Lost Iphone

Panger

We left items on RCCI (50th birthday gifts); RCCI were not helpful (despite appeals one hour after leaving ship); the items were never retrieved. We want to help a lost iPhone owner; we have searched advice from many sources and now hoping that perhaps this site may reveal someone who has lost an iPhone.

We left items on RCCI (50th birthday gifts); RCCI were not helpful (despite appeals one hour after leaving ship); the items were never retrieved. We want to help a lost iPhone owner; we have searched advice from many sources and now hoping that perhaps this site may reveal someone who has lost an iPhone.

I still don't understand what you are saying, so I hope this addresses what I think you might be saying.

If you have found an iphone, I would turn it into guest services. If you have taken it off the ship, I would go to an Apple store and see if they can try to find the person.

If you have lost a phone on a ship, contact guest services if you are still on the ship, or call lost and found if you are off the ship.

Sadly, Apple will not return the phone to its owner (this was our first port of call). Some info; you can use the "health" services app to give information about your phone to any finder (which they can see without using the four digit number). We have now fixed this on our phones; a contact number will now appear. Very sadly, we have no confidence in GS making any effort to return items to guests. Therefore, we are using all of our resources to find the owner of an iPhone.

It sounds like you found an iPhone on board and are trying to personally locate its owner because you don't have confidence in Guest Services.

That is not a good reason to bypass Guest Services, because that is where the owner will go to retrieve it.

Sadly, Apple will not return the phone to its owner (this was our first port of call). Some info; you can use the "health" services app to give information about your phone to any finder (which they can see without using the four digit number). We have now fixed this on our phones; a contact number will now appear. Very sadly, we have no confidence in GS making any effort to return items to guests. Therefore, we are using all of our resources to find the owner of an iPhone.

Although that's very kind of you, the owners will more than likely contact RCCL to inquire about their lost phone. If it makes you feel any more confident, my son lost his tablet on our cruise several weeks ago. It was turned into guest services and he did get it back.

While you are to be applauded for trying to find the owner, you really need to turn it in to GS asap. The owner might be trying to locate it and that's the first place they will try. You can't simply take it. Only a small percentage of the cruising population are on these boards and you haven't even mentioned a ship.

Why would someone not turn the found iPhone immediately to Guest Services? You should easily be able to determine the number for the phone...

It may be locked, most likely... just turn it in.... and post on the ships CC page as well as Roll Call

Edited by troykahack

The best advice for handling phones, when you go to your cabin the first time, turn your phone off and put it into your empty suitcase. On the night before your cruise ends, start packing and put your phone with your passport. In the morning, you may turn your phone on, but be sure and take it with you when you debark your cruise. This will prepare you for a wonderful, relaxing cruise. Bon Voyage!

If RCCL is anything like their sister company (Celebrity) I left a winter coat along with my keys in my cabin when I got off the ship and when I contacted them about 30 minutes after I disembarked they told me it would go right to charity and I had no hope of getting it back... So I am not surprised they don't have any faith in the people getting their phone back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I left my iPhone next to the computer I was using to print out my boarding pass while on a RCI ship. Someone found it, turned it into Guest Services and I retrieved it about an hour later! I was very relieved. GS brought out all 3 of the iPhones that were in lost and found. I just had to plug in my password to prove which one was mine.

I tend to leave my stuff behind. :o Reminds me of the story where I left my iPad in a cab in Fort Lauderdale and about an hour later after a phone call, my cab driver and I met up outside the airport where he gave me my iPad and I gave him a hug and a big tip! That time, we used a credit card in the cab. I was able to use the previously lost iPhone to track the credit card payment to a specific cab company and dispatch was able to track down the specific cab by the charge time stamp. I'd have been out of luck if the person that found my iPad in the back seat of the cab kept it in hopes of returning it to me themselves instead of handing it over to the cab driver.

Then there's the story where Southwest LOST my luggage. . . twice.

Edited by CruiseKeeper