How The Whiners Ruined Dynamic Dining

Merion_Mom

everything a cruise lines does has a financial implication and i would guess it would include this. If it was someway influencing the bottom line, upward, it would still be there.

It's gone, get over it and move on.

^^+1

Everything a cruise lines does has a financial implication and I would guess it would include this. If it was someway influencing the bottom line, upward, it would still be there.

I loved DD and it cost Royal millions to design the 4 restaurants. It was a good concept. I wish they had given it more of a chance.:loudcry:

I loved DD and it cost Royal millions to design the 4 restaurants. It was a good concept. I wish they had given it more of a chance.:loudcry:

Me too. I've sailed 11 times on Quantum and Anthem and never had a problem with the dining. They should have never combined traditional rotation dining with the Dynamic Dining. I really believe that is what made a small getting use to into a big problem. They should have left it as it was originally intended, and the kinks would have worked out.

Anthem had it for about 1.5 years.

Anthem didn't have it for 1.5 years. The original concept of Dynamic Dining was changed when they added the classic option when the ship came to Bayonne. I really believe that is what messed up DD, they should have kept it as it was originally intended. DD was completely eliminated in November 2016.

Never got to try it. For those that did, do you think it was more the concept or the execution that killed it? I suspect that a lot of folks like the old school way of dining to begin with, so when the execution of DD wasn't there, there was plenty of ammo to go at it. You have to wonder if the crew wasn't really into it either and that had something to do with the failed execution.

everything a cruise lines does has a financial implication and i would guess it would include this. If it was someway influencing the bottom line, upward, it would still be there.

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Never got to try it. For those that did, do you think it was more the concept or the execution that killed it? I suspect that a lot of folks like the old school way of dining to begin with, so when the execution of DD wasn't there, there was plenty of ammo to go at it. You have to wonder if the crew wasn't really into it either and that had something to do with the failed execution.

I think part of the problem was with the crew. With changing dining rooms every night with different waiters, they were missing out on the last night additional tips.

I think part of the problem was with the crew. With changing dining rooms every night with different waiters, they were missing out on the last night additional tips.

That makes a ton of sense and something you would think RC would have thought out, but I've been in board meetings at corporate(another company) before and I know that thought never crossed their mind.

Anthem didn't have it for 1.5 years. The original concept of Dynamic Dining was changed when they added the classic option when the ship came to Bayonne. I really believe that is what messed up DD, they should have kept it as it was originally intended. DD was completely eliminated in November 2016.

So what would you call the dining system before Nov 2016 on Anthem?

Mishmash Dining. A combination of DD, traditional, rotational, MTD.

Well then get ready for some more mishmash, cause eventually I think that's where RCI is heading, but of course with a good name from the marketing folks.

Well then get ready for some more mishmash, cause eventually I think that's where RCI is heading, but of course with a good name from the marketing folks.

Actually, a form of DD has existed since Quantum and has continued to exists through to today today....

It's called 4 and 5 night dining packages, and most recently The Ultimate Dining Package.

Apparently it didn't suck for everyone. I was hoping to try it some day, but now won't be able to.

Read my reviews... note how I split up MDR, specialty venues, Windjammer, etc ... I've had awesome success doing so. I've done my own version of Dynamic Dining since my Quantum Sailing, very easy to do and extremely rewarding!

Actually, a form of DD has existed since Quantum and has continued to exists through to today today....

It's called 4 and 5 night dining packages, and most recently The Ultimate Dining Package.

And when did they become complimentary? I didn't get the memo.

Not the same at all. DD was free dining. You chose the restaurant and each restaurant had it's own menu that changed every 3 nights. Pay restaurants don't change their menus at all.

If you consider pay restaurants the same as DD, then it's been on all the ships for decades. Just not the same as DD.

Not the same at all. DD was free dining. You chose the restaurant and each restaurant had it's own menu that changed every 3 nights. Pay restaurants don't change their menus at all.

If you consider pay restaurants the same as DD, then it's been on all the ships for decades. Just not the same as DD.

"A form of DD....."

Extremely important part of my quote that seems to have been missed.

Did Quantum only have it prior to its permanent re-position?

It would have been about the same time frame.

It's gone and some will mourn or still mourn?

No, it kept it until at least the same time as the others.

As Quantum wasn't part of the same cancellation announcement as Ovation and Anthem, it's not clear whether it remains there now.