Does NCL Allow Service Cats!

kcwingwalker

I know silly question. But my Grace and Tommy firmly believe they belong in my suitcase and are determined to cruise with me. And it would be lovely on those long sea days so they would be doing a "service" NCL does allow service animals.

They will be staying in the Cancun suite at my vets and will be well cared for. Lots of attention and their own food. My cats are favorites at my vets because she rescued them and gave them the care they badly needed.

So I'm resorting to putting my suitcase in my trunk and doing my packing in the garage!

How do we pet lovers put one over on our furry friends?

Looks like someone has been hitting the boxed wine this morning...

;)

Too funny! :D I bet you heard me laughing but I think she might be asking how we fool our pets. Then again...

We have four spoiled rescues which happens when your kids are grown with families of their own. We hide the suitcases in the space bedroom and keep the door shut for weeks ahead of time. They scream (literally) when we take them to their vacation resort. The pictures the place sends always shows the cats looking really angry.

Nope they will never go on a cruise with us as this is when we have time away from them waking us up at night wanting to play.

The moment my suitcases hit the bed, every time I turn around a cat is in it. Let me tell you if I could take a cat on a cruise with me and have them in my cabin I would so totally do that. I really miss them when we go on vacation and I wouldn't worry so much about certain ones while I am gone.

I have long found a cat cannot be fooled when it comes to packing. So I'm opting for the garage this time. They do know that the garage is totally off limits. If I use one of the spare bedrooms it is just as bad. They will manage to sneak in. Lots of checking everything out and just maybe one of the kids is coming home.

They will be headed for the Cancun suite a day prior to my flight. They will be quickly chucked into the guest bath with a small box wedged behind the toilet. A 17 pound cat can get behind a toilet and quite difficult to remove. Next close all doors and bring out the carriers. If all goes well, then off to the Cancun suite and they will be screaming the entire way.

Then it's time for the boxed wine:)

On our first trip on the Spirit several passengers were saying that the Captain always brought his cat with him.

I don't know about cats , but the ADA allows you to bring a miniature horse.

This brings to mind one of my favorite Amazon commercials with Sonny and Cher's song Little Man. I wonder if I can get the DH to buy me another horse this one a miniature to take on the cruise with us. LOL

Cats and other pets can help lower blood pressure http://www.academia.edu/1449356/Studies_Confirm_Health_Benefits_of_Having_a_Cat

While I love my cats it really would not be fair to bring them along and claim they were "service" animals. My BP is totally under control with medication.

Can you imagine the steward having to deal with cat litter all over the cabin...........not to mention the amount of damage a cat who did not enjoy cruising could do.

My cats will stay on land and be well cared for. I will miss them and be delighted when we are all home again. I will email and call to make sure all is well with them. Sister and daughter are available for emergencies.

My post was in fun. Like many others I always feel guilty when I'm off for a great trip and the kitties are sulking in the Cancun suite at the Catnap Inn. DD missed her kitty and skyped with him from the Jewel. The cat was in South Korea with her DH!

Under the ADA a service animal is trained to perform tasks for a person with a disability. The disability can be seeing, hearing, mobility or seizure alert to name a few. What tasks does the cat perform?:rolleyes:

My cat is trained to alert me when there is an emergency! For example, he starts to meow LOUDLY when the food bowl is almost empty! He's also been known to alert me physically of this impending disaster, by butting his head into me and placing a paw on my arm.

D............does this count? :o

The moment my suitcases hit the bed, every time I turn around a cat is in it. Let me tell you if I could take a cat on a cruise with me and have them in my cabin I would so totally do that. I really miss them when we go on vacation and I wouldn't worry so much about certain ones while I am gone.

Same issue here! I cannot leave the suitcase unattended and open on the bed while packing, because my cats think this is the BEST place to take a nap on my freshly washed, pressed and folded clothes! Sometime I find both of them in the suitcase jostling for position!

Even though I miss them when I'm gone, I know they are well cared for by the pet sitter, she sends me pics and updates twice a day - but I DO NOT miss getting woken up in the middle of night because one of them wants a head scratch!

