Wanting to do some new things on next cruise in December-not same old-same old-anyone

oldmom

I want to do something totally different on my next cruise! Don't get me wrong- I love to cruise. But I have cruised on similar style ships-Freedom style and Oasis with RCCL many times now-and most of the stuff is almost exactly the same on all my cruises!- getting to be routine -same ports- EXACT same Ice Shows,70s and 80s parties,Prominade, speciallty and MDR menus, Love and Marriage,pool games, etc. I am getting older-so I do enjoy just relaxing and spending time with my husband. We try different cabins and different excursions. Am I expecting too much? (No I am not ready to switch cruise lines-yet and I have done Carnival twice-enjoyed it)We do cruise out of Florida. I wish RCCL would add new shows or something-more often for the frequent cruisers-Yes I know that is expensive to do. Any suggestions for something "new" to do on the ships- I have done the Zip lines and all. I am not the sporty type-like to read, shop, go to movies, eat out-try new drinks- I have done all the specialty restaurants. Just wanting to "change it up" this time-thanks- I know I am so lucky to be able to cruise-just do not want to get bored!

Try trivia or a class of some sort. Stay on the ship when it's in port. Take a side trip. We have the same thing this cruise, been to all the ports many times. We will be on Anthem, so we will go to St. John's when we're in St. Thomas. Plan on staying on ship in St. Marrten, to enjoy the ship. Hope this helps... :cool:

I respect your thoughts and feelings, but in all honesty, I have no idea what you are talking about. Lol. Not sure how many cruises you have been on, but I have been on 10 with two more booked. I don't ever recall feeling bored....ever! I wish I could LIVE on a ship. :) (or at least take 4 cruises a year).:eek:

Edited by champagne123
ssssss

The only way you're going to get a really different experience is to sail to a different destination. Try out Alaska, or the Med, maybe Bermuda from NJ...

You also said that you've cruised on Freedom and Oasis Class a lot - why don't you try something smaller like Radiance of Vision Class. They might offer you a different experience.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

The only way you're going to get a really different experience is to sail to a different destination. Try out Alaska, or the Med, maybe Bermuda from NJ...

Just got a flyer from Crystal for a Northwest Passage cruise. That would be different!

Did I miss it? What ship are you sailing on in December, and to where?

Of rhe top of my head, take the classes during the day, go to trivia, go to rhe lectures, learn a new card game, try different foods, go to a different time of the shows, volunteer to be team leader for Quest or be in the marriage game, etc.. For ports, Skip the typical beaches and try an independent tour to somewhere new, or do an active tour like ATV or a hike or something....

It's up to you to create your own fun...

Thanks to all the responses- I guess I should have posted-we cruise out of Florida -for now-so we can drive to the ports to save money-son is using our "fun money" for college-darn him. I'm not bored yet-just looking for a few ideas to try out different things that others have tried out and liked-that I might have missed. We are going to take the Sabor class on Freedom-the last sea day. I don't really gamble-but may try it this time. May try to stay up later or get up earlier-go to the gymn-(ha-ha). Buy the drink package and be buzzed the whole cruise!:rolleyes:

Celebrity Solstice Class. I know you said you didn't want to change lines but these ships have a different vibe and sound right up your alley. We've been splitting our time between both lines because it's a different style of cruising. Check them out and then decide.

Celebrity Solstice Class. I know you said you didn't want to change lines but these ships have a different vibe and sound right up your alley. We've been splitting our time between both lines because it's a different style of cruising. Check them out and then decide.

So true, and Celebrity will honor your status:D

Just got a flyer from Crystal for a Northwest Passage cruise. That would be different!

The Crystal Serenity was on the news last night. It pulled in the NY port yesterday after doing this crazy itinerary for a crazy amount of time for a crazy amount of money. There is a major thread about it on the Crystal boards with insane pics.

Reedprincess- We are going on Freedom-western carribean-my first 6 day cruise- in Dec. This will be my 3rd time on her-we are going because we got a great price! My husband likes to play poker and stay up late-2am-so a cruise is great for us-because I can go back to the cabin at any time to sleep. He only needs 5 hours of sleep- I need 7-8-so this works out well. It is mainly the evening entertainment that I am talking about trying something new. The shows are the same- the ice show has been the same for 8 years now !( Time to change the program) Maybe a 90's show-country show-latino show-for a change would be great!.Celebrity might be a great option for us-will look into those as well. thanks all.

Here is a Celebrity Cruise that is TOTALLY DIFFERENT...

DECEMBER 2, 2016.... 15 Night Galapagos / Machu Picchu Expedition (8-Night Land Tour plus 7-Night Cruise) on Celebrity's Xpedition...

Dennis & Sue

Been there done that. Quite expensive for most budgets. Awesome experience.

We've also done the same old ports many times so dh has started golfing at least once when we sail in the Caribbean. He's enjoyed the courses in St. Thomas and Cozumel. On his golf days, I stay on the ship and enjoy the Solarium and my balcony. I also found a Scrabble game for a couple of hours that was fun and I met new people.

If the op is tired of beach trips, there were a couple of cooking excursions offered last year (one was in Cozumel) and there was a tea at a plantation in Jamaica that looked interesting. One year, hubby and I rented dune buggies which was a lot of fun. The ports may be the same, but with a little research, I am sure the op can find some new things to do.

I like the ideas some have given, like bringing some new friends who have never cruised, or trying a smaller ship class. I read a review someone revitalized last night (the review was from February called "disenchantment of the seas" or something like that was mentioned, but someone commented on it and it came back up to the front page, might still be around). Anyway, it was actually a really good review and had some great pictures of the ship which piqued my curiosity about those smaller ships. It might be something good to try.

I would also suggest trying a non-cruise vacation. I love cruising and being able to visit all the different places and keep my hotel with me, but I do a lot of traveling off ships as well and there are tons of all-inclusives you could visit for a change, of course those would require a flight, but maybe just skip a year of cruising and use two year's worth of cruise money to do something new, or even to fly to a new port so you could do different islands.

I know a lot of people do the same ships and the same ports over and over and over and love it, but there are just too many places in this world to visit to repeat the same thing every single vacation; you're missing out on a whole world out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl