New Celebrity offer from American Express!

cadburysmom

I don't understand this. Aren't the Travel Offers just a subset of All Offers? Mine don't seem to be anything different, right now I have 3-4 Travel Offers that are also listed under the 60+ list of all offers.

Yes - I think perhaps the Celebrity offer just got overlooked in that long list and was more noticeable in the smaller "travel" category.

I think it really is dependent on the purchase date, not the posting date. I have never had an Amex offer take more than 5 days for the credit to appear on my account, so no need to wait 2 weeks. I would not expect to see the credit for a charge made PRIOR to loading the offer to your card.

Mike

It is interesting that some folks have already received the credit. In the Terms of the offer I received it said that the credit would be issued after October 31 which is when the offer ends. I, too, have a Platinum AX and got the offer. Seems totally without rhyme or reason as to who gets the offer. Also, when I called AX directly I talked to 3 people, none of whom knew about the offer. Finally they managed to find it after I read the offer and the terms to them. Today I used the offer to pay on a cruise I have booked for next year. So, I'll see what happens with the credit.

Carolyn

I think it really is dependent on the purchase date, not the posting date. I have never had an Amex offer take more than 5 days for the credit to appear on my account, so no need to wait 2 weeks. I would not expect to see the credit for a charge made PRIOR to loading the offer to your card.

Mike

I think you're right, but I think it is more that the offer be applied before the charge is made. I made the purchase around 11 am on 9/15 and added the offer around 2pm the same day. I was just curious if it would connect since the payment was made on the same day, just literally hours before. Interestingly, nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say you have to apply the offer first, or that past purchases (within the promo period) are excluded.

I can't believe I missed this by a couple of hours.... well, I didn't really "miss" it - easy enough to put another $500 down now.

Edited by travelingirl70

When I log onto my amex account, I don't see offers anywhere. Am I missing something, doing something wrong or is this just not there for Canadians.

Go to your Home page.

Scroll down to the very bottom.

(Don't feel badly - my husband couldn't find the offers either - I had to show him where they were) :p

When I log onto my amex account, I don't see offers anywhere. Am I missing something, doing something wrong or is this just not there for Canadians.

Credit cards issued in other countries have differing terms and conditions, different benefits too from country to country. Even if they have the same name. So it might be that Canadians don't get the offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About a year or so ago others were talking about this same offer. We didn't get the offer on our cards then and we didn't get it (so far) this time either. But I'll keep looking - maybe someday we will be the ones to get the offer!

Might I suggest calling Amex and asking them to begin adding these offers to your account? I know some cards just don't give these offers ... but I have been successful in getting not only one of these offers added but then, ever since I told them I definitely cruise a lot, they have added these cruise offers to my benefits. It is certainly worth a try, no?

Got the credit this morning on $500 in shore excursions and specialty dining.

As I suspected -- this may be "intended" for reservations only, but like most offers I've used with Amex over the years, it's really simply tied to the merchant. So..... pretty much anything from Celebrity will get this credit. The T&C's were pretty clear on no gift cards -- I'd bet even those would work, though, I'd probably not try it myself here. Of course, I generally buy gift cards for any restaurant offers I have on my card (if I want to go to said restaurant) and have always received my statement credit.

I've received over $1,000 in free money from AMEX so far this year.

Mike

As a newbie to Amex and their offers, this is good information

As I suspected -- this may be "intended" for reservations only, but like most offers I've used with Amex over the years, it's really simply tied to the merchant. So..... pretty much anything from Celebrity will get this credit. The T&C's were pretty clear on no gift cards -- I'd bet even those would work, though, I'd probably not try it myself here. Of course, I generally buy gift cards for any restaurant offers I have on my card (if I want to go to said restaurant) and have always received my statement credit.

I've received over $1,000 in free money from AMEX so far this year.

Mike

As I suspected -- this may be "intended" for reservations only, but like most offers I've used with Amex over the years, it's really simply tied to the merchant. So..... pretty much anything from Celebrity will get this credit.

I've had the same experience. As long as the charge goes through from the merchant, I've received the Amex credit no matter what it was that I purchased. Also, once the email comes saying from Amex saying you redeemed the offer, it always has been reflected on my next statement.

Slightly annoyed. I checked my AMEX offers on Monday before making final payment and there was no Celebrity offer on my Platinium card. I just missed it. My final was due 9/14 and the offer began 9/15. Oh well.......

you can use it to book a shore ex or anything prepaid on their site.

I got it and my friend didn't...she called Amex and they said they were contacting marketing and to check back in 7-10 days???

Let us know if she gets the offer added. No offer here yet, but going to give Amex a call as well. It's worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

you can use it to book a shore ex or anything prepaid on their site.

There are no shore excursions I want to book. I don't do cruise line shore excursions usually and there are none I want to do on the Western Caribbean itinerary. Also I have $350 in onboard credit and the drink package included. It will be hard enough to use all that up as it is. Last June I had $150 not used so I bought an Apple TV for $149 at the iLounge.

Edited by Charles4515

There are no shore excursions I want to book. I don't do cruise line shore excursions usually and there are none I want to do on the Western Caribbean itinerary. Also I have $350 in onboard credit and the drink package included. It will be hard enough to use all that up as it is. Last June I had $150 not used so I bought an Apple TV for $149 at the iLounge.

You could put down a deposit on another cruise