How The Whiners Ruined Dynamic Dining

Merion_Mom

Doing a bit of whining yourself?

The "whining" about Dynamic Dining on Cruise Critic would be so low in percentage of guest numbers that it would be insignificant. There is far greater a chance that it was canceled because it required more staff to be successful.

And for everyone else - a great deal of placing the blame on not being used to it. How about the possibility that people tried it for a week and just didn't like it? Did they have to like it better?

I take exception to whining as being the reason DD failed. There was poor implementation and poor service originally.

IMHO RCI saw this as a cost saving in the MDR. That contributed to under staffing and poor service.

To me it was more than just coincidence that RCI prematurely announced that other ships were converting to DD before they had any feedback about the experienced on Quantum. I think to get service back to acceptable levels the additional staff eliminated the forecast savings.

On our cruise people were walking out of the MDR because service was so bad. One example of many when we got Lobster we had to use table butter packets on our lobster because we could not get a sever to bring us melted butter. As a result of consistently bad service we ate more evening meals in the Windjammer than the MDR . It wasn;t due to a dislike of DD but a dislike of bad service. Again I think in order to fix the service problem they had to add staff and eliminate the cost savings.

I take exception to whining as being the reason DD failed. There was poor implementation and poor service originally.

We were on the Anthem's inaugural TA in November 2015. While I had no problem with the concept of DD, and I can't say that complaining about DD led to its demise, I totally agree that its implementation, at least on that cruise, was awful. The MDRs were terribly understaffed, and I don't think we've ever experienced such poor service on a cruise. Some servers had no idea what they were doing, and even when they did, took far too long to do it. (The food was pretty mediocre as well, but that's a different issue.)

Some servers had no idea what they were doing, and even when they did, took far too long to do it.

The imposition of the tablets to manage orders was probably one of the stumbling blocks - on the Quantum TA, some servers went back to good ole paper/pen by the third day.