New Celebrity offer from American Express!

cadburysmom

My DH & I have a joint account but separate card #'s and log ins with American Express. The offer showed on my card but not his. I don't know if that's because I already loaded it to my card but there was another offer that I loaded yesterday that did show up on his log in.

There's no rhyme or reason (to me ) of who got it and who didn't.

We are in your same situation.

I got it , loaded it in and told my husband to check and he got it on his card also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This may be a targeted offer based on location. I'm in California and checked several of our cards and no dice on the Celebrity offer. Only see the $80 off of a $500 purchase if booking through Amex's own travel site. I did see a spend $1000 on Virgin Atlantic and get $200 back so it may take that offer up =) Thanks for the heads up and I'll keep checking before the expiration date.

We got that Virgin Atlantic offer also.

Great offer but Virgin Atlantic doesn't fly to Michigan. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the offers are completely random. I have used many, but right now I have about 60 that are completely useless to me. Worst one is Aerolineas Argentinas.

Hey...maybe time to book a cruise to South America?

Now that is a great idea. The Infinity does the run from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Valparaiso (near Santiago), Chile and reverse. A truly outstanding cruise. The local wines onboard are very good too. No regrets.

Maadimom, sounds as if we had similar experience with chat person from Amex. My guy denied the offer existed, saying it was thru cruise critic. Now I know he didn't know what that is even as I had to tell him. Then he said he spoke with his supervisor and also no luck there. I kept suggesting he read the (by then three pages) thread before he blew me off. Of course I was not that blunt. Anyway, our chat was interrupted as I had to take a call from dr office. I will continue to follow up on this before deadline. Maybe it is not for my card which is platinum? Still, worth the effort. Especially if both I and my DH can use our individual cards. Thanks to original poster for the heads up. I know from past experience that if you keep checking a website, savings can be found!

Just did a Live Chat with Amex.

After much back & forth, including their repeated insistence that it must a third party offer, I was finally told to check back in 48 hours because it probably wasn't yet loaded into their system. I told them the offer started 2 days ago. The answer was it takes more than 48 hours to upload to their system. To check back later or tomorrow.

Then Amex asked me to answer 25 questions about "my experience" with them on Live Chat. Told them to check back in 48 hours when I've downloaded the information.

Maadimom, sounds as if we had similar experience with chat person from Amex. My guy denied the offer existed, saying it was thru cruise critic. Now I know he didn't know what that is even as I had to tell him. Then he said he spoke with his supervisor and also no luck there. I kept suggesting he read the (by then three pages) thread before he blew me off. Of course I was not that blunt. Anyway, our chat was interrupted as I had to take a call from dr office. I will continue to follow up on this before deadline. Maybe it is not for my card which is platinum? Still, worth the effort. Especially if both I and my DH can use our individual cards. Thanks to original poster for the heads up. I know from past experience that if you keep checking a website, savings can be found!

I got the offer on my platinum card

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

I checked both platinum cards and both blue cards, and no offers. My DH called and spoke with platinum rep for quite awhile. The guy was completely clueless. He said he couldn't find any references of this offer anywhere. Again, I'm glad someone got to take advantage of this deal. I sure hope it shows up again before we sail.

Just did a Live Chat with Amex.

After much back & forth, including their repeated insistence that it must a third party offer, I was finally told to check back in 48 hours because it probably wasn't yet loaded into their system. I told them the offer started 2 days ago. The answer was it takes more than 48 hours to upload to their system. To check back later or tomorrow.

Then Amex asked me to answer 25 questions about "my experience" with them on Live Chat. Told them to check back in 48 hours when I've downloaded the information.

We both got the offer (s) on our Platinum cards.

Last year when everyone was reporting getting this offer and we didn't my husband called Amex to try to get it. He actually got an informed rep who checked and then told him it was a targeted offer - some customers got it and some didn't. She implied that she thought it was random but there was no way she could go into the system and add it.

It looks to happen every fall so keep trying this year but if you don't get it try again next fall.

Edited by chamima

I booked shore excursions and I received the confirmation email below. I figured I would give it a shot since I just made my final payment yesterday. If it doesn't work I will cancel them and use a different credit card.

"We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at CELEBRITY. Look out for a $150.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms."

Update:

I received the $150 credit yesterday for the shore excursions I charged.

I booked shore excursions and I received the confirmation email below. I figured I would give it a shot since I just made my final payment yesterday. If it doesn't work I will cancel them and use a different credit card.

"We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at CELEBRITY. Look out for a $150.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms."

I received the same email from Amex after booking our flights thru Choice Air. Got my fingers crossed!!!

Celebrity Cruises

Spend $500 or more, get $150 back

I just got on chat with Amex about this, I have a platinum, and never got this offer. He told me it only is going to certain people, you cant automatically get it, and you cannot request it either. He said I can wait a few days to see if it gets added, but otherwise nothing to do to get it if I havent already.

Darn it!

Thanks for the heads up. I just got an American Express that I was interesting in using for the rewards. Hopefully I have this option but since I have never used the card I don't know. Will need to register online and see if it shows up. If so then I will be off to a good start on my rewards.

I checked both platinum cards and both blue cards, and no offers. My DH called and spoke with platinum rep for quite awhile. The guy was completely clueless. He said he couldn't find any references of this offer anywhere. Again, I'm glad someone got to take advantage of this deal. I sure hope it shows up again before we sail.

You may have already done this but when I checked I couldn't see it in "all offers" then I changed to "travel" on my offers (I also have a platinum card) and it showed up. Try changing the view to "travel". Good luck!

My credit still hasn't shown up. I made 2 $500 deposits on new cruises the morning of 9/15, then saw this post and immediately added the offer. At that time, the charges were "pending" so the offer was added to my card before they went finally through. I think I had to have the offer there first - missed it by 2 hours. I will wait a few weeks and if nothing shows up, I will just pay another $500 down. This deal is a no brainer! Thanks to the OP for sharing!

My credit still hasn't shown up. I made 2 $500 deposits on new cruises the morning of 9/15, then saw this post and immediately added the offer. At that time, the charges were "pending" so the offer was added to my card before they went finally through. I think I had to have the offer there first - missed it by 2 hours. I will wait a few weeks and if nothing shows up, I will just pay another $500 down. This deal is a no brainer! Thanks to the OP for sharing!

I think it really is dependent on the purchase date, not the posting date. I have never had an Amex offer take more than 5 days for the credit to appear on my account, so no need to wait 2 weeks. I would not expect to see the credit for a charge made PRIOR to loading the offer to your card.

Mike

You may have already done this but when I checked I couldn't see it in "all offers" then I changed to "travel" on my offers (I also have a platinum card) and it showed up. Try changing the view to "travel". Good luck!

Also have the platinum card and had the same situation. Didn't see the offer until I changed to travel offers.

Also have the platinum card and had the same situation. Didn't see the offer until I changed to travel offers.

I don't understand this. Aren't the Travel Offers just a subset of All Offers? Mine don't seem to be anything different, right now I have 3-4 Travel Offers that are also listed under the 60+ list of all offers.