Lanyards...Yes or No?

phil_in_npton

This woman will not want a small purse. I don't need tissues (why would anyone carry around tissues?), don't wear lipstick, and don't run a comb through my hair once it's styled and sprayed into place.

I'll wear a lanyard if I want to. IMO, a lanyard is better than pulling a card sticky with sweat from my bra. Ew.

People carry tissues to blow their noses, rather than spew into the air or onto the floor. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day All!

Well, a few days back from first ever cruise on Carnival Vista, we were totally blown away, an awesome experience in comparison to any other type of holiday taken previously!

So in order to tie up the loose ends from starting this thread, firstly thanks to all who replied, and we did not bother with Lanyards, probably saw about 25% with them.

As for door organisers, never saw anyone wearing them!

Regards to All

Phil in Northampton

Isle of Wight ferry 1976

Carnival Vista 2016

Good Day All!

As for door organisers, never saw anyone wearing them!

Regards to All

Phil in Northampton

Isle of Wight ferry 1976

Carnival Vista 2016

Let me tell you Phil, I just went through 2500 google images looking for someone wearing a door organizer and low and behold.. your right, no images..glad you enjoyed your cruise..

• 4 weeks later...

Do what works for you... lanyards are great, but here is what we do...

When DH and I cruise, we ask to have a hole punched in a corner of our SeaPass card (obviously not over the magnetic strip) then we put it on a key ring with one of those flexible coil wristbands attached. That way we can wear it around our wrists instead of on a lanyard.

Really, it just doesn't matter. Lots of people use lanyards, lots don't. I normally don't, but once in a while do. Nobody is going to judge you one way or the other.

Funny note; my husband and I normally don't get each other 'big' gifts anymore for Xmas and other occasions, but we do give each other some little, fun gifts. (We give ourselves cruises or other vacations instead.)

Las Xmas he gave me this very pretty beaded necklace--he usually picks out a piece of costume jewelery or two--and he didn't even notice it was actually a lanyard! First one I've ever had. I got a good laugh out of it when I tried to wear it as an actual necklace.

Many wear lanyards. Makes things easier in most cases.

I like to bring mine that is thin, plain, black leather. When not in use, I hang it on one of those magnetic hooks in cabin so it is easy to find. Before doing this it seemed like I was always misplacing it.

I wear it under my top so it doesn't "flap around".

At pool the lanyard w/pass goes in my beachbag so I can retrieve it easily.

In evening I unclip the sail pass from lanyard and put pass in my evening bag.

Enjoy your cruise

Good Day All

First post prior to first cruise...so lets go straight to the important stuff!

Should we get Lanyards or not?

If we dont will we stand out from the experienced crowd like the innocent newbies that we are?

If we do, will the "in crowd" mock us for doing all the stuff they left behind many moons ago?

This is troubling me greatly, a good or bad experience on this trip will shape our future holidays for the rest of our lives!

Hoping for a mature and honest response, to this most trivial of concerns!

Phil in Northampton

If you check on prior posts, you will find a thread that was about 500 posts long on lanyards. Here we go again.

DON

Good Day All

If we do, will the "in crowd" mock us for doing all the stuff they left behind many moons ago?

Hi Phil,

The only place you will be mocked for using a lanyard is here on Cruise Critic. Such a thing would never happen in real life on a cruise.

I do not use a neck lanyard, but at times when I don't have pockets or my hubby's pockets nearby, I use a wrist coil to keep my card with me. I am pretty low maintenance and carry only my glasses/card with me to dinner and they travel in my husband's pocket, so I never carry a purse.

I've seen many people on several lines who are not 'first timers' carry thier cards on a neck lanyard, so carry your card however you feel most comfortable !