New Celebrity offer from American Express!

cadburysmom

Thank you so much for posting this. I never knew this was available and I have had my American Express for a long time. I feel foolish now for never looking before.

Is the $150.00 but given as a credit on your American Express?

Thanks again.

Karen

Karen, you are not alone! I have had my AMEX for many years and never knew it either! Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I'll put $500 on my cruise for next May! Wanda

Thank you so much for posting this. I never knew this was available and I have had my American Express for a long time. I feel foolish now for never looking before.

Is the $150.00 but given as a credit on your American Express?

Thanks again.

Karen

Yes, it is a credit. You can only see them online or if you have the AMEX app on your mobile. There is a section of offers. You have too check them often, I do that once a week as they change. They have offers for credit and for doubles points, etc. They are one of the reasons I've keep an AMEX card. If you have one with an annual fee helps pay for the fee. They have had offers on Royal Caribbean, Hilton Hotels, West Elm and Amazon for example.

Edited by Charles4515

They don't take Amex in the store but I think they still might for travel.

TRY - what do you have to lose?

If it is the warehouse I'm thinking about, it does not accept Amex for travel either. When we booked thru them, I tried to make my deposit using Amex, and they told me they did not accept Amex. I'm going to call Celebrity this morning and see if I can make a payment toward my cruise directly thru them.

Is there a promotion code for this offer? I called AE just now and she said she needed the promotion code to see if we were eligible for the $150.00 credit.

Thanks in advance.

Phyllis

Log onto your account online for the offers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a promotion code for this offer? I called AE just now and she said she needed the promotion code to see if we were eligible for the $150.00 credit.

Thanks in advance.

Phyllis

No promo code. You need to log in to your American Express account through their website. Then if you scroll down, you will see a section labeled "Offers." See if the Celebrity offer is listed there. If so, click the button labeled "Add to Card." Once that is done, you have loaded the offer to your card. Then charge $500 on Celebrity (see the terms of the offer for exclusions) and you get a $150 statement credit.

Thanks for nothing :mad:

Yes, I am stalking you :p

Ps. Not valid for Canadians :(

Do Canadians get offers because my DH has the Platinum card and I have a Gold card. The only offers we ever get is to buy concert tickets.

Certainly wish they had it for Canadians as we just made final payment on two cruises with our Amex.

So sorry, Coldweathergirl and of course my favorite Canadian CC Stalker;), that this offer wasn't extended to you...hopefully, Amex will soon include our fine neighbors to the north...

BUT...for those south of the border....

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME!!:D:D

Edited by cadburysmom

That would not make me happy! Hopefully they will have the offer again so you can apply it to another cruise..

Slightly annoyed. I checked my AMEX offers on Monday before making final payment and there was no Celebrity offer on my Platinium card. I just missed it. My final was due 9/14 and the offer began 9/15. Oh well.......

I haven't received the offer on my gold card. And I'm past final payment on my upcoming cruise, so it wouldn't do me any good anyway.

Well, this won't help you, but if anyone else DOES have the offer and have already made final payment, you could always book an excursion (or two) totaling $500 or more. You can then cancel them when you get onboard, which should be returned to you as an OBC. So, AMEX won't know that your "returned" your purchase. Presto - free $150 for you! :cool:

Mike

Well, this won't help you, but if anyone else DOES have the offer and have already made final payment, you could always book an excursion (or two) totaling $500 or more. You can then cancel them when you get onboard, which should be returned to you as an OBC. So, AMEX won't know that your "returned" your purchase. Presto - free $150 for you! :cool:

No kidding, what a great idea! Are cancellations always refunded as OBC if cancelled after the cruise is underway?

Mike

I suppose that might work but it does not sound ethical to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The offer is only good for reservations. It won't be honored for excursions

Mike

Edited by awhcruiser

Unfortunately this was not on any of my AMEX cards, but I ended up signing up for the Blue card and am enrolled. This actually works out well for me as I was ready to drop the SPG AMEX when the annual fee was approaching.

Thanks OP,

Kevin

Hi Keith,

Did you sign up for the blue card preferred which has a $95.00 fee or the reg. blue card? Not sure if you can get the $150 credit with the card without the fee.

The offer is only good for reservations. It won't be honored for excursions

I believe you are wrong and post #46 would seem to show that excursions can work on this.

Anyway - one should know almost instantly if a purchase makes the offer - as an email (and mobile app notification, if you have it) come right after. If you don't see your statement credit online within a week (I've never had one take more than 3 days), you can cancel and have the charge credited.

For the record, I use these offers all the time. I have never not had one gone through and for most of the store and restaurant offers, I simply buy a gift card. Now this offer specifically says it excludes gift cards, so I probably wouldn't try that, but I bet it would work anyway.

Mike

I called my TA this morning and have an updated booking form from her showing the $500 payment and an email from Amex telling me I'll get the $150.

Also my husband got the offer on his card and we got both emails for his offer, too.

We put each $500 on a different cruise so there'd be no problem.

I am one happy camper!!! :D

Edited by chamima