New Celebrity offer from American Express!

cadburysmom

Let us know if she gets the offer added. No offer here yet, but going to give Amex a call as well. It's worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Let us know if you have any luck. I do not find any offer in my online account. I have an Everyday Blue Card. Wonder if anyone has found it for that...I guess you get what you pay for as we don't pay an annual fee.

The rep who chatted would only say you have the offers that are listed which in my opinion weren't so hot...at least not for anything I wanted to purchase.

Talked to a Platinum rep yesterday who, after much digging and checking while I held on, came back to say this is a targeted offer. She couldn't tell me which of the types of Amex cards might get the offer, but the offer is being extended to various card holders sporadically through the end of October. She suggested I check my offers every few days right up until the 10/31 promotion end.

Edited by tnfcruise

Let us know if you have any luck. I do not find any offer in my online account. I have an Everyday Blue Card. Wonder if anyone has found it for that...I guess you get what you pay for as we don't pay an annual fee.

The rep who chatted would only say you have the offers that are listed which in my opinion weren't so hot...at least not for anything I wanted to purchase.

I have the same card and received the offer. I think it's targeted based on purchase history more than type of card.

Did you check the travel only offers on your card(s)?

You shouldn't need to do this - as all offers appear by default. you do have to click on the "show more offers" at that bottom to see the full complement.

Choosing the categories only remove other offers from view, they don't make any new ones appear.

There really is no rhyme or reason (at least from our POV, hopefully AMEX has one) as to who gets what offers. I've not gotten offers for Royal Caribbean when others have mentioned them in the past, yet I did get the latest.

Edited by Bocker3

Thank you for this info. I am fairly new to Amex but did manage to find the offer!

You shouldn't need to do this - as all offers appear by default. you do have to click on the "show more offers" at that bottom to see the full complement.

Choosing the categories only remove other offers from view, they don't make any new ones appear.

There really is no rhyme or reason (at least from our POV, hopefully AMEX has one) as to who gets what offers. I've not gotten offers for Royal Caribbean when others have mentioned them in the past, yet I did get the latest.

Talked to a Platinum rep yesterday who, after much digging and checking while I held on, came back to say this is a targeted offer. She couldn't tell me which of the types of Amex cards might get the offer, but the offer is being extended to various card holders sporadically through the end of October. She suggested I check my offers every few days right up until the 10/31 promotion end.

Do not have the offer on my Platinum card.

Just called Amex and spoke to two different reps (the first was accidentally disconnected while trying to transfer me to a second) and got slightly different stories - apparently Celebrity isn't the only one with this problem.

The first rep called another department who said that I was eligible and that I should already be seeing the offer on my account. She asked me to double check and when I confirmed it wasn't there she tried to transfer both of us to another dept (only I made it through).

The second rep, who was from the offers department, looked at my account and said that I was scheduled to receive the offer but it wasn't showing up yet. She said that this has been a very popular offer (she must not know about the Cruise Critic effect) and they are continuing to roll it out to more and more people. She said to keep checking every few days and it will appear for me.

As tnfcruise pointed out, this is a targeted offer, so no guarantee it will appear for everyone, but I just wanted to provide a little more info and echo the recommendation to keep checking. Just because it isn't there now doesn't mean it won't be there soon.

I will report back when (if?) it appears for me.

Thanks to cadburysmom for posting!

I am past final payment but would l like to charge the $500.00 and get the $150.00 OBC. I'm going to be going on a transatlantic cruise and I plan on purchasing the unlimited internet package for the cruise but I was going to wait until I got onboard to purchase it because I can then get the Elite discount. My question is, if I purchase the unlimited internet now, can I cancel the purchase when I board the ship and get an OBC? I know I can purchase shore excursions online and cancel them when you get onboard and get the full credit, I've done it in the past, but never booked the internet in advance.