Yaw ya - yada yada yada

I have now heard it all the Magician pulling the rabbit out of the hat and

birds up his sleeve

AND - NOW IT IS THE CAT IN THE HAT !

I seriously think the NCL would have issues with the cat raiding the galley

or ordering room service menu lobster salmon tuna fish pate'.

Think "GARFIELD" at sea what a comic act !

Well just maybe - maybe since the beverage and water police are so vigilante

in restricting the flow of liquids the 'Chessire Cat' could pass with a glaring

'SMILE' !

If you do subsequently manage to smuggle the cat on board stay off the

"Poop Deck" that's for canines only - where you cat makes it's Sand Box could

create strange aromas in the Atrium plastic jungle !

Eventually too many drunks are going to report seeing cats and the jig will be up !

On a pure SAFETY note keep the cats out of the suitcases if traveling by air to

the port. The mile high club is not for 9 lives cats - too many will be used up

in one flight.

We have to get a pet sitter. My girl cat likes adventure and wouldn't mind a nice kennel so much (she jumps in the cat carrier when it's time to see the vet), but the boy is a big baby and he wails like the world is ending when he has to ride in the car anywhere.

He'd lose his mind on a plane.

And I'm fine with cruise ships continuing to NOT smell like cat urine. It never comes out.

My cat is trained to alert me when there is an emergency! For example, he starts to meow LOUDLY when the food bowl is almost empty! He's also been known to alert me physically of this impending disaster, by butting his head into me and placing a paw on my arm.

Lol too funny! My cat does the same thing!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We hide the suitcases in the space bedroom

Cool! I want a space bedroom! ;)

A 17 pound cat can get behind a toilet and quite difficult to remove.

Cats can put themselves in the most difficult to reach places. We were at the vet's office one time and the cat got under the sink and then behind the CPU that was in a compartment next to the sink. We had to remove the CPU from the cabinet in order to drag him out.

Edited by cml4958

My cat is "part dog"...He fetches, comes when I call his name, barks at the birds, and growls when someone rings the doorbell!

He is very possessive of me, and must be touching me, laying on me or at least see me...or else he starts to get anxious. He asks for hugs.

OMG...I think I am a service human to a neurotic cat.

While I would loooove to take him, a break is nice. I feel He thinks he lives in a hotel where the wait staff is lazy on the weekends, provides no dinner menus or choices for their meals...just the same thing, day after day. Just when the cat tree is nice and shredded, it is replaced so he has to start over...

We have to hide the luggage too. We have a vet tech who pet sits, and a neighbor and my dad come over the play with them and clean the poo box and food/water.

Yep, I have three that do this. Or they like to walk directly across my chest/stomach to ensure I know they are there. ugh.

My cat is "part dog"...He fetches, comes when I call his name, barks at the birds, and growls when someone rings the doorbell!

He is very possessive of me, and must be touching me, laying on me or at least see me...or else he starts to get anxious. He asks for hugs.

OMG...I think I am a service human to a neurotic cat.

While I would loooove to take him, a break is nice. I feel He thinks he lives in a hotel where the wait staff is lazy on the weekends, provides no dinner menus or choices for their meals...just the same thing, day after day. Just when the cat tree is nice and shredded, it is replaced so he has to start over...

We have to hide the luggage too. We have a vet tech who pet sits, and a neighbor and my dad come over the play with them and clean the poo box and food/water.

This whole post exactly fits our cats too LOL

As soon as they see us come home from our cruise, they do not leave us alone for like a week. They follow us around, under our feet, to ensure we are not going away again LOL

has anyone tried leaving luggage or cat carrier out for 2 months. certainly they cannot think every day for 2 months that you are leaving. if it becomes part of the natural surroundings u should be ok

For that very reason I have a permanent suitcase that sits out in our bedroom. The hope was with it always being in the bedroom they wouldn't overly notice it anymore as I start to pack it. You would be surprised the things a cat can pick up on.

I do also believe some people do have a cat for anxiety issues and for some have been listed as a medical necessity. I would so take my cat with me and keep in the cabin if I could. We do cat rescue so we have quite a few, however my blind little girl Wednesday will be missed the most. I would take her everywhere with me if I could.