Chops, Now 42 dollars

tonynypd

I can imagine there will be a bunch of people rushing to the restaurant right after they board to book. I wonder if they will allow those with dining packages to book Christmas and NYE for no extra charge.

That will be interesting. I can't see " I'm sorry sir, I know you already paid for the dining package but that will be an extra $10 to dine on Christmas Day" going over very well.

Think I will pass..

On my first cruise with a Chops, Freedom 2008 it was $25 and reinforced this was for the servers. Being that we cruise once a year on our anniversary I am willing probably to pay this, but I would be sending back the terrible steak and appetizer I had on Oasis last May. I am such a different person on a cruise and my wife and I don't eat that much, so I shared her filet and soup. Had this been a land based meal I would have probably walked out.

That said, i have had some really good meals there, most recently Freedom 2015.

I am disappointed that the price for dinner has risen to $42. I can't afford close to $100 per couple to eat there. Very sad.

Our last cruise in February we bought the $70 3 specialty dining meals. We at at Chops twice.

What is the cost for the 3 specialty dining package?

I'm sorry if this seams a little harsh... But you mean to tell me/us that you can afford the cruise which on average is $1000-$3000, but you can't afford to pay $4-$7 more to eat at a Specialty Restaurant?????

Here's my suggestion for you then... Eat in The MDR, The Windjammer, Sorrento's, or many of the other Free Eateries.

There is no Upcharge there!

Edited by MAlagich

They'll charge what people are willing to pay. ;)

We have gone to Chops on every RCCL cruise, twice on the past two cruises. Now, I am calling it quits. It is time that people refuse to pay these increases. Then maybe RCCL will get the message.

For our Allure 3/12/17 booking - these are the prices:

Chef's Table - $95pp

150 Central Park - $45pp

150 Central Park w/wine pairing - $89pp

Chops - $42pp

Giovanni's - $30pp

Samba Grill - $30pp

And remember, this is *in addition to* the money you've already paid in your cruise fare for meals in free venues, a meal that is presumably going uneaten.

Edited by KMagz

Just was looking at the website and noticed that Chops Grille is now 42 bucks. I remembered earlier during the summer that it was 39 or 35.

Now surpasses 150 Central Park as the highest priced Restaurant on the ship.

Anyone know if anything changed food wise, or was it just an increase?

T

Not worth it. It wasn't even worthy of $35. Chops is nothing but a Sirloin/Bonanza Steakhouse on a ship w/ a grade level better of ambiance & service. We haven't been served a great steak at Chops yet on four different ships.

I'm sorry if this seams a little harsh... But you mean to tell me/us that you can afford the cruise which on average is $1000-$3000, but you can't afford to pay $4-$7 more to eat at a Specialty Restaurant?????

Here's my suggestion for you then... Eat in The MDR, The Windjammer, Sorrento's, or many of the other Free Eateries.

There is no Upcharge there!

I can afford it and a lot more,but I hope I will always have enough sense to never go there.

Not worth it. It wasn't even worthy of $35. Chops is nothing but a Sirloin/Bonanza Steakhouse on a ship w/ a grade level better of ambiance & service. We haven't been served a great steak at Chops yet on four different ships.

LOL!! I had to laugh at the bolded.

How about Sizzler (remember that place? LOL!!)

I agree. My last meal at our local Western Sizzlin was better than my last meal at Chops and much cheaper. I havent been impressed the last two times Ive been and I think its an insult to milk another 18-20 out of someone for the "something special" steak.

OTOH, I would probably pay 50.00 a person for Prime on Carnival Magic though.

LOL!! I had to laugh at the bolded.

How about Sizzler (remember that place? LOL!!)

I'm in the Bay Area. I don't have to remember!:eek: There are Sizzler's in practically every city! I just went to one in Hayward last week, Daly City 3 months ago.:p:D;)

This is getting out of hand. I think we'll stick with our twice yearly local Restaurant week. For $35 I get a full 3 course meal with excellent service at Ruth's Chris. I say that's plenty.

Erika

What Ruth Chris are you going to that you pay $35 for a full 3 course meal?? What are you eating chopped cube steak because you sure can't get a quality steak of any kind with 3 courses at Ruth Chris in Uptown Charlotte for $35! :confused:

What Ruth Chris are you going to that you pay $35 for a full 3 course meal?? What are you eating chopped cube steak because you sure can't get a quality steak of any kind with 3 courses at Ruth Chris in Uptown Charlotte for $35! :confused:

I got the impression it was a promotional price.

I prefer Morton's over Ruth's Chris

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You're local and you didn't know? Sorry to hear that. Charlotte has a twice yearly Restaurant Week (January and July, I think) where many local restaurants offer a set menu for $30 or $35 pp. And both downtown and Southpark Ruth's Chris participate. Even better. The Charlotte Ruth's Chris does an annual anniversary deal where you can buy a gift card (only good at these locations, and 'maybe' in Charleston?) for about $50 but it's worth about $80 and you can use it during Restaurant Week. We do this every year.

Erika