I am past final payment but would l like to charge the $500.00 and get the $150.00 OBC. I'm going to be going on a transatlantic cruise and I plan on purchasing the unlimited internet package for the cruise but I was going to wait until I got onboard to purchase it because I can then get the Elite discount. My question is, if I purchase the unlimited internet now, can I cancel the purchase when I board the ship and get an OBC? I know I can purchase shore excursions online and cancel them when you get onboard and get the full credit, I've done it in the past, but never booked the internet in advance.

I don't know if internet is refundable, but since shore ex are, you could book those and cancel onboard, get the OBC and use it toward your discounted internet package.

Slightly annoyed. I checked my AMEX offers on Monday before making final payment and there was no Celebrity offer on my Platinium card. I just missed it. My final was due 9/14 and the offer began 9/15. Oh well.......

That means you'll just need to plan another cruise, and fast :-)

I don't know if internet is refundable, but since shore ex are, you could book those and cancel onboard, get the OBC and use it toward your discounted internet package.
If I do that but don't use all the OBC left over from canceling the shore excursions, will it be credited to the credit card on file for the cruise(Visa, for example) as opposed to going back to original form of payment(Amex)?

...one other question: If you don't use all OBC from travel agent, is this credited back to the credit card you put on file with Celebrity or do you just lose it?

Thanks!

Edited by red919

I believe the offers are totally random. It should up under my Platinum card but not my Delta Skymiles.

Does anyone know if this offer is good for the Delta Skymiles cards ? Did not show in my account as an offer.

Thanks,

Eaglewar

• 4 weeks later...

Reminder for those who have AMEX cards to check their offers. This offer expires tomorrow. I made my deposit literally an hour before I saw the offer, tried to add it, but that didn't work. So, I made another $500 deposit on Friday and got an email instantly that the $150 statement credit would be posted to my account.

This is a deal that can't be beat!

We've been checking both of our AMEX cards daily since I first saw this post. So far no X, but have had offers for:

Oceania

Seaborn

Carnival

Holland America

Cunard

Princess

Of course we currently have several X cruises scheduled!

If I do that but don't use all the OBC left over from canceling the shore excursions, will it be credited to the credit card on file for the cruise(Visa, for example) as opposed to going back to original form of payment(Amex)?

...one other question: If you don't use all OBC from travel agent, is this credited back to the credit card you put on file with Celebrity or do you just lose it?

Thanks!

I suggest that you use all the OBC while onboard unless it goes back onto a Visa or MC. You will chance losing the statement credit if you it goes back onto your Amex card.

The offer doesn't show up on my Plat card :(

From what I have heard, this offer is not available on the Platinum cards. Sorry :(

For other posters, I have read that many have seen this offer on their Delta SkyMiles card. It is a random sample of people that are chosen to receive the offer, though. I called once a long time ago and asked how recipients were chosen....he told me that it was those that used their cards a lot for payments to that specific cruiseline. He looked up my history and was surprised I didn't get that offer on Princess because I used that card a LOT. From then on, I have gotten all the cruiseline offers ... but like I said, not until I requested it, though. Also, from what I have read, they don't let you request that these be added any longer. But... this is the way I look at it ... doesn't hurt to call and ask why your account may have been overlooked. We cruise a lot and in the last year, I have been able to save almost $800 ... and we only have one Amex card. Some with more than one account must be really raking it in.

I paid $600 toward one of my existing cruises on 10/22 using my AMEX Blue Card. I rec'd the $150 credit on 10/25 [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I made a payment last week before we left for vacation. Statement credit is there. 👏 👏.

Works for me.

Carol

I made a payment last week before we left for vacation. Statement credit is there. 👏 👏.

Works for me.

Carol

Annoyed that with the 500k amex points I have, because I use it for all my work travel, and loyal as heck to amex for years - didn't get the offer.

Annoyed that with the 500k amex points I have, because I use it for all my work travel, and loyal as heck to amex for years - didn't get the offer.

I would be too!

I liked getting this because it was money I was going to spend any way. Just a little earlier.

Carol