Tuscan Grille Infinity

hcat

Thanks... for posting...

Can't quite make out all the prices but i think they would come out higher than the $45 pp and discounts now offered if you got an appetizer to share, salad, dinner and dessert.

Guess we'll pass next month on Infinity if they continue a la carte...More nights at BLU and room servce instead!

Let me know if these links work. The pictures aren't complete clear but likely big enough to make out most of the pricing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49jalG2fIJgYnkyNkptcU9zRTg/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49jalG2fIJgRVh1Q3FnZW5ON2M/view?usp=sharing

Thanks...now that I see the prices more clearly it is as I suspected. We will not pay these prices if they go a la carte...esp for a mid level specialty restaurant,

Guess the folks who get the dining packages, suite perks ( ?) and newbies will love the concept along with Sushi on 5...We'll be happy in BLU for now.

So, one of my suite perks is two free specialty restaurant meals. No clue how that works with a la carte pricing. And, frankly, I'm not impressed with the menu anyway. I assume the food will be better in Luminae.

MSC Yacht Club is calling. Lots of other options out there.

Linda

The free specialty restaurants are not included anymore with c/s and lower anymore. Believe it was any cruise booked after Jan 1/2016 and if before it will be honoured.

Guess we won't know if they continue this on Infinity til we board next month..

Is Q sine a la carte,? Not that appealing esp for just two of us, but not many options remain for something diff on a few nights. We pay for BLU in our fare and usually go out 1 or 2 nights to Specialty.. .and previously for lunch at Bistro...Not looking good going forward.....

Edited by hcat

You could easily eat here for less than $45 which will likely drive more traffic and cut down on over ordering and food waste. I have purchased the five night package for an upcoming cruise and I will be doing a five course meal here, if not six, with the fillet. flame away but if I was paying a la carte I would not order this much and would likely skip the meat entre and just get pasta.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We eat plenty of very good pasta at home....not really a treat or anything special on a cruise...but I guess some will go for that or a soup and salad...and then X will set a minimum!

No flames...just another Celebrity let down!

Edited by hcat

a la carte pricing is another nail in the coffin for me.

On our recent Cruise we ate in Murano twice, lawn grill and sushi on 5.

I loved Murano, it was nice to know what ever you wanted to eat /drink it was all included in the price ( even the cheese board ). So there was no need to watch prices or keep a running tab in your head.

In sushi on 5 you could say we skimped a bit ( starter and mains but only one noodle dish and one puddling between 2 ) but it was still our second most expensive meal on the boat at 67$

The most expensive meal was one trip to Murano ( with just 30% off, previously we had got 40%) We ate all the courses, including a cheese course, and it only cost 3$ more than sushi on 5. We considered that much better value and a nicer experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Going on Infinity soon... This new menu looks like a downgrade and the ala carte pricing is a terrible idea! No fun at all! That's why I eat at these places... To try and share new things and not worry about penny pinching.

Anyhow, is there any way to eat there for one fixed price?

Also, can they make a custom meal (like plain old spaghetti and meatballs?) Thanks!

Sailed on Connie (Infinity's sister ship) in Feb. Ate at Tuscan Grille, and found it mediocre. Enjoyed Murano, ate there twice. Sailing again in Dec. on Eclipse and not planning to visit Tuscan. We thought it not worth the discounted price, and certainly won't pay ala carte prices for food that IMHO is no better than MDR. Service was only marginally better than MDR. Not worth it to us, but everyone's different.

We will be on the Infinity in December and thought at least 2 meals were included with all suites.

So if 2 wanted to share a meal with a bottle of wine one evening, is that allowed? Can't eat that much food with wine.

Lol. Always an angle

If there is one person, that's one meal. 2 people is two meals. You can order as much or little as you like, if your still eligible for a free specialty dinner. Not all suites / bookings are eligible and it will depend on when you booked and what type of suite. If you booked before Jan 1, 2016 you should get free specialty dining regardless of the suite. If your in a Royal or Penthouse you would have unlimited specialty dining regardless of when you booked. If you don't have a free specialty dinner and it's a la carte you're ahead as you only pay for what you order if they stay with a la Carte pricing.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Onboard Infinity now.

A la carte was just for the last sailing (C** C** Presidents cruise).

Tuscan was fully booked so they figured they could charge more !!!

Back to fixed price now (except for a few premium steaks):)

Glad to hear it...thanks for the update. Hope it stays that way for next few weeks,

We will definity try it if fixed price,.,!