Things I wish RC would do/have...

Slam308

I think most of the ships have the "phone call" alarm system where you can set it up to call you at some time.

I typically use a small travel alarm that has big numbers so I can see without glasses.

Ones like this are small and easy to pack:

https://www.amazon.com/ZHPUAT-Digital-Alarm-Controllable-Backlight/dp/B01DEVIQOS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474483301&sr=8-3&keywords=small+alarm+clock

Yeah, buffalo wings... totally agree. We sometimes get them in the Diamond Club, but they'd be a welcome addition to the WindJammer on some days.

Tom

Alarm Clocks in the rooms would be nice!

Buffalo Wings to order off the room service menu or served in the Café Promenade or Sorrento's for late night snack!

:cool:

Agree with Bob. Shareholder credit needs to be applied no matter what other credits are applied. RCCL is really cheap in this area. They want you to be a stockholder and support their company but won't give you a benifit for it in sailing on one of their ships. Carnival will apply their stockholder OBC without any restrictions applied.

Without question ! This should be automatic regardless of WHAT kind of discount you have received.

Karen, in July 2006, I boarded the Crown Princess for my first non-Royal Caribbean cruise. One of the first things that I noticed was in the buffet: "Look. Real china and real glasses. How nice."

Then seven days later, the ship listed severely at about 1 or 2 P.M. Many many many people were in the buffet at the time.

China and glass flew everywhere. It was like hitting an I.E.D. Shrapnel. Major damage done to people's lower limbs.

Now I appreciate RC's melamine dishes and plastic cups and mugs!

:eek: ;)

Point taken, Carol, and thanks for the insight. I hand't considered that.

I may lack culture, but I care more about the quality of the food than I do what it's placed on. RCI's plates work fine as you say.

Well, I was just contributing to the thread. I actually really enjoyed the china plates and cups on Celebrity.

Our very first cruise (what seems like a million years ago) on Carnival, had a talent night, where passengers performed. It was awesome! I would love it if Royal had something like this :)

Ugh! Please no. It's usually not very good, and I definitely do not want it taking the place of professional entertainment like it far too often does on Carnival. If it's something during the middle of a sea day, I'm all for it. But please not something taking up the theatre on a night.

Scratch #2 off your list, this happens on almost every RCL cruise. #3 does happen....on the Suite deck....K.O.:)

It's been a couple years since we cruised RC but I don't ever remember seeing the staff much. I know they'd occasionally do a charity walk on deck and of course the Meet the Staff Q&A.

I'll have to check out the battery powered candles and clock. Don't need the alarm so much as just an idea of what time it is.

Funny story, my first cruise was a "Happy Divorce" cruise with a girlfriend. She worked 3-11 pm at a hospital so we went out for drinks after her shift, slept for 3 hours and then jumped on a flight to CA for our cruise. We had a great first day and then went to bed in our inside cabin. (This was before bow cams.)

I'd wake up, it's pitch dark, back to sleep. Wake up, still pitch dark, back to sleep. Finally, after feeling like I'd slept forever I got up and looked at my watch. It was 2 pm the next day! We'd slept through half the day.:eek:

Use of an iron and ironing board either in a laundry room or in the cabin.

I'm also not a fan of the plastic plates, I see the point about the rough seas but if other lines can manage it, why not RCL.

Julie

Melamine dishes only in Windjammer - MDR china. Irons are fire hazards . Enjoy your vacation from ironing and be slightly creased or try some of the special travel clothing lines that some companies sell.

Allow C&A balcony credit to be used along with the special of the day. There is no benefit if you can't take advantage of the discount.

Would love to have the fresh grilled hamburgers and hotdogs by the pool.

I know it will never work, but I would love the pool attendents would remove the towels that are left for hours. I think I read that some are putting stickers on chairs with a time. Then they go back and pick up the towels that still have stickers.

Edited by cincicruisers

My first cruise was in 1986, and the industry has really changed over the years. It's been a long time since I've cruised with RCCL, but I'm booked for a short weekend (due to time crunch) in November on Enchantment OTS. Some cruise lines may still do these things, but overall I miss:

#1. Complimentary welcome champagne on embarkation

#2. Chocolates with turn-down service

#3. Towel animals

#4. Hypnotism show (funniest thing I have ever seen in my life!) - not to be confused with a "mentalist" or magician - this is where volunteers from the audience actually get hypnotized.

Melamine dishes only in Windjammer - MDR china. Irons are fire hazards . Enjoy your vacation from ironing and be slightly creased or try some of the special travel clothing lines that some companies sell.

If irons are so dangerous, why do so many other cruise lines allow them? We've had use of irons in laundry rooms on Carnival and Princess, on NCL the cabin steward bought us an iron and board on request and on P and O we actually had an iron in the cupboard in our minisuite. All of these irons had automatic cutoff so not really much risk.

Of course it doesn't stop me cruising on RCL, I just don't eat in the Windjammer very often and would like to be a bit more smartly turned out:). The OP did ask for things we wished RC would do and these are mine.

Julie

In addition I''d like another TV news station besides CNN International, which spends way too much time on scrolling temperatures around the world. We didn't realize when we booked our November B2B that we would be at sea on election night. I hope we'll be able to get up-to-date information without hanging out on line.

Margy

We are going to be on the Allure on election night. Hope we can follow closely! Already requested the absentee ballot.

Ugh! Please no. It's usually not very good, and I definitely do not want it taking the place of professional entertainment like it far too often does on Carnival. If it's something during the middle of a sea day, I'm all for it. But please not something taking up the theatre on a night.

Agree....hate the thought of it