How The Whiners Ruined Dynamic Dining

Merion_Mom

Thanks, so a nice concept but logistically they coukd not pull it off I reckon.

Logistics coupled so many new menu items that just didn't take off. I think it's a great concept for new cruisers or those used to other styles of vacations, but for seasoned cruisers or those who are creatures of habit it just didn't work. While the menus appealed to me, the level of pre-planning many people had to do would have been a huge turn off to me. In theory you could walk up to any restaurant at any time, but in practice many people reported trying that and ending up in the Windjammer. Interestingly the Windjammer was advertised originally as 24 hour venue and having breakfast items 24 hours a day as well. I don't know if that ever was the case in practice. Royal does a good job with different theme nights in the WJ, but the 9:00PM closing time is a total joke compared to other lines (IMO). I think later times in the WJ could have eased some of the logistical issues.

It will be interesting to read reviews a year from now and see how the new format has been accepted.

I understand why it would be expensive to have WJ open 24 hours, but I would love if it was open 5am-midnight :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agreed. The windjammer isn't open long enough for a ship of that size.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I understand why it would be expensive to have WJ open 24 hours, but I would love if it was open 5am-midnight :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Even if they just had a portion of it open, with snack type food or dessert, like they do on Princess.

Even if they just had a portion of it open, with snack type food or dessert, like they do on Princess.

We were on anthem when she sailed her maiden season from Southampton and at that stage there was a small part of windjammer open late - I remember getting pizza , hotdogs , fries etc around midnight. Not sure when this stopped.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
We were on anthem when she sailed her maiden season from Southampton and at that stage there was a small part of windjammer open late - I remember getting pizza , hotdogs , fries etc around midnight. Not sure when this stopped.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When I was on Quantum the WJ, when it was opened late at night, was empty. I'm guessing that's why they stopped it. I do agree that it could be open later than 9pm. I also wish it was opened later than 3pm for lunch. There should be one station opened later, especially on port days. I miss the WJ on Explorer when it was opened later in the afternoon for snacks.

I was also very sorry to see Dynamic Dining end. I never had a problem on 3 Quantum sailings and 4 Anthem sailings before it ended. Loved being able to go to different restaurants with different menus.

When I was on Quantum the WJ, when it was opened late at night, was empty. I'm guessing that's why they stopped it. I do agree that it could be open later than 9pm. I also wish it was opened later than 3pm for lunch. There should be one station opened later, especially on port days. I miss the WJ on Explorer when it was opened later in the afternoon for snacks.

I was also very sorry to see Dynamic Dining end. I never had a problem on 3 Quantum sailings and 4 Anthem sailings before it ended. Loved being able to go to different restaurants with different menus.

I actually enjoyed the different restaurants too. It was just that booking thing that riled most people.

They introduced DD classic when I went on, and tbh, it worked really well apart from the food coming out a bit cold. But after the waiter asked us about things, we told him and then they came out piping hot 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

for us the concept was good,

but...

generally the food was awful and the service was the worst we have ever had ( Anthem first season in UK) and we are not big on service coming from the UK

The food wasn't awful, just a bit tepid. However, one meal I had in American idol was dreadful ......... the rest were of reasonable standard.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

"The whiners" myself as one of the key protagonists, saved traditional dining feet-wide!

For that alone, I/we deserve a standing ovation!!

Dynamic Dining was only available on Anthem when the whining started and it was changed to Traditional Dining in November of 2016. Oasis class scrubbed it before it even went into service. So Dynamic Dining was really never a "fleet wide" threat.

This thing has been kicked around, regurgitated.

Bottom line is, RCL listened to the majority of the people and they simply didn't like DD.

And that's the end of the story.

They did not listen to the majority, they listened to the loudest. We loved dynamic dining and never had

a problem with it. May have had to wait awhile but it is very rare the we do not have to wait when we go out to eat at home.

We were on the Quantum with DD. Our dining experience was terrible. The problem was not with the new concept it was with the terrible service we and others on board experienced.

Either there was not enough help or there was not enough quality training.

The roll out was just poorly executed and resulted in many bad ratings for the DD process.

My uninformed opinion is that RCCL envisioned this as being a cost saving change. And that is why they prematurely announced they were rolling it out on other ships. In order to get service level back up there was no savings or possibly more expense. Thus they abandon the process due to passengers dissatisfaction.

This thing has been kicked around, regurgitated.

Bottom line is, RCL listened to the majority of the people and they simply didn't like DD.

And that's the end of the story.

I agree that it was the loudest that were listened too. We loved it and appreciated the variety and change from traditional.