so there would be cancellation fees if you changed both people in the balcony. You could probably switch out one of the names though.

Edited by marci22

"kids sail free" is not always limited to just kids. It usually means any 3rd and 4th, etc, in the cabin.

If the price is still similar for the balcony, and you don't have cancellation fees, I would consider changing the adults into the RFS and the kids into the balcony, so that all the adults get the perks. Minor children will receive the perks along with the adults they are travelling with.

edit* I see you are just past final payment so there would be cancellation fees if you changed both people in the balcony. You could probably switch out one of the names though.

Thank you! This is very helpful! I will call and try. Worst they can say is no.

I'm fairly certain that will not work. They will know that when you switch the second time that the guest was the last person remaining on the original reservation.

I'm only saying this as this or similar situations have come up quite often and this has never been presented as an option. If this were to work it would be a huge loophole in their system allowing people to book cruises when they see a cheap price and then try to resell them later for a profit.

Yep, we would be seeing cruises for sale on eBay.

Hmmm!!! :eek::D