How The Whiners Ruined Dynamic Dining

Merion_Mom

We loved Dynamic Dining on the Quantum and the Anthem.

Great choices on food and ambiance. Those ships were designed for that concept.

I am glad we had the chance (three cruises) to enjoy this.

There were people cruising (and some who never even tried it) who complained loudly - Too bad - it was innovative.

On the other ships where they redid the look of the dining areas never could work the menu choice options - technical problems - so it was scrapped before even implemented.

After trying both I can firmly say I am very happy they went back to my time and traditional. The service and quality of food was evident during our October cruise on Anthem with Dynamic Dining. Our last Anthem cruise this past February was one of the best if not the best I have ever experienced in terms of service and food in the main dining rooms.

Edited by Moltar

DD is gone. Move on and just let it go.

For now. With the numbers of MTDers going up (last year CEO said it was at 40% and climbing) and customers going away from traditional dining and dress, some form of DD will likely make a come back.

Are people choosing, or being forced into My Time? I book a year out and am told there's no main seating so my "choices" are MyTime or late seating. I've always asked for late and to be waitlisted for early, and have always gotten early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are people choosing, or being forced into My Time? I book a year out and am told there's no main seating so my "choices" are MyTime or late seating. I've always asked for late and to be waitlisted for early, and have always gotten early

It does seem that it's getting harder and harder to get tradtional dining well in advance.

The times offered on early and late dining on recent cruises and future cruises just is not working for DH and me... early is too early. late is too late. which is why we have of recent been opting for MTD - and pre-reserving our time.

We were only able to get late traditional seating for our upcoming Anthem cruise. Both early and MTD were "closed", meaning no wait lists. We are hoping to change to early, or MTD with a standing early reservation, once we are onboard.

We are from Australia and DD was removed before Ovation arrived late last year.We would have loved to have tried it but .... RCI would have had a lot of complaints because Australians are not used to booking things in advance, in fact some of them aren't even aware of the need to book shows or activities in advance. There was a lot of complaints about not being able to do North Star, iFLY and other activities because they DID NOT know they had to book in advance through the cruise planner. There was also an issue with formal nights which were labelled "dress to impress" nights and the majority of passengers didn't even bother to dress up, I often saw people in the MDR at night wearing thongs which was accepted. Overall, the staff on Ovation had to accept this because they had enough problems dealing with people who didn't know they had to book things and most nights the line for MTD was very long.

This is not a criticism, just observations of the Australian market.